NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-01-2018
Nomination.....
24-01-2018
AOR Received.
11-04-2018
Hi,

My AOR is 16 April 2018, one of my colleague applied in March and and got PR in April in 53 Days !

while now I am at 92 days, do not know why there is so much delay.

I tried to call IRCC on 1 (888) 242-2100

and on 001-613-944-4000 - outside canada, on this number it connected to Global Affairs Canada and the lady told me I am dialing wrong number she can not help with inquiry.

Can anyone please tell how to connect to agent on call ? Number ?

Thank you
Best thing would be to order GCMS notes. That might push your application forward and you will get sufficient details. However, the notes will arrive only after 30 to 35 days. Maybe the PPR mail will arrive sooner.

No case is similar and due to huge workload everything is slow this year.

anand4udel

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I had called CIC yesterday. As per him, my file is in CIO Sydney. Its interesting, since I am in IP2 (at least from what I can see, in my bck grd statement) from Mid May 2018 and they have not asked for RPRF fee yet.

I did say him that, RPRF fee is still not asked for. He suggested that, I can make the payment now also or wait for the request (which will come in 6 month visa processing time frame :), if every things goes fine.)

Its really difficult to predict anything.

BR
Anand

AoR - 3rd April 2018
PNP (Ontario) - FSW-0
currently in IP2 stage (11th May 2018 onward).
4 person family.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Am planning to visit NDVO soon, knock on the counter, and ask em politely, "What the fuck is going on?"

Jokes aside, good things come to those who wait is the only way to go right now. I mean anything else is futile, hence chart the proverbial route.

Reactions: tbn2k18

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018

otmans

Apr 14, 2018
Hi

Anyone knows what does it mean if the CIC phone automated system mentions "the review of your background check has not started yet"? I called 4 weeks ago, and from memory at the time, it just repeated the online account status.

CanadaVisaForumMember

Star Member
May 24, 2018
Hi

Anyone knows what does it mean if the CIC phone automated system mentions "the review of your background check has not started yet"? I called 4 weeks ago, and from memory at the time, it just repeated the online account status.
This means that you are in IP1.
When you login to your account in www.cic.gc.ca, under the heading background check, currently, you must be seeing the same update, as what you hear on phone upon calling CIC.

I also see that you have ordered GCMS notes, they should give more clarity.
Please keep checking your spam folder.

Hsingh13

May 31, 2018

nabsk

Jul 17, 2018
Abidjan Cote D'Ivoire
hello everyone,

i got my AOR on april 10, MEP on april 18, and still in IP1 since april 18.
i called CIC yesterday, after waiting for 45 min i talked to a very nice lady, but she couldnt tell me any new information!!
she ask me to be patient, the procedure can take up to 6 months, and its been only 3 months and 7 days ( 97 days) since AOR.
:(

Last edited:

Mehul@T

Jun 3, 2018
Thank you so much!

Yes, I know each application is different and I have lot of travel history that is why I was waiting patiently, however, now it's high time, as I can see from the tracker same category FSW-O single applicant are getting PPR with AOR in May, many days after my AOR.

Even if they inquire at all the countries I traveled, the clearance shall come within a month, I got PCC from Germany in one month & it's straight froward application means they can verify all information easily and no criminal record anytime.

I got medical pass on 24 April, then after no update it is in IP1 since 24 April.

I raised CSE for visa office, didn't got reply, I have ordered GCMS notes recently,

Thank you again, I need to wait patiently some more days I think.

All The Best!

Every PR application is different. There are different categories of applications- FSW-I, FSW-O,PNP, CEC are the common ones. This is the one of the factors which leads to different processing times of applications.
My personal experience also says that in the same category, between a single applicant and an applicant with dependents, the application for the applicant with dependents is processed faster.
Also, as each PR application is unique, the various checks (for e.g., travel history) differ from application to application and thus the variation in the number of processing days.
Therefore, you find your colleague's application processed quicker.

From outside Canada, you can call IRCC at the number +1 613 944 4000 and options to be selected are 1111122.
After this, you will be asked to type in your application number and then your year of birth.

Yes, on calling +1 613 944 4000, the first thing we listen is welcome to Global Affairs Canada.
You have to select the options mentioned above and it is a good chance that your call gets disconnected for the reason of high calls volume.
You might have to try 5-6 times. After this, once you get in the queue, it usually takes 40-45 minutes wait time to actually speak to an agent.

I came to know about my VO this way, through the call.

I had also raised CSE for the same, the reply to which came many days later.

As it has already been 92 days, you might want to order GCMS notes through GCMSbuddy or getgcms.

Also, the status of your background check will tell you at which stage you are, IP1 or IP2.

Please read as many posts in forums, as you can, it really helps in understanding the PR process, its various scenarios and above all, we learn to be patient.

All The Best!!