Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
thecoolguysam said:
A person can can request ATIP basically for many reasons however following are just two that I would like to elaborate:

1. To get your CBSA entry/exit records. ( You have to use Canada Border Services Agency from the drop-down menu)

2. To get notes/details about your citizenship application(You have to use Citizenship and Immigration Canada from the drop-down) which will include the current status of the application and the stage where the application is currently at. It also provide more details about your application which the call centre can't provide.

For option 2, I am not sure though if it affects the speed and processing of the citizenship application.
Thanks for the clarification Sam. Is it an information that can be really relevant? I mean is it worth it? I think I read in different threads that when you receive your ATIP you will need to decode what is written in it :) as it's not always clear...

ikonkaar939

Jun 21, 2014
Hi Friends,

I am stressed. got finger prints request sec 21/22 citizenship act. i m feeling i would never get citizenship. I never did any crime. didnt get arrested.

but my ex bf and me both have protection orders against each other. its just because i lend him 25 k $ and he never wanted to return this . so after break up i applied small claim and he applied protection order against me for no reason. i have orders against him too because he is a liar.

police and lawyers said it will never affect me because i never did crime and these are only orders. but now i got fingerprint request. I m not happy.

should i made an appointment with cic ? please advice

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ikonkaar939 said:
Hi Friends,

I am stressed. got finger prints request sec 21/22 citizenship act. i m feeling i would never get citizenship. I never did any crime. didnt get arrested.

but my ex bf and me both have protection orders against each other. its just because i lend him 25 k $ and he never wanted to return this . so after break up i applied small claim and he applied protection order against me for no reason. i have orders against him too because he is a liar.

police and lawyers said it will never affect me because i never did crime and these are only orders. but now i got fingerprint request. I m not happy.

should i made an appointment with cic ? please advice

Interesting...well the reason you have to comply with the finger print request (aka additional information about the applicant) is that when they sent out your file for criminality check, it must have come back with a "report able trace found". Now they have to make sure that you have not committed an indictable offense as indicated in the citizenship act before the office can proceed any further in regards to your claim for Canadian citizenship.

Protection orders are generally not issued as a result of someone's speculation. In other words, you need to come with up with an evidence to allow the authorities to draw a reasonable inference that protection may be necessary for the petitioners well being. Upon providing sufficient documentation and satisfying the authorities, protection orders may be issued.

If you have not committed an offense then get your finger prints done, and your application will most likely move to the next stage - the office just want to verify that you are not prohibited from applying for citizenship.

I hope that helps!! and stay positive...

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Babi22 said:
Thanks for the clarification Sam. Is it an information that can be really relevant? I mean is it worth it? I think I read in different threads that when you receive your ATIP you will need to decode what is written in it :) as it's not always clear...
Some information is understandable however some information needs to be decoded.

People usually submit ATIP if there is no progress regarding the application since so long.
If your application is being processed normally within timelines then don't worry about ordering ATIP.

sparkle

Feb 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I ordered ATIP notes just coz I was getting impatient....I hope it won't cause any harm to the file or slow it down maybe?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
thecoolguysam said:
Some information is understandable however some information needs to be decoded.

People usually submit ATIP if there is no progress regarding the application since so long.
If your application is being processed normally within timelines then don't worry about ordering ATIP.
Thanks.
Well my application has not been transfered to local office yet, since june 23rd...i see many people having their application transfered within a week (from when it went to in process). My wife application (few months ago) got transferred after one month of processing. I don't think my application is getting delayed (yet). I'll give it another 2 or 4 more weeks and might order my ATIP if there will be no progress at that time.
Although this may be understandable as I have about 25 trips in my last 3 years.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
sparkle said:
I ordered ATIP notes just coz I was getting impatient....I hope it won't cause any harm to the file or slow it down maybe?
Just curious, what information did you find in your ATIP?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Babi22 said:
Thanks.
Well my application has not been transfered to local office yet, since june 23rd...i see many people having their application transfered within a week (from when it went to in process). My wife application (few months ago) got transferred after one month of processing. I don't think my application is getting delayed (yet). I'll give it another 2 or 4 more weeks and might order my ATIP if there will be no progress at that time.
Although this may be understandable as I have about 25 trips in my last 3 years.
Also, remember, e-cas sometimes updates and sometimes not. All you need to do is to patiently wait and hopefully your file would be transferred in few days.

My file transfer line disappeared few weeks ago and never re-appeared.

I am not sure if new applicants are getting file transfer updates on e-cas or not.

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spicysank said:
Add me in as well. (That makes it 4 i guess)
App - April 22
AOR - June 6
IP - :'(

Location - Mississauga, ON

Cheers Spicy
Did you check the online e-cas in the cic website, you will not get any email telling you that your ''on process''.

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone, "easy" question for everyone...

My Citizenship began processing July 22nd, 2015, and I applied from Montreal, Quebec province. Can I move to another province while my Citizenship paperwork processes, based on my Quebec application? Are we locked and ordered to stay in our respective provinces based on where we applied from? I want to leave Quebec because it's become very difficult for me to find replacement employment. I want to move to Ontario, Ottawa, maybe even Edmonton or Calgary at this point....

I hope I'm allowed to leave Quebec and try out another province even though I applied for Citizenship from Quebec...

Thanks for your reading! :)

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I just joined, but I've been reading for a while.

This is my timeline.

Citizenship Timeline:
Application Received => 14-APR-2015
AOR in Email => 4-MAY-2015
eCAS Activated => UNKOWN
Processing Started => 05-Jun-2015
File Transferred => 22-JUN-2015, MONTREAL

We'll see how it goes.

One of the things that bother me is that I paid the fee twice: one last year when my application was returned due to wrong info and once this year after the hike. At that point there wasn't a field for the difference only. Do you guys think I should call? I just put a paper on it kindly asking for a refund.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anthony_nyc said:
Hello everyone, "easy" question for everyone...

My Citizenship began processing July 22nd, 2015, and I applied from Montreal, Quebec province. Can I move to another province while my Citizenship paperwork processes, based on my Quebec application? Are we locked and ordered to stay in our respective provinces based on where we applied from? I want to leave Quebec because it's become very difficult for me to find replacement employment. I want to move to Ontario, Ottawa, maybe even Edmonton or Calgary at this point....

I hope I'm allowed to leave Quebec and try out another province even though I applied for Citizenship from Quebec...

Thanks for your reading! :)
You are allowed to leave Quebec, but you will have to notify the officials about your new address. It can be done by updating the address online using ecas tool.

Your application will then be transferred to your local office and they will initiate the processing where Montreal left off.

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
Hello All, I have applied for citizenship in April 2015. My e-cas status says In process. I just realised that, I wrote a wrong entry date into residency calculator with my citizenship application for Canada. Although, I have about 1099 days without counting this day.

Anyone with this sort of experience? Will appreciate your help. How can I update CIC about the information so that i dont recieve a RQ?

Thanks.

sushmet

Star Member
Mar 20, 2012
1. Just curious to know if someone from Calgary got LOT in ecas? My status is "In Process" since July 07, 2015.

2. There aren't too many guys in the forum who applied in April 2015, has got LOT? Are people really Not updating their status OR really people haven't got LOT?

3. What are chances one get test invite without status going into LOT?