+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2015 citizenship Applicants

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajay9099 said:
Hello All, I have applied for citizenship in April 2015. My e-cas status says In process. I just realised that, I wrote a wrong entry date into residency calculator with my citizenship application for Canada. Although, I have about 1099 days without counting this day.

Anyone with this sort of experience? Will appreciate your help. How can I update CIC about the information so that i dont recieve a RQ?

Thanks.
I have realized the day before my test that I have missed one trip altogether, and while I was thinking about how to cover that up, the clerk already signed the papers. So it may happen they will not notice, and if it is one day difference it is a true human error and not an attempt to deceive. At the same time, it would be the honest way to send them a letter explaining the matter; they would then update the date in the system. Most likely it will not cause and RQ as they have instructions to use RQs as last resort only.

Slovan

Jun 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amine Concordia said:
I'm the only April applicant from Montreal who did get the status '' In Process '' :-[
I am taking the oath 25 August, but I was a special case so that maybe does not count :)

ajay9099

Nov 28, 2011
Thanks Slovan.

Slovan said:
I have realized the day before my test that I have missed one trip altogether, and while I was thinking about how to cover that up, the clerk already signed the papers. So it may happen they will not notice, and if it is one day difference it is a true human error and not an attempt to deceive. At the same time, it would be the honest way to send them a letter explaining the matter; they would then update the date in the system. Most likely it will not cause and RQ as they have instructions to use RQs as last resort only.

CANMAPLE

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Slovan said:
I am taking the oath 25 August, but I was a special case so that maybe does not count :)
Aight - how do I put it nicely? umm let me see, no one cares if you think of yourself as a "special case". I've filed my petition under a "non-special" stream and 'm pretty sure I will get my citizenship around the same time as u would. Drop the attitude bra.

If you don't have anythin meaningful to say, then refrain yourself from postin stuff that doesnt really add value.

kismet23

Star Member
Mar 1, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, some movement on my application. I am now "In Process" ! Checked ECAS yesterday but did not see any change, but this morning , it reflected that I am in process since August 4. Does it mean that sometimes they have a delay in updating ECAS?

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ss_2015 said:
I don't see you in the timeline spreadsheet, so what is you timeline bro? which office?
This is my timeline, office is Montreal.

Application Received => 14-APR-2015
AOR in Email => 4-MAY-2015
eCAS Activated => UNKNOWN
Processing Started => 05-Jun-2015
File Transferred => 22-JUN-2015, MONTREAL
Test Date => 21-AUG-2015

It is actually my wife's timeline. I cannot apply yet.

I should add that my wife has a lot of trips and we thought her case wouldn't be that straightforward. The reason why I cannot apply is because my Canadian employer has sent me on several long (3-4 months) trips abroad. This is not a problem to renew my PR status, but it is for my citizenship, of course. My wife has joined me in some of those trips and we thought that would be an issue, but it seems it wasn't.

alikhan44

Star Member
Feb 1, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Received => 15-APR-2015
AOR in Email => 29-APR-2015
Processing Started => 07-MAY-2015
File Transferred => 04-JUN-2015, HALIFAX
Test Date => 23-JUL-2015
Decision Made => 30-JUL-2015

Does anyone know how long does it take for a letter to be received after the status is changed to Decision Made. There is a separate thread on that but it differs from person to person and from location to location. Anyone from Halifax ?

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
McClane said:
This is my timeline, office is Montreal.

Application Received => 14-APR-2015
AOR in Email => 4-MAY-2015
Processing Started => 05-Jun-2015
File Transferred => 22-JUN-2015, MONTREAL
Test Date => 21-AUG-2015

It is actually my wife's timeline. I cannot apply yet.

I should add that my wife has a lot of trips and we thought her case wouldn't be that straightforward. The reason why I cannot apply is because my Canadian employer has sent me on several long (3-4 months) trips abroad. This is not a problem to renew my PR status, but it is for my citizenship, of course. My wife has joined me in some of those trips and we thought that would be an issue, but it seems it wasn't.
Good stuff.
How many trips yas your wife? I am from Montreal and my app is in process since almost 2 months now, it has not been transferred to local office yet. I have around 25 trips out of county in the past 3 years... I think my application is going in a different way than your wife's app.

Babi22

Apr 23, 2015
Montreal
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
09-2009
LANDED..........
16-02-2010
ss_2015 said:
I don't see you in the timeline spreadsheet, so what is you timeline bro? which office?
If tge ecas shows decision made it usually mean that your app has been approved (if there were no problems with your application and all went well in the interview). This means you are on a waiting list for your oath ceremony. When my wife's status turned to "decision made" it took around 1 to 2 weeks before ahe received her oath invitation. She is from Montreal and she became a citizen just yesterday Aug 5th :)

Amine Concordia

Star Member
May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 30, 2015.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on June 9, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 4, 2015.

;D finally, my status turned to '' In process ''

McClane

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Babi22 said:
Good stuff.
How many trips yas your wife? I am from Montreal and my app is in process since almost 2 months now, it has not been transferred to local office yet. I have around 25 trips out of county in the past 3 years... I think my application is going in a different way than your wife's app.
She has around 2-4 per year. The frequency is not that high, but the length was in some cases.

Maybe the processing time depends on the individual handler? I don't really know how this works. Strange.