+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2013 applications

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Suin said:
Has your sister's file been transferred to the local office yet or it is still sitting at Sidney?

How do you find out about that? Does that usually happen before or after the status changes to "in process" on Ecas?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
MBK2 said:
How do you find out about that? Does that usually happen before or after the status changes to "in process" on Ecas?
You can only find out about about your file transfer when you call the cic. The file transfer always happens after the status changes to "in process" on Ecas.

MBK2

May 2, 2013
Suin said:
You can only find out about about your file transfer when you call the cic. The file transfer always happens after the status changes to "in process" on Ecas.
Its been only 1.5months since her file is "in process"
I'll ask her to call in then.
Is there any estimated time frame for files to be transferred to local office? lets say for example: 5months after "in process"? or 9 months? And after file transfer to local office...processing is faster? Is that an indication that test date is soon?

Thanks

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
MBK2 said:
Its been only 1.5months since her file is "in process"
I'll ask her to call in then.
Is there any estimated time frame for files to be transferred to local office? lets say for example: 5months after "in process"? or 9 months? And after file transfer to local office...processing is faster? Is that an indication that test date is soon?

Thanks
No, there is no estimated time...the time frame could be from two months upto a year or longer. No one can say for sure. As soon as the file reaches the local office, the cic starts running background checks and then the file is placed into the queue for the test... if everything is fine.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Suin said:
This situation can unfirtunately be a reason that can trigger RQ.
I know and that makes me very sad but at least I did not hide it from CIC and I am being honest. On the other hand anyone can get RQ, whether he/she leaves after applying or stays. I know from the forum that there were people like myself who lived abroad and still did not get RQ and got their citizenship.

sheb

Star Member
Jun 24, 2013
Yolka said:
I know and that makes me very sad but at least I did not hide it from CIC and I am being honest. On the other hand anyone can get RQ, whether he/she leaves after applying or stays. I know from the forum that there were people like myself who lived abroad and still did not get RQ and got their citizenship.
Hi Yolka,
Could you please post some links to these people's posts in forums.
Also, I think we should keep positive! As you said I don't think that it's directly linked to your life after application. RQ is more for before application period check.

Anyways I'm talking to an immigration agent friend tomorrow. I will keep you posted if something new.

Good luck to all of us!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
sheb said:
Hi Yolka,
Could you please post some links to these people's posts in forums.
Also, I think we should keep positive! As you said I don't think that it's directly linked to your life after application. RQ is more for before application period check.

Anyways I'm talking to an immigration agent friend tomorrow. I will keep you posted if something new.

Good luck to all of us!
Hi sheb, thank you, I agree. Unfortunately the posts I saw on this forum were threads to other topics but I definitely read them as I was looking for info on applicants living abroad after applying. There is no specific link on that though in this forum (at least I have not seen one). I will definitely post them next time I find them.

There was an applicant saying his friend left after applying and still got his citizenship. There was also a lady who moved to US after applying for citizenship and she also got it with no RQ. She also stated that she got it in less then 24 months.

I am sure there lots of people who were in similar cases but do not post here or do not know of this forum.

Will appreciate your updates! All the best.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Yolka said:
Hi sheb, thank you, I agree. Unfortunately the posts I saw on this forum were threads to other topics but I definitely read them as I was looking for info on applicants living abroad after applying. There is no specific link on that though in this forum (at least I have not seen one). I will definitely post them next time I find them.

There was an applicant saying his friend left after applying and still got his citizenship. There was also a lady who moved to US after applying for citizenship and she also got it with no RQ. She also stated that she got it in less then 24 months.

I am sure there lots of people who were in similar cases but do not post here or do not know of this forum.

Will appreciate your updates! All the best.
sheb see this: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/granted-canadian-citizenshipdespite-leaving-canada-after-applying-t141790.0.html;msg2204106#msg2204106

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
hey sheb, here, one more: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/leaving-canada-after-applying-for-citizenship-t104975.0.html;msg1491069#msg1491069

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
I got a letter with my citizenship test information today! It is in 2 weeks. I need to hit the books asap!

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:
I got a letter with my citizenship test information today! It is in 2 weeks. I need to hit the books asap!
wow man congratulations. Good luck.

Do you mind telling us whats your local office where the test is scheduled?

And when was the letter that was sent dated?

I see that your processing started on July 16. So roughly 4 months after in process one should have test date if you are a normal candidate.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Thanks. The test is scheduled in Mississauga. I don't have the letter in from of me so I'm not sure when it is dated.

I'm not sure how "normal" a candidate I am because I have a lot of trips outside Canada over the last few years due to my work and visiting my family in the US. I'm still a bit concerned I'm going to get an RQ...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
keesio said:
Thanks. The test is scheduled in Mississauga. I don't have the letter in from of me so I'm not sure when it is dated.

I'm not sure how "normal" a candidate I am because I have a lot of trips outside Canada over the last few years due to my work and visiting my family in the US. I'm still a bit concerned I'm going to get an RQ...
Thank you for sharing good news! Do you mind to share your full timeline? Have you received it by email or regular mail?

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keesio said:

wow man thats quick. Do you live in Mississauga?

Well if you managed to escape the RQ from Sydney, then I guess you are good bro. because you will have more face to face opportunity to present your case and justify the travel. So having solid reasons and solid evidence will more likely prevent the issuance of RQ.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
My TImeline:

---

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 29, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 29, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on July 16, 2013.

---

I received the letter by regular mail. I don't have the letter in front of me so I don't know when the letter is dated. I'll check when I get home and post it here.

I live in downtown Toronto (near the CN tower and Rogers Centre)