Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

dev236

Jun 24, 2011
Applied online for multiple re-entry visa - 11/10/2013
Received notification for sending passport - 28/10/2013
Passport sent - 19/11/2013
Passport received by CPP-Ottawa - 21/11/2013

Still waiting to get it back.

I am travelling the 15th of December, and I am slowly starting to panic. I keep checking the Expresspost tracking number for the return envelope everyday, but so far nothing. :(

I emailed them, but the CPP workers are evil, and rarely give a proper reply. I desperately want my passport back ASAP. :(

sun_shine

Dec 2, 2013
I have similar timeline, help!!

CPP-O received passport: Nov. 20th
Called, person taking the call emailed CPP-O regarding my situation: Nov. 27
Envelope Activated: still waiting

I need my passport for Dec. 5th ($1000 non-refundable payments made), and Dec. 20th (international travel plan, everything booked)
Should I email them by myself again? Or should I just wait?

yashp90

Nov 23, 2013
Hi everyone,

I had applied for my TRV on September 6. I still haven't received a passport request yet. I have my flight on December 17.

I just wanted to ask that when I get a passport request, instead of mailing them my passport, can I personally go to the LA Consulate and get it stamped?

Ameenah

Dec 5, 2013
Hi friends,
I am holding Pakistan PP with extensive travel history living in jeddah
We applied online for TRV on November 10th 2013
Got pp request on 29 nov 2013.
Submitted pp in jeddah on 1 dec 2013
Got our PP back on 5th dec 2013.
Hope it ll be helpful for ppl who are worried about processing time.

Rahulhere

Dec 20, 2013
I applied online for the visitor visa with multiple entry on 11/26/2013. Got the passport request message in my CIC account on 12/09/2013. I sent my passport with the copy of the request, a prepaid return envelope (priority mail) and a cover letter to the consulate on 12/10/2013 by priority mail. They received it on 12/12/13. They sent the passport back to me in the priority mail on 12/17/2013 and I received it on 12/19/2013. If you upload all the documents they ask, I think it will be a piece of cake to get the visitor visa stamped on your passport and get it back in time. Good luck.

;)

will2day

Nov 13, 2013
Re: Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Returned on time

Hi Everyone,

This forum provided great Information and with out any problem I have got the Canada Visitor Visa:

11/22/2013 - Applied for TRV Canada(Online). I live in Bay Area (CA) and I filled online application.
12/09/2013 - Received email from CIC to submit passport.
12/16/2013 - Los Angeles Canada Embassy received passport ( this 1 week delay is because of USPS and not sure why)
12/20/2013 - USPS received passport back
12/21/2013 - Received passport with Stamping

Thanks!

anyta66

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

I am in the process of waiting for my TRV as well, was wondering when you got your passport back, hope you were able to travel through the holidays!

anyta66

Dec 19, 2012
yashp90 said:
Was that for me? Yes I got my visa on 13th Dec!
Yes thanks for your reply, what address did you send your passport to? is there any special indications in the letter or they just send the letter advising that they need your passport?

Thanks!

yashp90

Nov 23, 2013
anyta66 said:
Yes thanks for your reply, what address did you send your passport to? is there any special indications in the letter or they just send the letter advising that they need your passport?

Thanks!
They will just ask you for your passport and direct you to a link which specifies the addresses and instructions. I sent it to LA since im at san jose. You could send it to NY if you are somewhere close to NY. On my visa it says NY Consulate though. Maybe it got processed at NY.

anyta66

Dec 19, 2012
yashp90 said:
They will just ask you for your passport and direct you to a link which specifies the addresses and instructions. I sent it to LA since im at san jose. You could send it to NY if you are somewhere close to NY. On my visa it says NY Consulate though. Maybe it got processed at NY.
Ok, then I guess in my case that would be CPP-Ottawa, thanks!

Proview

Jan 14, 2014
I am an international student from Chile in the United States on F1 Visa. I requested a visa to visit Canada and my timeline is as follows:

Dec 10: completed online application
Jan 06: passport request
Jan 06: mailed my passport express mail (overnight) to Los Angeles consular office (NY was closed).
Jan 10: received my passport with Canada single-entry visa valid for six months.

I have to say that there were parts of my application that were not entirely solid (particularly the employment history since I could only account for the past 5 years). What I think made a huge difference was the fact that I had a letter from my employer/academic department saying that I had a job and school to come back to in March, and they were allowing me to take the time off to visit Canada.

Hope everyone gets their visa soon. Just wanted to share my experience in case any F1 students in the USA are thinking of applying for a visa to visit Canada.

PizaVisa

Jan 8, 2014
Did anybody receive back PPs from NY consulate in last couple of weeks (after receiving the Passport request)?
If yes/no, kindly share the timelines.

Dilluu

Jan 24, 2014
Hi ALL,

Applied for Canada Visitor Visa Online on 15th Jan 2013 and got the passport request on 23rd Jan 2014.
If I send passport on 27th Jan, they will receive it on 28th Jan. How long it may take to get the passport back>???