26-02-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-04-2014
LANDED..........
17-04-2014
Hi

I applied on the 1st November 2013. I got my passport request today (29th January 2014). I have sent my passport today. Hoping it comes back asap...

soma559

Jan 29, 2014
Hi All,

Here's my timeline:

Applied online on Jan 20th 2014
Received passport request on Jan 23th 2014 (Was very surprised at how quick they made a decision :eek:)
Sent pp to LA office and they received it on Jan 27th
Waiting for my pp now.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
hi! I applied yesterday, jan 30th 2014 for whole family including my in-laws. got PP request today. I got confused as it is only 24hrs since the submission of application.

I got following msg in my cic account. does that mean my visa is approved? they didn't mention that it is approved.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application,

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
welcomesk said:
hi! I applied yesterday, jan 30th 2014 for whole family including my in-laws. got PP request today. I got confused as it is only 24hrs since the submission of application.

I got following msg in my cic account. does that mean my visa is approved? they didn't mention that it is approved.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application,

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada
Jan. 30th is today. That is very strange. I applied on Dec. 19 and got a letter stating the same things a couple of days ago.

welcomesk

Jan 30, 2014
sorry it is jan 29th, I applied yesterday early in the morning. I visited Canada once 3 yrs back. may be that helped.

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
welcomesk said:
sorry it is jan 29th, I applied yesterday early in the morning. I visited Canada once 3 yrs back. may be that helped.
That sounds like it. The country of citizenship helps as well.

grad_student

Dec 10, 2013
Can someone kindly post the time it takes for the Canadian Consulate in New York City to stamp visa in the passports? I got the passport request couple of days ago, and mailed it earlier today. Below is my timeline.

Applied online for TRV from US: Dec. 19, 2013
Passport Request: Jan. 28, 2014
Passport Sent to New York Consulate: Jan. 30, 2014

Manu8888

Jan 20, 2014
anyone got their status changed to closed in 5 days after delivery of passport? MY PP delivered on 25 jan to LA consulate and still nothing. I dont even know if they actually received my PP other than the USPS tracking says its delivered.

wolverine13

Nov 20, 2013
Manu8888 said:
anyone got their status changed to closed in 5 days after delivery of passport? MY PP delivered on 25 jan to LA consulate and still nothing. I dont even know if they actually received my PP other than the USPS tracking says its delivered.
25th was a Saturday - and the office was closed. Are you sure yours was delivered on the 25th?

tomaow

Jan 31, 2014
Applied online for Visitor visa from US: Jan 21, 2014.
Passport Request: Jan 23, 2014.
Passport Sent to LA Consulate: Jan. 24, 2014
LA Consulate recd passport on : 9AM on Jan. 27, 2014 (from USPS delivery confirmation)

No status changed so far. Almost 5 business days over and no return tracking information in USPS site.

mark8n

Jan 31, 2014
tomaow said:
Applied online for Visitor visa from US: Jan 21, 2014.
Passport Request: Jan 23, 2014.
Passport Sent to LA Consulate: Jan. 24, 2014
LA Consulate recd passport on : 9AM on Jan. 27, 2014 (from USPS delivery confirmation)

No status changed so far. Almost 5 business days over and no return tracking information in USPS site.
You could try to call them if you still do not have any tracking information.