+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
will2day said:
Hi ,

I am applying Canada Visitor visa online, Can you please help me on couple of things:

1.every section is allowing to upload just one document and where should i upload mt W2? and Tax returns?
2. Is travel Itinerary is a mandatory document to upload? do i need to book tickets in advance?

Thanks!
1.you can combine multiple files into one pdf(adobe acrobat has that feature) if you are not sure/ have more documents, you can use the supplemental document upload. each type of document has an instruction if you click question mark beside it.

2.i suppose so. i've read posts about requesting additional documents that are itineraries.

will2day

Nov 13, 2013
Hi There,

Also I have 1 more Question on applying visitor visa on line! Please help, I do not have Itinerary and do i need to buy tickets? any thing that I can explain them that I may travel to Canada! Please suggest!

Itinerary, Travel --You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)

Thanks!

mandy_s

Nov 19, 2013
Hi Cynthia,
Have you received you passport back? I am in the same situation where my passport reached NY embassy on Nov 8th and still no reply.

uzafar88

Star Member
Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
AOR Received.
April 2013
File Transfer...
August 2013
will2day said:
Hi There,

Also I have 1 more Question on applying visitor visa on line! Please help, I do not have Itinerary and do i need to buy tickets? any thing that I can explain them that I may travel to Canada! Please suggest!

Itinerary, Travel --You must provide a copy of your flight ticket or booking, if available, and/or the itinerary of your visit (proposed route of your journey.)

Thanks!
You can go to a travel agency and ask them to book you a return ticket and pay later.

5Am1r

Nov 19, 2013
uzafar88 said:
You can go to a travel agency and ask them to book you a return ticket and pay later.
You can try booking tickets with AA. It allows you to create a itenary without actually giving any payment information.

5Am1r

Nov 19, 2013
Any one here with similar dates for visitor visa plz chime in with return times. Thanks in advance!

Passport arrived at NY Consulate: Nov-14-2013
Original Passport Request Nov-13-2013 02:53:22 PM EST
Submission Confirmation Oct-21-2013 12:51:09 PM EDT

will2day

Nov 13, 2013
I Have couple of more questions on Canada Travel Visa! Please help!

1. Purpose of travel - Other - It says You must provide documents supporting the purpose of your travel to Canada. Examples include: proof of educational study, wedding invitations, proof of a medical appointment, notification of death, funeral notice, etc -- However, I am in US on H1B and I am just going for H1b stamping-- What document should i provide? I-797 is enough? Please Suggest.

2. Proof of Means of Financial Support -- Shall I upload same documents that I uploaded for Proof of Income section? My Pay Stubs and Bank Statements?

slideaway

Oct 22, 2013
will2day said:
Hi There,

Thanks!
I bought a fully refundable ticket out of Canada and used that.

archaeoamy

Nov 19, 2013
Does everyone who is approved for a temporary resident visa (visitor) have to have their passport stamped? I received my visa in the mail, but no instructions on sending in my passport (it was stamped when I originally entered canada but not since I had my visitor visa extended...). They also made an obvious mistake on my name, printing it in my maiden name rather than married name, so I'm wondering what else they made mistakes with...

wolverine13

Nov 20, 2013
Hi, I applied online for a multiple entry Candian tourist visa on November 17th for me and my wife. We both are Indian passport holders currently on a H1-B and H4 visa in the US.

I was under the impression that the processing takes 35 days in New York, and 32 days in LA. After reading more in the forum, I found that the process can take much longer. Although this should not affect my trip to Canada, I do have an international travel trip planned in early January. Considering I will need my passport back before 5th January, I had the following questions.

1. How long is the total processing time?
2. Can I send my application to LA instead of NY (I live in Boston)?
3. If they send me a request to send passport after checking my online application, can I wait till after I return from my international trip in January and then send them my passport?
4. If I withdraw my application at this time, and reapply later, will I lose my visa application fee?

Thanks in advance for your help!

ruyuki

Sep 22, 2013
Concerning the flight information. If your method of travel is not by flight and you are planning to drive there, then would it be necessary the you still book a ticket? For me I submitted a letter saying that I am planning to arrive in Canada between the 10th ~ 12th of December and a list of places that I am planning to visit with the person that invited me for that section. Would this be sufficient information?

robertwangbo

Nov 26, 2013
When can I choose a visa office to send my passport to them? Will CIC indicate it in the email of requesting passport?

I submitted my tourist visa online on Nov. 18. I know that visa office in either LA or NY takes a long time to process visa applications. So choosing a visa office of these two depends on me?

strikereureka

Nov 22, 2013
I have a trip planned to Canada from 19th Dec - 21 Dec for a medical reason. I submitted my online application on 20th Nov. i mailed the CPO office in Ottawa mentioning the specific medical reason. They got back to me today saying :

"Our office confirms that your application is currently in process as per regulatory procedures. Please note that we cannot confirm when your file will be ready for finalization.
Please visit your MyCIC account for instructions that will be sent to you when it will be time to send your passport for the issuance of your visa. "

Any idea how to interpret this message? I have my flights booked on 19th Dec :(