+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

Sidh76

Oct 17, 2013
08/22/2013 - Applied for TRV Canada(Online). I live in Philadelphia (USA) and I did online application.
09/10/2013 - Received email update to submit passport.
09/26/2013 - Submitted passports through USPS to NYC Office
09/27/2013 - Consulate General of Canada in NYC (1251 Avenue of the Americas address) received passport (I had tracking of this envelope available)

10/17/2013 - Havent received passport yet. (over two weeks have passed).

I dont have the tracking number of return envelope. What are my options?

Please help!!! Thanks.

Did anybody try calling any number or is there any email address that we can use to contact them. I called twice on one of their numbers 212-596-1628 but it always just asks you to leave a message with your phone number. I did that twice already.

Regs29

Oct 18, 2013
Hello everyone,
So I sent my passport to Hong Kong visa office through DHL here in Macau along with the passport request letter and self addressed mailing label only ( i did not send any prepaid envelope bacause it is not indicated in my email),and got my approval letter through mycic account last september 25,2013
But it has been 3 weeks, I still haven't received it. I am wondering how long it usually takes? And is there anyway that I can follow up what happened to my passport?Will they notify me again in my cic account if they delivered my passport or I just need to wait? I already have my flight details this coming November 5,2013 please somebody can help me regarding my concern?
Thanks in advance!

Sidh76

Oct 17, 2013
08/22/2013 - Applied for TRV Canada(Online). I live in Philadelphia (USA) and I did online application.
09/10/2013 - Received email update to submit passport.
09/26/2013 - Submitted passports through USPS to NYC Office
09/27/2013 - Consulate General of Canada in NYC (1251 Avenue of the Americas address) received passport (I had tracking of this envelope available)

10/21/2013 - Passport received. (took over three weeks).

Visa is stamped from Ottawa. I guess that's why it took so long.

dooruk

Oct 24, 2013
Hello everyone,

CIC received my passport on October 10th and I have a flight on saturday afternoon.

I received an e-mail from them

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your passport is still in our office and in queue to be returned shortly. Further updates are not available at this time.

Regards,

Immigration Section
Consulate General of Canada
New York, NY

So do you think they will send it today or tomorrow? What do you think?

spi6281

Oct 25, 2013
09/25/2013- Submitted online application for TRV
10/16/2013- Request for passport recieved
10/18/2013- Passport delivered to NY embassy
10/25/2013- Got the passports back

Funny part the Expressmail tracker has not been activated yet. But it took a month exactly. All the best to the rest of the folks.

slideaway

Oct 22, 2013
;D 10 Year Multi Entry!! ;D

10/10/2013 - Applied online.
10/17/2013 - Message to submit passport.
10/17/2013 - Sent passport to Mex City (forgot the 'EAPP' in the address line).
10/18/2013 - They received passport.
10/25/2013 - They sent passport back
10/28/2013 - Received passport with 10 year multi entry visa

cynthia0109

Nov 5, 2013
I am kinda super worried about my pp right now..

the NY Consulate received my pp on Nov.1, while i don't have the return mail tracking number, and, i also forgot to put EAPP in the first line...

I have a flight on Nov.21 and the date can not be changed.... it's suppppeeeerrrr important to me. I dont care about the visa and what I need is only my pp back..

I know it's only 5 days since they received my pp, does any of you have ideas about going to NY Consulate in person and get it back if I don't received it in 10 days...

Thank you guys,

I am so worrried ....

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
Hi cynthia, i applied roughly the same date as yours but have not heard anything from them since then!!!! I'm crying .... I guess you should write an email to them and also there's form to request urgent processing on the website if you want to use..

Could you please keep updates here? I'm gonna updated my info once I got request for submitting passport... it's probably i might not be able to travel to canada during christmas..

cynthia0109 said:
I am kinda super worried about my pp right now..

the NY Consulate received my pp on Nov.1, while i don't have the return mail tracking number, and, i also forgot to put EAPP in the first line...

I have a flight on Nov.21 and the date can not be changed.... it's suppppeeeerrrr important to me. I dont care about the visa and what I need is only my pp back..

I know it's only 5 days since they received my pp, does any of you have ideas about going to NY Consulate in person and get it back if I don't received it in 10 days...

Thank you guys,

I am so worrried ....

cynthia0109

Nov 5, 2013
zgzjhzxhq said:
Hi cynthia, i applied roughly the same date as yours but have not heard anything from them since then!!!! I'm crying .... I guess you should write an email to them and also there's form to request urgent processing on the website if you want to use..

Could you please keep updates here? I'm gonna updated my info once I got request for submitting passport... it's probably i might not be able to travel to canada during christmas..
Hi,

emailed them several times, no reply

it has been 11 days,... still dont have any idea about the whereabouts of my pp

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
cynthia0109 said:
Hi,

emailed them several times, no reply

it has been 11 days,... still dont have any idea about the whereabouts of my pp
It seems LA is faster than NY... why didn't you mail to LA instead of NY>> as far as i know there's no specified consulate you should mail your pp to.

cynthia0109

Nov 5, 2013
zgzjhzxhq said:
It seems LA is faster than NY... why didn't you mail to LA instead of NY>> as far as i know there's no specified consulate you should mail your pp to.
i was so simple and naive to believe NY consulate would process it really quick before i realized it didnt.......

zgzjhzxhq

Nov 9, 2013
azarme09 said:
September 9th 2013 - Applied
November 12th 2013 - Passport with visa received
Hi azarme09, could you please provide more detailed information>? e.g. when did you receive the letter of request? did you mail your passport to LA or NY?

Thank you very much!

will2day

Nov 13, 2013
Hi ,

I am applying Canada Visitor visa online, Can you please help me on couple of things:

1.every section is allowing to upload just one document and where should i upload mt W2? and Tax returns?
2. Is travel Itinerary is a mandatory document to upload? do i need to book tickets in advance?

Thanks!