+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

phxindian

May 1, 2014
Sharing my online visa experience and timeline.

Background:
Indian living in the US. EAD/AP Holder. Had one approved (now expired) single entry Canada TRV visa from 2011 (used for H1B stamping). Applied for three year multiple entry TRV visa.

Timeline:

April 1 - Online Application Submitted
April 14 - Original Passport Request
April 16 - Sent Requested Documents [1. Passport, 2. Copy of Passport Request Letter, 3. Personal Info (name, address, email, telephone number) 4. VAC Consent Form and 5. Return Envelope and Airway Bill] to VAC Center in El Segundo at the address below:

Visa Application Center - LA
2100 E Grand Avenue
EL SEGUNDO, CA
US
646 741-0130

April 16 - Sent VAC fee $34.10 to the CSC Payment Center at the following address:

Payments for Visa Application Centre in Los Angeles:
CSC Consular Services Inc
P.O. Box 410039
Salt Lake City, Utah 84141-0039

April 21 - Package reached VAC Center
April 26 - Received email from CIC that application was approved
April 28 - Passport left VAC Center
April 30 - Passport delivered at my house

Note that CSC is an outsourced agency and you can call them or email them in case of any delays. Given that CSC operates separate from the
Consulate, they are quite efficient and responsive. That is why they charge a fee vs. the NY consulate does it for free I believe.

Good luck to all.

acshankar

May 12, 2014
Anyone here who had their application approved and closed on or around April 29th?

My passport reached NY on 24th and was approved and closed on 29th. I still haven't received mine. I hadn't sent a return envelope so mine will be first class. I just wanted to get an idea on when/if they mailed the passports for applications closed around the 29th.

Thank you!

nj786

May 14, 2014
How long does it take once passport is received by the canadian embassy (NY). I overnight mailed my passport and they got it yesterday 12pm. I have to fly out next tuesday may May 20th. Will I get it by then? anyone here got the passport back within 1 week? thanks

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is possible.
Check your account whether your application is approved and closed.
Did you include a self addressed USPS Express service envelope?
You will receive your passport after few days.

Apr 25, 2014
Hi

below is my timeline

March 27th - Submitted online form
April 11th - passport requested
April 16th - passport sent
April 18th - NY office recd it but it was lying in the sorting office - Good friday holiday
April 21st - NY consulate receives it
April 29th - we receive passports

Note: I checked for tracking on April 28th but it was not activated.

nj786

May 14, 2014
Just checked and my status says approved and closed :)
Yes, I did send an USPS express envelope also, hoping to get it back in a day or 2.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Hi I applied for TRV recently pending spousal sponsorship application and tracking VFS Canada Application Centre today shows status as below:
Your Decision has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office, Singapore to the Canada Visa Application Centre DHAKA
My question is what does it mean? Is it kind of negative decision? I think package will arrive from Singapore VO next week. Any idea?

caomincan

May 16, 2014
Timeline

Submitted Application May 6th
Request PP May 14th
Express PP to NY May 14th
Application Closed May 15th
Received PP May 17th

snbi

May 24, 2014
I received passport request on May 20, 2014.
Passport received by Newyork Consulate May 21 2014, 11:30 AM.

My CIC approved and closed May 21, 5:00 PM

I haven't received my passport yet. I have booked my flight for June 3rd and going through real stress.My USPS tracking number is not activated.

PLease share your experience

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hi guys..

According to my VFS global tracker :: my PROCESSEd application has been forwarded to ABU DHABi on 12-05-2014

I have been checking my cic account everyday . It still says app status open and final decision not yet started.

I applied online on 15 April
Biometrics 12 may

bymp

May 27, 2014
Hi guys,

i have applied visitor visa from NY (online application) on APR 10th and haven't heard anything till date. I had two status updates on 23 and 24th of April which I see no update actually in my cic account.

Last week, I emailed new york office for inquiry and they replied me that my application is open and in queue and they asked if I want to withdraw? (!!)

I have a J1 visa in United States and I will travel canada for an academic conference on 22th of June. I also submitted an invitation letter from the conference organizer. The thing is some of my friends already got their visa.

I actually got a very quick Canada visa in 2011 from NY office. i don't understand why it takes that long now? Should i worry? Any thoughts?

rise001

Star Member
May 23, 2014
bymp said:
Hi guys,

i have applied visitor visa from NY (online application) on APR 10th and haven't heard anything till date. I had two status updates on 23 and 24th of April which I see no update actually in my cic account.

Last week, I emailed new york office for inquiry and they replied me that my application is open and in queue and they asked if I want to withdraw? (!!)

I have a J1 visa in United States and I will travel canada for an academic conference on 22th of June. I also submitted an invitation letter from the conference organizer. The thing is some of my friends already got their visa.

I actually got a very quick Canada visa in 2011 from NY office. i don't understand why it takes that long now? Should i worry? Any thoughts?
I understand it has been a long wait.. but your app is still open. so u should hopefully get a positive reponse soon.. there are still some april applicants still waiting.. so your not alone :)

study_2014

May 29, 2014
My passport and CIC request was received at the VAC in El Segundo on Tuesday. They didn't contact me or give me any tracking ID until I called their call centre 2 days later.
They said my application package is incomplete. After 5 times of calling the call centre (which is not even in the US), the agent says that VAC did not accept my prepaid Fedex airway bill for returning the application because it was HANDWRITTEN, and they WILL NOT SEND MY PASSPORT TO THE CONSULATE UNTIL I PROVIDE A NEW RETURN AIRWAY BILL.
It seems neither CIC nor VAC care about providing service in a timely or humanly manner.

Does anyone know how I can contact a VAC in El Segundo or anywhere in the US?

Thanks!

aman gill

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 6 2013
AOR Received.