+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

srr

Oct 17, 2008
Hi there! I applied online visitor visa for my parents in philippines here's my timeline:

April 16, 2014 - apply online and got email confirmation
Holy week april 17 - 20
April 21, 2014 - already got passport request...

Thank you Lord!!

abhikothari

Apr 22, 2014
Hey folks

Need some advice on if I will get my passport by May 6. My timeline:
Apr 2 - Submitted online application
Apr 16- request for passport
Apr 21 - Passport reached NYC Consulate

Big question is will I get it back on time ?

Thanks in advance for your input,

Cheers
Abhi

g2sai

Apr 11, 2014
bonitaellada said:
Thank you g2sai
When did you send your passport to NY consulate?

So here is my complete timeline

Online Application March 31st.
Request for passport April 11th.
NYC consulate received April 16th.
Received stamped passports April 22nd.

Good luck!

HF

Apr 23, 2014
ouihel01 said:
They cant guess you need your passport for a specific date unless you let them know. They dont have a crystal ball ;)...remember that.
Hi ouihel01,

I have e-mailed question@cic.gc.ca asking about the possibility of urgent processing for my daughter's visa but it seems that they won't answer. Where do you suggest to send this information?

Thanks,

Apr 25, 2014
Submitted online - March 27th
Request for passport - April 11th
Submitted Passport - April 17th
NY recd Passport - April 21st

still waiting for Passport to be dispatched from NY.How long should it take before i start worrying ?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
MagnificentMagician said:
Submitted online - March 27th
Request for passport - April 11th
Submitted Passport - April 17th
NY recd Passport - April 21st

still waiting for Passport to be dispatched from NY.How long should it take before i start worrying ?
Is your application closed and approved? My passport reached NY Consulate on Apr 21st too, and my application was approved on 23rd, but USPS return tracking still not activated.

asg00

Apr 26, 2014
Online app submitted: 31 March, 2014
got a few email updates Until 14 April, indicating "there has been updates, check in myCIC", but NO update seen.
The last update "you have a new message.."), passport requested: 15 April 2014
Sent passport on the same day(14 Apr) to NY consulate (1251....zip code:10200), using usps priority mail (from FL to NY)
passport delivered: April, 21st (because of mistake by DEAR USPS, the item stacked in Bethpage, NY postoffice for 6 days)
myCIC update on April, 25th: "status approved, closed" 10:16 am
USPS express mail activated on April, 25th: proceeded thru facility 5:27pm
passport delievered on April 26th, 10:16am.
Hope you all get yours soon.

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
MagnificentMagician said:
@ wicaact

It is approved and closed !

Tracking not found ! So i guess they haven't shipped the passports yet.
Any updates? Mine is still not activated

HF

Apr 23, 2014
ouihel01 said:
Hi there, may i suggest , if you need it because of X reason, why dont u just right a letter explaining why u need it for a certain date and with proof of your statement. :D
Where should the letter be sent to?

CIC seems not want the visitors to come to Canada (bringing money, creating employments...)! :( If you are applying online and have some doubt about the process or need an urgent porcessing they do not give any way for contacting them to expose your situation! I am really disappointed with the way CIC treats pleople who want to visit the country.

HF

Apr 23, 2014
Visacurious said:
Canadian visa process is most hostile of all I have seen so far (reference, US, UK, Australia, Italy, Mexico, Singapore visa processes... yes, I have been around).

How can they keep passports for undefined amount of time without giving any clue of what next or whom to communicate for anything? This is like throwing your passport in a blackhole and hoping that everything will turn out fine.

Don't they realize that people are sending one of the MOST important document they possess and would highly appreciate a considerate style of handling.

The way they treat the possible visitors to the country seems to be designed to make you give up the idea of going there. Simple questions and/or small doubts became problems since there is no one to ask for assistance and/or no where to ask for help. Really a pity!