+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved Online Visitor Visa: Passport Return Times

graysw

Mar 31, 2014
i mailed my passport last week to the LA consulate and they return it with a letter saying they no longer accept passport for online application and want me to send to a VAC centre, is the NYC consulate still accepting passports?

thank

anks101 said:
They received my passport on a Tuesday and it was in mail on Wednesday. Pretty quick for me.

graysw

Mar 31, 2014
i called the VAC center and the lady told me i have to mail a money order for a fee to and Utah address and send in a consent form together with the passport when mailing it to the VAC

rag_goud said:
here are my processing times for the LA Consulate.

24th Feb : Online application submitted.
24th Feb: Received submission confirmation
14th Mar: received PP Request
15th Mar: Sent passport in USPS Express Mail(included return express mail envelop) to
EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
17th Mar: Passport delivered (from usps tracking status)
19th Mar: Passport sent back without stamping in the return envelop I have provided. They have attached a letter informing me that they no longer process
visa stamping at their center and that I send it to VAC center and provided me the link

20th Mar: I have sent my passport again in USPS express mail (including express return envelop) to the address I found on that link which is
Visa Application Centre – Los Angeles
2100 E. Grand Avenue
El Segundo
CA, 90245
U.S.A.
21st Mar(12 NOON): USPS status is updated as "Available for pickup".

Can anyone please let me know if this USPS status is normal for this center. Do they go and pick up the mails?. I didn't check the signature required box while sending it. Should I be worried.

Also can anyone please confirm if the address that I have sent for the second time is correct?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

Arify4

Apr 3, 2014
I'm in the same situation. I mailed my passport yesterday to El Segundo, asking for a signature. Now, the status says "available for pickup."

Arify4

Apr 3, 2014
Can you please let me know what happened to your passport? Did they get it?

rag_goud said:
here are my processing times for the LA Consulate.

24th Feb : Online application submitted.
24th Feb: Received submission confirmation
14th Mar: received PP Request
15th Mar: Sent passport in USPS Express Mail(included return express mail envelop) to
EAPP
Consulate General of Canada
Immigration Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
17th Mar: Passport delivered (from usps tracking status)
19th Mar: Passport sent back without stamping in the return envelop I have provided. They have attached a letter informing me that they no longer process
visa stamping at their center and that I send it to VAC center and provided me the link

20th Mar: I have sent my passport again in USPS express mail (including express return envelop) to the address I found on that link which is
Visa Application Centre – Los Angeles
2100 E. Grand Avenue
El Segundo
CA, 90245
U.S.A.
21st Mar(12 NOON): USPS status is updated as "Available for pickup".

Can anyone please let me know if this USPS status is normal for this center. Do they go and pick up the mails?. I didn't check the signature required box while sending it. Should I be worried.

Also can anyone please confirm if the address that I have sent for the second time is correct?

Thanks a lot in Advance!

Anpas

Apr 2, 2014
Status in MyCIC says approved and case closed. Does this mean that they have mailed my passport? I did not send a return envelop. :(
Would appreciate any advise/help

g2sai

Apr 11, 2014
Hello I applied for TRV and got request for PP, just wondering because there seems to be some confusion.

Is the NY consulate taking passports? I live in the East Coast and seems more convenient.

Also what's the deal with the VAC in LA? Seems like there is an additional fee to process your passport?
Can somebody please clarify this to me.

Thanks!

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
G2sai
You can send your passport to NY consulate for stamping.
Yes LA VAC charges for its services in addition to the USPS express charges.
Can you please share your timeline

g2sai

Apr 11, 2014
bonitaellada said:
G2sai
You can send your passport to NY consulate for stamping.
Yes LA VAC charges for its services in addition to the USPS express charges.
Can you please share your timeline
Thanks for the info!

Applied March 31st
Received request for PP April 11th.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I'm applying online. How to provide one file for one category. I have ten pics,should I form a WinZip folder? I mean do they accept it?

rbm83

Apr 14, 2014
GiveMeMyVisa said:
Mine is approved and closed today. Hope i will get my passport quick...Thanks for your reply anks101
Can you please update your situation? Did you get your passport? Your USPS status has been updated??

NYC office received my passport on April 9th and closed/approved on April 11th, but the USPS return envelope is not activated yet :(

Thanks,

g2sai

Apr 11, 2014
Just so you know, related to sending your passports. If you paid for USPS express and it didn't arrive at the schedule delivery, you are entitled to get your 20 dollars back. I just did, my PP were supposed to arrive to the NYC consulate on the 14th, but instead arrived today.

Kathy1204

Apr 17, 2014
My passport delivered VAC in LA on April 10.
My application status of MyCIC closed on April 15. Is it means they are processing my passport with stamp?
But I still didn't get any tracking no. information. :(

Does anyone can give me some suggestion?

@Anpas, Did you get your passport back with stamp? If does, how long does it takes for you received your passport back from your application status closed?

prohe

Apr 18, 2014
rbm83 said:
Can you please update your situation? Did you get your passport? Your USPS status has been updated??

NYC office received my passport on April 9th and closed/approved on April 11th, but the USPS return envelope is not activated yet :(

Thanks,
Hi, My passport was received at the NYC office on April 9, closed/approved on April 11, but still no info on the USPS envelope tracking. Can you please share if there has been any info on your case? Thanks !