Med's Done....
October 23, 2014
Passport Req..
January 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
January 21, 2015
LANDED..........
February 2, 2015
Today I got the passport back from VAC office...........

Fengrui

Jun 12, 2014
rise001 said:
I had submitted my passport almost a week back and just today the case was update and closed(approved) on my CIC. does this mean my passport was just received or the stamping is completed and I should get my passport today or tomo?
hi, have u gotten ur pp yet?

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
I have applied online at Abu dhabi. Since applying two months back, I have recieved two emails to check my mycic account but when i do, there r no updates...is this normal? I have emailed Abu dhabi visa office but haven't recieved a reply from them either

Is this normal?

wolfcry

May 29, 2014
Two separate applications filed online from US west coast, though they were apparently processed all together.

5/29 Applied online with a letter to request expedited service as cruise date is really close
5/29-6/7 A few updates (emails) though nothing really changed in account status
6/7 Passports request
6/11 Passports arrived at NY consulate with a letter to request expedited service and a prepaid express envelop
6/13 Got emails, online status showed cases approved and closed
6/14 Passports delivered to home

Canada visa service is a black box as you cannot inquire and predict the timeline. However, people behind the service seem to be reasonable and understanding when you have an urgency. Also, we don't have old expired passports or the marriage certifiable with us but we wrote a letter to explain. Apparently, they don't strictly stick to the application queue for processing either.

There's no need to use VAC in LA unless you want to drop off your passport in person.

manuk

Jun 11, 2014
Online Visitor Visa: VAC sucks:-- should be avoided

Online Application date 5/22/2014
Passport requested 6/3/2014
Passport delivered to VAC LA 6/4/2014
VAC Fee receipt emails 6/10/2014
MO for VAC fee delivered to VAC Salt Lake City 6/12/2014

No update since then, I called VAC and Emailed but nothing moving forward :(

DipT

Jun 5, 2014
Waiting for my Passport Return... :-[

5/28 : Application Submitted Online.
5/29 : Received message for confirmation on application received.
6/04 : Received another message for Passport request.
6/06 : Passport sent to NY consulate via Fedex overnight shipping.
6/09 : Passport received by NY consulate.
6/10 : Got an email for updates. Online status: Approved, Case Closed.
Awaiting for my passport now. Don't know what's taking so long for them to return my Passport.
I even sent prepaid Fedex return envelope for overnight delivery.

I have to plan my travel in last week of June and airline prices are really shooting up...Really frustrated.. :mad:

Is there anyone else for whom it took that long just to return the passport. Are they only accepting USPS Express Mail envelope??

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
I had my TRV approved, and my passport was received by CPC-Ottawa on June 9...but the return tracking number has still not been activated yet. Anyone else in the same boat? I have a flight to catch in 10 days, and am getting worried.

Crackberry

Jun 19, 2014
cupcakes said:
I had my TRV approved, and my passport was received by CPC-Ottawa on June 9...but the return tracking number has still not been activated yet. Anyone else in the same boat? I have a flight to catch in 10 days, and am getting worried.
I am on the same boat as you. My passport had reached CIC-Ottawa on June 11th. Haven't heard anything from them yet. My urgent travel is scheduled for tonight.

transitvisa

Jun 20, 2014
When they close application, or send out the passport, do we get informed of the tracking number?
The USPS does not record on their receipt any prepaid mailing label :(

Crackberry

Jun 19, 2014
transitvisa said:
When they close application, or send out the passport, do we get informed of the tracking number?
The USPS does not record on their receipt any prepaid mailing label :(
They have mentioned on the website that they will not accept any prepaid private courier for returns of passport. Either the prepaid Xpresspost from Canada post or they will return it via regular mail.

transitvisa

Jun 20, 2014
Crackberry said:
They have mentioned on the website that they will not accept any prepaid private courier for returns of passport. Either the prepaid Xpresspost from Canada post or they will return it via regular mail.
Yeah, the return envelope and mailing label I sent were from the post office (USPS). I was just wondering if they will let you know via email the tracking number of that mailing label. Like other visas do. Any ideas?

Crackberry

Jun 19, 2014
transitvisa said:
Yeah, the return envelope and mailing label I sent were from the post office (USPS). I was just wondering if they will let you know via email the tracking number of that mailing label. Like other visas do. Any ideas?
I would assume that you have your tracking numbers for both envelopes cause they certainly don't send us the tracking details.. it's something we, as applicants have to look into it.

transitvisa

Jun 20, 2014
Crackberry said:
I would assume that you have your tracking numbers for both envelopes cause they certainly don't send us the tracking details.. it's something we, as applicants have to look into it.
Yeah, that's why I was asking, because I thought it was on the receipt when it wasn't. So I don't have the tracking number of the return mailing label (priority express).

Can we just pick it up from the NY consulate, provided they have not mailed it yet?

shvik

Jun 5, 2014
My Journey in case helps to someone:

6/5/2014 : Submitted online TRV from US
6/9/2014 : Email to send passports
6/11/2014 : Sent passport to NY by USPS Priority mail with return priority prepaid envelop(Not express) as I wasn't in hurry.
6/13/2014 : Received at NY
6/19/2014 : Stamped multiple entry visa passport arrived home.

FYI..No photo on visa sticker(I did lot of effort to sent proper size photo)

Good luck rest hope you will hear good news soon.

DipT

Jun 5, 2014
Finally I received my Passport! Here is my updated timeline and tip which can help others.

5/28 : Application Submitted Online.
5/29 : Received message for confirmation on application received.
6/04 : Received another message for Passport request.
6/06 : Passport sent to NY consulate via Fedex overnight shipping.
6/09 : Passport received by NY consulate.
6/10 : Got an email for updates. Online status: Approved, Case Closed.
6/20 : Received my passport in my mailbox via USPS standard shipping. (which takes 2-8 business days)

Important Tip: Do not send prepaid return envelope other than USPS. They only sent back passport via USPS.
I sent Fedex prepaid label for return and they didn't use it. Though you can send your passport to Consulate by Fedex or any other service. But return envelope should be from
USPS ONLY.

Also you can contact consulate on this email Id. CNGNYG@international.gc.ca
If luck they will respond to your inquiry which they did in my case.