+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV from India with valid PGWP

Jan 29, 2022
I need to apply for my trv from india and I have a valid post grad work permit. I was working there for my employer and have all the documentation but needed to return in emergency. IN THE QUESTION DO U HAVE A VALID JOB OFFER if I say yes they provide an option for visitor visa for foreign worker and then they just need ur open work permit and passport. Is it the right option to choose to apply for trv as shown in the utube video by helping all? Can anyone guide me on this and how much time is it taking to receive passport request letter? Nd visa stamp kindly someone help as I'm gonna apply in 1 or 2 days

Jan 29, 2022
I need to apply for my trv from india and I have a valid post grad work permit. I was working there for my employer and have all the documentation but needed to return in emergency. IN THE QUESTION DO U HAVE A VALID JOB OFFER if I say yes they provide an option for visitor visa for foreign worker and then they just need ur open work permit and passport. Is it the right option to choose to apply for trv as shown in the utube video by helping all? Can anyone guide me on this and how much time is it taking to receive passport request letter? Nd visa stamp kindly someone help as I'm gonna apply in 1 or 2 days

Navaneeth_93

Feb 9, 2022
Hi, I have a similar situation though not completely.

I have updated my Indian passport and expanded my last name which was earlier just initials on coming to India. As my old passport contained the valid TRV with my old name, I was not allowed by airlines to travel back to Canada.. I checked with Delhi CHC and have applied for a Replacement TRV VISA using the Verification of Status Document(IMM5009e) explaining my situation and paid the replacement fee etc. I am already on a PGWP status..

Has anyone been in a similar boat such as name change on TRV? As per the immigration official in Delhi CHC, I have followed these steps and sent them all the documents via mail to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

I had a few questions and have been really stressed about the whole situation:
1. How long does it take to get a passport request for TRV stamping?
2. Does Delhi CHC respond to mails as applications? I couldn't find a way of adding the application in the online portal.
3. How to track status of imm5009e applications?

Any help is deeply appreciated, thanks!

Bavsh

Jun 8, 2019

I have updated my Indian passport and expanded my last name which was earlier just initials on coming to India. As my old passport contained the valid TRV with my old name, I was not allowed by airlines to travel back to Canada.. I checked with Delhi CHC and have applied for a Replacement TRV VISA using the Verification of Status Document(IMM5009e) explaining my situation and paid the replacement fee etc. I am already on a PGWP status..

Has anyone been in a similar boat such as name change on TRV? As per the immigration official in Delhi CHC, I have followed these steps and sent them all the documents via mail to delhiimmigration@international.gc.ca

2. Does Delhi CHC respond to mails as applications? I couldn't find a way of adding the application in the online portal.

It won't take long enough (max 3 weeks), they will ask for biometrics again and ask you to submit the new passport, will mail the passport with TRV or you can physically collect it too! Did you apply this online or offline?

Ahmedmsamir

Apr 17, 2022
As a PGWP holder, if you apply from outside Canada as a visitor (TRV Visa), they ask for proof of financial capabilities and an invitation letter. How to handle this part?

praguni

Mar 20, 2018

Hey I am in this same situation, I was not aware that a TRV would be required to re-enter and thought that the work permit would work. I am now in India, applied for TRV and also submitted my job letter along with my application. My biometrics is on 4th May, how long do you think it would take to get visa? I really need to be back to pay for bills and start working as I came on vacation

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hey I am in this same situation, I was not aware that a TRV would be required to re-enter and thought that the work permit would work. I am now in India, applied for TRV and also submitted my job letter along with my application. My biometrics is on 4th May, how long do you think it would take to get visa? I really need to be back to pay for bills and start working as I came on vacation
While the posted avg processing time is 120 days, I have seen some people getting the TRV approved in a week too. So plan based on average times posted, All the best

drreenat

Dec 7, 2017
Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Hi,

I am in a similar position. Could you please let me know the timeline of your TRV application so far?

praguni

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

I am in a similar position. Could you please let me know the timeline of your TRV application so far?
I had my biometrics done today, the agent there told me that it should be done within a week to 10 days, lets hope for the best. This situation is just so depressing for me now☹

drreenat

Dec 7, 2017
Delhi, India
NOC Code......
I had my biometrics done today, the agent there told me that it should be done within a week to 10 days, lets hope for the best. This situation is just so depressing for me now☹
Hi,

Could you let me know your location? For delhi the website is showing 120 days as processing time. I wonder if this is actually true?

praguni

Mar 20, 2018
Hi,

Could you let me know your location? For delhi the website is showing 120 days as processing time. I wonder if this is actually true?
Actual processing time across all locations is 120 days. I applied at Chandigarh, but regardless of the location, the processing should be quick. My friend is in same situation and applied for Delhi loc

drreenat

Dec 7, 2017
Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Actual processing time across all locations is 120 days. I applied at Chandigarh, but regardless of the location, the processing should be quick. My friend is in same situation and applied for Delhi loc
Oh really, looks like a positive response. Thank you for the optimism. :)

drreenat

Dec 7, 2017
Delhi, India
NOC Code......
As a PGWP holder, if you apply from outside Canada as a visitor (TRV Visa), they ask for proof of financial capabilities and an invitation letter. How to handle this part?
I was not asked for these documents in the checklist. However, uploaded a proof of funds under optional documents.