+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV from India with valid PGWP

Mar 26, 2023
Processing takes 5 to 6 months so all you can do is await.
I am in a similar situation. I have applied for PGWP but have not gotten it. Now I need to visit India for urgent reasons. So can I apply for a TRV from India after approval of my pgwp and what will be the procedure? Your response will be appreciated.

Mar 26, 2023
Hi can u please tell me how long it took u to get trv approval in india… am stuck in india and didnt know i need trv to re enter canada. I hve work permit. I applied 2 months ago for trv but there are no updates on my file now… its very depressing and am overthinking about everything now. Please help
I am in a similar situation. I have applied for PGWP but have not gotten it. Now I need to visit India for urgent reasons. So can I apply for a TRV from India after approval of my pgwp and what will be the procedure? Your response will be appreciated.

Shivam$321

May 20, 2023
What have you did you got it?

Jay@nth

Nov 14, 2023
Hello guys, I am also in same situation. I got my pgwp and travelled to India and now I am trying to apply trv and there is only one option as foreign worker visa.
Question 1 : people who got trv from India applied to foreign worker visa?
Question 2 : is it neccessary to add a letter to explain the reason in the application
Question 3 : if not foreign worker visa then what visa should we apply?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello guys, I am also in same situation. I got my pgwp and travelled to India and now I am trying to apply trv and there is only one option as foreign worker visa.
Question 1 : people who got trv from India applied to foreign worker visa?
Question 2 : is it neccessary to add a letter to explain the reason in the application
Question 3 : if not foreign worker visa then what visa should we apply?
Apply for TRV against approved WP

Nov 14, 2023
Hey, I’m also in Same situation. I came to India for an emergency. It’s been more than 2 months I have applied for my TRV from India whereas the processing time is 29 days, But I haven’t received the PPR yet. What should I do? I’m worried about this situation, please help me in this concern.
I have heard that some people got theirs within 2.5 or 3 months.

Jay@nth

Nov 14, 2023
Hey, I’m also in Same situation. I came to India for an emergency. It’s been more than 2 months I have applied for my TRV from India whereas the processing time is 29 days, But I haven’t received the PPR yet. What should I do? I’m worried about this situation, please help me in this concern.
Did you apply for foreign worker visa?

Jay@nth

Nov 14, 2023
No, I have PGWP.
Ya after pgwp, you went to India and which visa you applied for? There are two options in this case:- one is to apply for foreign worker and the second is apply for visitor.
So I want to know which one you applied for and when you applied?

GV-Patiala

Jul 2, 2021
Did you get PPR request?