+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for TRV from India with valid PGWP

ani2020

Mar 18, 2020
Hii everyone i want help

I am in india right nowmy study visa expire when i came in india becase of my mother is passed away .i got my pgwp ..
So how can i re enter in canada..
How much take time to proceess that.. i have valid usa visitor visa any way to re enter in canada?
Plz guys i am confuse what i have to do.. vfs is closed in india.. and at of 25 november it will start but they work with limititation.. so

I have the same issue. I am holding a valid PGWP for 3 years from Canada and had been to India under extenuating situation. My student Visa got expired in March 2020 and hence I could not head back due to the ongoing travel restrictions.

so you need to do the following:

Apply for TRV as soon as possible (under visitor visa online from the ICCRC website) fill in the form and explain your whole scenario to the visa officer with all the proofs. Also attach a valid Photocopy of your PGWP. Tell them your situation in details and ask for the visitor visa (TRV) as soon as possible. You can do this under explanation / letter to the officer tab while applying online.

under the present travel restrictions, it will take time as they are giving least priorities to PGWP holders. Once you apply, after few weeks, generate a web form with all these explanations, give specific scenarios and let them know that your primary residence is in Canada, that’s the most important reason which you are going to stress on. Also attach copies of your SIN number, phone or internet bill which you paid while living in Canada, Bank statements, Tax returns and a letter from your landlord stating about your lease.

they will only reply and start working towards your application if they think you are a genuine applicant.

I am in the same shoes, have a valid US visa but that doesn’t help you here as there are travel restrictions going on, so if you reach US, you won’t be allowed to enter by Road or flight without a valid TRV (visitor visa sticker) in your passport. This is all mentioned on their website. Please do read their web page / Twitter handles.

so without wasting more time, start your online application for visitor visa under TRV application on the ICCRC website. While filling the form, Do mention COVID 19, in one of the section where they ask you for a specific reason to enter Canada ( this is mentioned on their website, do read their website throughly, they have clearly mentioned step wise procedures to apply for TRV and have mentioned what to write so that they prioritize your application from usual visitor via applicants who are barred at the moment.

Best of luck!

If you have any more qts, let me know

Shahjh

Jun 22, 2018
Hi,

You said here that apply for TRV from the IRCC website, but the only problem is that when we try to apply from CIC, it takes to PGWP from outside canada. So, when it asks us what do you want to do in Canada, do we write work or visit, even though we have a valid PGWP?

And, if not that how can we apply for TRV with current residence as India? There's no option for TRV.

Shahjh

Jun 22, 2018
Because, in the optional documents, there is an option of application for temporary resident visa outside canada, do I fill that out?

ani2020

Mar 18, 2020
Hi,

You said here that apply for TRV from the IRCC website, but the only problem is that when we try to apply from CIC, it takes to PGWP from outside canada. So, when it asks us what do you want to do in Canada, do we write work or visit, even though we have a valid PGWP?

And, if not that how can we apply for TRV with current residence as India? There's no option for TRV.
Just go select you want to visit Canada. So basically you have a PGWP, now you just want a sticker on your passport to enter Canada. So select visit option and fill in the details. Also attach a copy of your PGWP when you write an explanation to the officer about your scenario.

I know the option to visit seems weird and confusing despite having an PGWP, but that’s how they have designed the options. Do not go for PGWP from outside Canada that’s totally a different process for you.

Shahjh

Jun 22, 2018
Okay. That makes sense.

Did everything go smoothly for you in this process? Did you have to go and get your biometrics done too?

ani2020

Mar 18, 2020
My biometrics was already done in Toronto. We just have to be patient as it’s too time consuming due to the ongoing travel restrictions

Shahjh

Jun 22, 2018
Yeah. Thats true. But, now I have a problem regarding the biometrics too, because I didnt get that done in Toronto. So, would I have to do it here?

ani2020

Mar 18, 2020
Yeah. Thats true. But, now I have a problem regarding the biometrics too, because I didnt get that done in Toronto. So, would I have to do it here?
Yes off course! Don’t worry about the biometrics, they will send you a letter requesting for the same and the good news is most of the VFS in India are opening now for biometric.

Shahjh

Jun 22, 2018
One more question, what did you give the reason for travel or visit to canada? Meeting family, work, etc?

ani2020

Mar 18, 2020
Okay. Thank you very much. You have been really helpful.
No worries. I completely understand the anxiety. Just proceed as soon as possible and explain your situation to the officer very well with all the documents and proofs. Let them know you are a primary resident of Canada / Ontario. Don’t forget to show your tax returns of you have them.
They will understand your situation.