+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Not quite the old system. Hopefully the couriers won't be the ones who benefit the most. Something online I think is what they said. I see so many potential problems. What if you're in a rural area with slow internet. Assume the website might crash.
Good points :)

Jay_Sharma

Jul 15, 2018
Hello,

Great Info.

I have a quick query: Is Medical check up and/or Insurance required for extending our stay on visitor visa for more than 6 months.

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
Hello
Glad to find this post. I have been reading about TRVs since a while now. But nothing is as informative as is this forum.

TO start with some history, Me, my wife and my 2 kids, all are on PR.

My parents are on multiple-entry visitor visa with following stays (stay extended for 6 month every time)

First stay: Feb-2017 to Aug-2017
Second stay: Aug-2017 to Feb-2018
Third stay: Feb-2018 to July-2018
Current stay: August-2018 till date (they were off to India for a month in July-Aug 2018)

Can I apply for stay extension of >6 months from within Canada as they want to stay here longer (keeping in mind that they already had 2 extensions of 6 months each since last year)?
Both me and my wife are working, and they want to stay with their grandchildren.

We will be applying for their PR soon. So, can this count for a reason for extending stay (planning to apply PR this JAN-2019)?
Kindly suggest.

Thanks in advance.
Hi there,
How do you apply her visa extension within Canada, online , if yes, could you please give me the correct link which directs me to start the application ? What was the reason you gave for all these extensions ? TIA

macwhitby

Nov 18, 2016
Whitby
LANDED..........
21-11-2014
@Bryanna
I have a good news. Application status changed to approved today and there is visa info which shows the validity same as the life time of the passport which is 10 years. I hope they mail back the PP soon.
Hi there, could you send me the link for visa extension within Canada ?

kk1010

Apr 3, 2018
Hello @Bryanna

I am preparing application for My parents for Supervisa.
3 years back their visitors visa was rejected. I was on Work permit back than. Now I am a PR.
I need a help for application form.

1. Do I need show employment history for my father ? He doesn't have a job. He just files the taxes on basis of what he earn from labour work from industry.
2. Do i really need to show his employment income ? Its a supervisa application. Can I just say he is retired ? And dependent on me and not include any employment history in file?

Thank you in advance.

neochanges1

Aug 27, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Hello, bumping this thread.

My MiL's passport is expiring end of 2021. She's currently on a supervisa

If she renews her passport here in Canada end of 2021, will she be able to re-apply her supervisa while here in Canada?

Thanks

fahad007

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Doc's Request.
30-04-2015
AOR Received.
11-12-2014
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
15-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-05-2015
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2015
Hello All,

I have a question for super visa. Does supervisa allow stay for upto 2 years only on 1st visit to Canada or in each visit? My parents has a visa for 10 years.

balwinder_kaur

Star Member
May 2, 2018
Hi,
I submitted a supervisa application. by mistake I entered wrong gender. When I got the biometric request letter i noticed that the gender is incorrect. I have uploaded the correct form by webforms and received an email that the document has been transferred to the concerned officer. I also request for another biometric request but unfortunately I haven't received another request yet. What should be done? Should that person go for

notusman

May 26, 2017
Hi,

I want to apply for my parents' super visa and I have a few questions, it would be of great help if anyone can provide it. I have searched a lot but could not find information.

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,

I want to apply for my parents' super visa and I have a few questions, it would be of great help if anyone can provide it. I have searched a lot but could not find information.

1. I am a Permanent Resident since September 2019 and have started working in May 2020. My spouse started working in Dec 2019. Her 2019 Tax Notice Assessment contained income for December 2019 only whereas in my Notice of Assessment there is no income mentioned. Will my and my wife's pay stubs be sufficient for the last few months as proof of income?
2. Can I also ask my brother to provide his pay stubs and that would add up as proof of income?

Thanks.
You need to show that you have earned the LICO amount in Canada which is why it usually takes around a year to qualify for a supervisa for your parents. Your brother income is separate. Only a spouse can be a co-sponsor.

notusman

May 26, 2017
You need to show that you have earned the LICO amount in Canada which is why it usually takes around a year to qualify for a supervisa for your parents. Your brother income is separate. Only a spouse can be a co-sponsor.
Thanks a lot for your response. That was very swift.