+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

AKamz

Jan 12, 2018
Hi guys,

Background: I am a PR holder and my sister is on work permit here. Our mom is visiting me since December 2017. We dont have anyone else in the family so i want her to basically live with us. Ideal way should be PR for her but that cant happen yet because i havent completed the required time of residency here. Anyway, I got her visa extended once in June 2018 (when she was due to return). I was in impression that they extend it for another 6 months and posted a tentative return date of September. Darn, they extended it only until September (wish i knew this before). Now the situation is she can not go back alone and it is desired to return in November with me. which means i want to get her to stay here for 4 more months.

Possibilities:
1. Should I apply another visa extension? I not very hopeful for it coz i dont have a valid reason
2. Should I apply a Supervisa for her while she is still in Canada? I read somewhere we can not apply for Super visa while in Canada. why is that?
Applying SV is anyway on the road map as i want her to stay with me as much as possible. but should i do now or not that's the question. I was thinking to apply for SV and then an extension saying I am waiting for SV decision (thats because SV application does not give us an implied status I believe?) This sounds crooked but that would be the honest approach.

I look forward to responses from all the senior members. This group has helped me a lot in the past and I thank you in advance.

Thanks
AKamz

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Background: I am a PR holder and my sister is on work permit here. Our mom is visiting me since December 2017. We dont have anyone else in the family so i want her to basically live with us.
Sooner or later you can expect the application to extend your mom's stay to be refused and she will need to return home.

Possibilities:
1. Should I apply another visa extension? I not very hopeful for it coz i dont have a valid reason
You can certainly try.

2. Should I apply a Supervisa for her while she is still in Canada? I read somewhere we can not apply for Super visa while in Canada. why is that?
Your mom cannot apply for a super visa from inside Canada. She must apply to a visa office outside Canada, preferably in her home country.

Both super visas and TRVs are *temporary residence visas* which are not intended for someone to *live* in Canada/stay indefinitely.

Applying SV is anyway on the road map as i want her to stay with me as much as possible. but should i do now or not that's the question. I was thinking to apply for SV and then an extension saying I am waiting for SV decision (thats because SV application does not give us an implied status I believe?) This sounds crooked but that would be the honest approach.
Your mom can certainly apply for a super visa a few months after she returns to her home country and she re-establishes her ties there. Applying from inside Canada and/or asking for an extension until a decision is given for a super visa application are non-starters

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
@Bryanna
Finally got the passport back today Allahamdulilah. A bit surprised to see the visa issuance date as June 04, 2018 despite the fact passport requested on July 06 and then visa stamped 2/3 days ago but all is well and I would like to thank you for all your support throughout this application and this thread and all the forum. If you are in GTA I would like to buy to a lunch or coffee :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna
Finally got the passport back today Allahamdulilah. A bit surprised to see the visa issuance date as June 04, 2018 despite the fact passport requested on July 06 and then visa stamped 2/3 days ago but all is well and I would like to thank you for all your support throughout this application and this thread and all the forum. If you are in GTA I would like to buy to a lunch or coffee :)
I'm so so happy for you and your mom. It was a very long journey for both of you right from her previous TRV visit. And, in the process, we discovered new visa facts (For example: A TRV is not canceled when a super visa application is submitted, etc.)

You have tremendous patience. Hats off to you for this :):)

Now, here's something you need to think about before *activating* her super visa:
1. When does your mom's current visitor status expire?

2. Does she have a valid US visa? If I remember correctly, she has one.

3. Does she have relatives in the US?

Reactions: se7en

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
I'm so so happy for you and your mom. It was a very long journey for both of you right from her previous TRV visit. And, in the process, we discovered new visa facts (For example: A TRV is not canceled when a super visa application is submitted, etc.)

You have tremendous patience. Hats off to you for this :):)

Now, here's something you need to think about before *activating* her super visa:

November 1st week

Yes she has

No

Actually, I was thinking to apply for visitor status extension rather than activating supervisa. We are planning to visit Pakistan for a few months next year and upon arrival I will be asking for 2 years stay. But I welcome any suggestions if there is an easy way to extend her stay while using supervisa

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Actually, I was thinking to apply for visitor status extension rather than activating supervisa. We are planning to visit Pakistan for a few months next year and upon arrival I will be asking for 2 years stay.
That sounds perfect.

I was only wondering if she intended to 'activate' her super visa right away.... which could have meant:
1. Losing a few months from her current status on the TRV entry, or

2. A quick trip to the US would be risky as the officer at the POE might not give her the two years' stay on her initial super visa visit (after all the hard work you've done for this)

But I welcome any suggestions if there is an easy way to extend her stay while using supervisa
You're doing the right thing by applying for an extension.

When she returns from Pakistan next year, do request the POE officer for a two years' stay (it's super critical to have that handwritten date in her passport). You may want to travel back with her at that time

se7en

Apr 20, 2011
That sounds perfect.

I was only wondering if she intended to 'activate' her super visa right away.... which could have meant:
1. Losing a few months from her current status on the TRV entry, or

2. A quick trip to the US would be risky as the officer at the POE might not give her the two years' stay on her initial super visa visit (after all the hard work you've done for this)

You're doing the right thing by applying for an extension.

When she returns from Pakistan next year, do request the POE officer for a two years' stay (it's super critical to have that handwritten date in her passport). You may want to travel back with her at that time
Yes, thats the plan. I never let my mother travel alone as she has legs pain issue and she gets worried for no reason so I always accompany her.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yes, thats the plan. I never let my mother travel alone as she has legs pain issue and she gets worried for no reason so I always accompany her.
Sounds perfect especially if she remains in Pakistan for at least 3-4 months before returning :)

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI guys!

I am so glad that I found this thread.

So I started a new thread about asking my mom's super visa.
She is already in Canada taking care of my baby boy while I am at work now.

My question was it has been a month since I applied but haven't heard from anything.
But someone replied that I cannot apply within Canada and looks like it is true!

Do I have to cancel the super visa and apply extension
or wait to see what happens?

She came from visa exempt country and her 6 month stay will be expired on Oct.

Thank you so much in advance!

Reactions: ali45

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
HI guys!

I am so glad that I found this thread.

So I started a new thread about asking my mom's super visa.
She is already in Canada taking care of my baby boy while I am at work now.

My question was it has been a month since I applied but haven't heard from anything.
But someone replied that I cannot apply within Canada and looks like it is true!

Do I have to cancel the super visa and apply extension
or wait to see what happens?

She came from visa exempt country and her 6 month stay will be expired on Oct.

Thank you so much in advance!
You have a couple of problems. Your mother is not supposed to be providing childcare for your child because that is considered working illegally in Canada. She would have to apply for an extension 30 days before the expiry of her previous visa. No guarantee that it will be awarded.

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You have a couple of problems. Your mother is not supposed to be providing childcare for your child because that is considered working illegally in Canada. She would have to apply for an extension 30 days before the expiry of her previous visa. No guarantee that it will be awarded.
I am not trying to start a fight but how is it working illegally?
She is not getting paid or something like that.

If CIC sees that way, they are so crazy!!
Is it common rejection reason?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am not trying to start a fight but how is it working illegally?
She is not getting paid or something like that.

If CIC sees that way, they are so crazy!!
Is it common rejection reason?
It is seen as working illegally because she is taking the place of a Canadian worker. Yes your mother can be rejected if they know she is providing full-time childcare.

albertasun

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is seen as working illegally because she is taking the place of a Canadian worker. Yes your mother can be rejected if they know she is providing full-time childcare.
That is really selfish...

Can I have two application going on at the same time?

I mean I have to cancel the Super Visa application first before applying Visa extension, right?

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
That is really selfish...

Can I have two application going on at the same time?

I mean I have to cancel the Super Visa application first before applying Visa extension, right?

Thank you.
Not sure why you think it is selfish. Canada wants Canadian workers who pay Canadian taxes. You can apply at the same time but given that your mother doesn't qualify for a supervisa unless she applies while out of the country not sure why you would continue with the application.

Rosarina

Jul 26, 2018
Hello,
I would like to invite my mother who is from el Salvador to come to Canada.
The problem is that she was deported.
A bit about myself:
I was born in Toronto Canada as well as my sister and my parents left Canada in 1976 to reside in El Salvador and then went to Argentina in 1977. My father was from Argentina.
Right after 1980 my aunt came to Canada due to a war in El Salvador and tried to invite my mother but my mother was told by the Canadian immigration in Argentina that she was deported. So my mother sent my sister to live with my aunt and then myself in1990 cause we are both Canadian Citizens.
Now 29 years later I am trying to bring my mother as a visitor. My mother is currently residing in El Salvador.
What can I do?.
Please help.
Thank you.