+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Supervisa within Canada

moein6991

Aug 22, 2020
Hi guys,

I have a very unique situation and would appreciate if anybody can provide some guidance.
I'm a citizen of Canada. My mother's 5-year Visitor visa as well as her passport were expired during covid time. As her passport with her visa on it is not valid anymore, I cannot apply for extension. I recently got a brand new passport for her and was hoping to apply for Super Visa this time.But apparently she needs to leave Canada to be able to apply for Super Visa. I don't want her go back home as the covid situation is awful back there. Do you guys know what type of Visa I can apply for her?

Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a very unique situation and would appreciate if anybody can provide some guidance.
I'm a citizen of Canada. My mother's 5-year Visitor visa as well as her passport were expired during covid time. As her passport with her visa on it is not valid anymore, I cannot apply for extension. I recently got a brand new passport for her and was hoping to apply for Super Visa this time.But apparently she needs to leave Canada to be able to apply for Super Visa. I don't want her go back home as the covid situation is awful back there. Do you guys know what type of Visa I can apply for her?

Thanks in advance.
She needs to apply for restoration first. If she is approved her only option is visitor status. Will depend how long she has been in Canada.

jagannath

Star Member
May 11, 2012
Hi Friends,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my mom has a valid supervisa until 22 jan, 2021. The issue is that her passport is also expiring on 23jan,2021(5 months from now). She is currently in India.
I was thinking of booking her tickets on oct8. I know i can renew her passport from within canada, but how about supervisa.
If she will be applying for new supervisa, would she need to do medicals again and how about biometrics in times of covid?
Plz help asap, all ur help would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Hi Friends,

I'm a Canadian citizen and my mom has a valid supervisa until 22 jan, 2021. The issue is that her passport is also expiring on 23jan,2021(5 months from now). She is currently in India.
I was thinking of booking her tickets on oct8. I know i can renew her passport from within canada, but how about supervisa.
If she will be applying for new supervisa, would she need to do medicals again and how about biometrics in times of covid?
Others can comment/ correct but I would have assumed that if she travels then her visit may only be authorised at POE through to her passport expiry date so maybe renew passport before travel given the visa authorises travel it does not as I understand determine how long she can stay on each visit

As for super visa that needs to be applied for whilst outside of Canada as per the guidelines .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

She should really renew her passport now and apply for a new supervisa.

Amrik Bhullar

Sep 4, 2016
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
12 May 2017
AOR Received.
25 July 2017
It's case to case basis, in my experience doing the sv app of my mom, I put zero in funds available in the form, in my view this is the funds in my mom's name, zero, coz she is unemployed and our dependent.
I submitted my NOA and my husband's NOA, I did not submit bank statements, still approved.
In you case, if you want to submit bank statements to make the app stronger, you can.

Invitation letter is addressed to your parent
Signed promise of financial support is addressed to CIC
if you apply online, you can merge these two in one pdf to be uploaded in invitation letter tab ex:
page 1: invitation letter
page 2: signed promise
page 3: your ID like PR card photocopy or Citizenship certificate
Hi ,please help
I need to apply for my mother in law super visa. Can I apply online within Canada ? She is in india. Due to current COVID situation Canadian embassy not accepting paper applications

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Hi ,please help
I need to apply for my mother in law super visa. Can I apply online within Canada ? She is in india. Due to current COVID situation Canadian embassy not accepting paper applications
Hello Amrik,

If your mother is in India then you just apply Super Visa for her as per normal procedure. She just applies her visa online as a regular super visa application.

There is no "in Canada " or "outside Canada " application process. There is just one process.

Let me know if any other questions.

Reactions: karens

karens

Jul 15, 2017
Hi @Sunny86 , I would like to request your advice on filing the Super Visa for my father back in India.
Please can you let me know if I can PM you on the same.
Thank you.

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Hi @Sunny86 , I would like to request your advice on filing the Super Visa for my father back in India.
Please can you let me know if I can PM you on the same.
Thank you.
Hi Karens,

I dont mind giving reasonable advise, we are a immigration consultation firm too so there is an extent I can help you to but sure feel free to reach if you have a specific question.

Thanks,

Sunny

Reactions: karens

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
I applied for Supervisa for my father and received Biometrics letter in March, 2021. However, over the last many months, VFS centers in India are closed due to pandemic. He currently has a valid visitor visa which will expire in Aug, 2021.

Assuming that the travel restrictions are lifted for fully vaccinated travelers, can he travel to Canada on Visitor visa expiring in Aug, 2021 and complete the Biometrics for Super Visa application here in Canada and continue the remaining process/application within Canada.

On the side, he will also apply for Visitor Record to extend legal stay within Canada. Appreciate if someone can give guidance.

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
I applied for Supervisa for my father and received Biometrics letter in March, 2021. However, over the last many months, VFS centers in India are closed due to pandemic. He currently has a valid visitor visa which will expire in Aug, 2021.

Assuming that the travel restrictions are lifted for fully vaccinated travelers, can he travel to Canada on Visitor visa expiring in Aug, 2021 and complete the Biometrics for Super Visa application here in Canada and continue the remaining process/application within Canada.

On the side, he will also apply for Visitor Record to extend legal stay within Canada. Appreciate if someone can give guidance.
Yes he can travel to Canada, as Canada allows immediate family members of citizens and PR holders to travel on visit visa but visit should be greater than 15 days.

He can also give biometrics when in Canada.

Only thing he can't do is submit passport within Canada for supervisa stamping. That will need to be done outside Canada. If he have US visa and US allows travel by then, then he can go there and get it stamped.

He can travel via third country during travel ban from India but will need to do covid negative test in that third country.

Hope this helps.

Sunny

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Yes he can travel to Canada, as Canada allows immediate family members of citizens and PR holders to travel on visit visa but visit should be greater than 15 days.

He can also give biometrics when in Canada.

Only thing he can't do is submit passport within Canada for supervisa stamping. That will need to be done outside Canada. If he have US visa and US allows travel by then, then he can go there and get it stamped.

He can travel via third country during travel ban from India but will need to do covid negative test in that third country.

Hope this helps.

Sunny
Thank you Sunny. He does have US Visa and we actually live close to South Surrey border. I am aware of quarantine restrictions since me and my wife are US workers and travelled few times.
Can I DM you ?

Sunny86

May 28, 2018
Pretty brazen to advertise your services on a forum paid for by another immigration lawyer:eek:
Umm where did I advertise? From my perspective I gave more of a disclaimer to someone who wanted help beyond normal Q and A.

I have been a user of this forum before I even became a consultant( which is not that long ago anyways). I am still here not to poach clients or anything(that I am blessed with enough) but more of giving back to this forum for tremendous help it gave provided me with my questions in the past.

And just for your satisfaction I will say, no one need a consultant if they just read the application guides availble on IRCC website and call them when in doubt and that will be enough for pretty much anything.

Where things do get complex then one should hire a lawyer probably and probably canadavisa peeps are best.

Cheers,

Sunny

strongbull1

May 26, 2021
Seeking guidance
  • Current Status - Visitor Visa expiring in Aug 2021
  • Supervisa - biometrics pending but BIL expired. VAC closed outside Canada. Fees submitted
Plan:
  • Travel before expiry of visitor visa expiry.
  • Submit Webform for new BIL and complete Biometrics inside Canada
  • Submit a Visitor Record / Extension within Canada (pay duplicate 85$ biometrics fees ? )