+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for Study Permit IN Canada

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Are you applying online for the study permit or you are sending application via mail to Los Angeles office ?
As far as I know, you must apply in the paper form to LA. You need to check their website. I think the mailing address has changed.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
As far as I know, you must apply in the paper form to LA. You need to check their website. I think the mailing address has changed.
Yeah the mailing address changed
And now there is a new company which got contract to process application to Canadian embassy
But I checked there website there is nothing mentioned there how to send applocapplin from Canada on previous company website it's mentioned

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
When are you applying ?
Have you contacted any lawyer?
And which session you are applying to ?
I got offer letter of may intake

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Yeah the mailing address changed
And now there is a new company which got contract to process application to Canadian embassy
But I checked there website there is nothing mentioned there how to send applocapplin from Canada on previous company website it's mentioned
I don't quite understand your concern.
You mail the application to the new address and mail the application fee to the appointed PO box. That's it.
It better to use courier serves which you can track the delivery.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
I don't quite understand your concern.
You mail the application to the new address and mail the application fee to the appointed PO box. That's it.
It better to use courier serves which you can track the delivery.
Do I need to send my passport too with the my application?

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
When are you applying ?
Have you contacted any lawyer?
And which session you are applying to ?
I got offer letter of may intake
I currently consider a different route to stay in Canada so I am not applying for a school. However, I have applied once before. I did everything by myself without consulting anyone. It is very straightforward... just follow the direction on the official webpage.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Yes, it's better to send it along with your application.
This way, it will be processed faster and you don't need to pay for the extra delivery service.
Yeah the only problem is that
The new company who got contravc now.
It's not mentioned on there website that where we can mail our paper application.
The only thing mentioned there was take aoppappoint before coming and the address of that place
No PO box no
No paper application mailing info

Youthberry

May 12, 2016
Yeah the only problem is that
The new company who got contravc now.
It's not mentioned on there website that where we can mail our paper application.
The only thing mentioned there was take aoppappoint before coming and the address of that place
No PO box no
No paper application mailing info
Interesting...how about the old website?
They should have mentioned it. Or, you can send an email and ask them. They will get back to you in 3-4 days.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
Interesting...how about the old website?
They should have mentioned it. Or, you can send an email and ask them. They will get back to you in 3-4 days.
Old company seems more professional
They mentioned everything on there website in detail
I emailed the new ones 2 3 times ,still waiting for there reply

amp0516

Feb 8, 2019
I applied for a study permit while inside Canada, and I recently got an approval for it. What I did was to submit my application by mail to the Los Angeles VAC. Like you, my visitor visa will expire while my study permit application is ongoing so I applied for a visitor visa extension as well. You will have to send your passport when you apply for a study permit, as this is the required process by the Los Angeles Visa Office. Ensure that you have another valid government ID other than your passport in case you are asked for a medical exam as part of your application. If you don't have another ID, ensure that you have a certified true copy to present to the doctor when the time comes.
Hi alyxdv, did you get your approval while you were inside Canada? If yes, did you leave Canada then reenter or just went to POE?

Thank you!

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
> Do I need to apply for the visitor extension
yes, to be safe. Otherwise you risk losing status and requiring restoration of status.

>Because by applying, I need to send my passport to LA,
make sure you need to send the passport at the beginning of the application.
I have never done study permits, but when I did apply for work permit in Canada, I never sent them my passport.
I only needed to send the passport only when applying for Visa counterfoil, and only sent the passport at the end, after approval.

hi
can you please tell me ? i want to apply for work permit inside canada. i have my all doudoc

nauman25

Star Member
Nov 11, 2018
Here are the requirements to apply for a study permit in Canada
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=483&top=15

If you don't fit any of the categories, you have to apply for a study permit from outside Canada:

"For a new study permit, you can apply:

You can apply for extension of visitor status
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/extend-stay/apply.html

hi
can i apply for work permit within canada, i am here on a tourist visa, i have my all documents ready for work permit ?

Feb 18, 2019
Hi everyone.
I am Chukwu Maurice a Nigeria by nationality. Humbly wish to apply for a study visa in Canada. But I have not taking any step yet. Just want to be convinced if I can actually achieved the vision before embarking on it. I am actually going to be sponsoring myself in the pursuit of my dream. What best do I need know?

k.c

Apr 8, 2019
Hello Guys, does the application has to be mailed to Los Angeles? isn't it processed in Canada?