+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying for PGWP under implied status as student.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
I’ll! Also, we can ask from the website. There is a form and we might ask through that.
You could try but as someone who has sent over 5 webforms since the last month alone. You are better off just calling. Their response to whatever you send will be a bunch of links which don't apply to your personal situation.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
This is unique to my personal situation but I thought I should share in case someone needs it or has further information.

kloppity said:
So here is the transcript of my conversation with the agent, who was a lot more informed about the policy and updates on the IRCC website than the guy from yesterday -- April 22nd 2020.

On working after applying for PGWP on implied status, he confirmed that it is a new directive from Ottawa and there has been no further details on the eligibility to work in that case. He did say that most likely we will be able to work full time since implied status pretty much confers all study permit eligibilities, but that it is safer to wait till the website is updated. He mentioned that the WP office is trying to get more info from Ottawa and that those will be reflected on the website when they get that information.

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
This is unique to my personal situation but I thought I should share in case someone needs it or has further information.
That’s cool! I wish they can update the website as soon as possible! Also, they need update any Spouse information.
I’m looking for any new information all the time. Any other information that I get , I’ll update here! Thanks

2Avinash

Apr 25, 2020
This is for the applicants who are on implied status and wants to apply for PGWP.
I was also under implied status and my PGWP got approved on 23 April for 3 years
My study permit was expired on 30 dec 2019 and I applied for extension and I was taking forever
Lot of people mislead here in forum without any evidence that we can not apply under implied status.
I submitted my PGWP on 26 Jan and my study permit was approved on 20 February.
After your study permit will be approved you may send it to the processing office or else they will have in their system automatically because when officer will process your application he or she will check for sure before making a decision.
I just want to help other applicants who are confused like me like I was few months ago.
Good luck everyone !!!

Reactions: ree14 and kloppity

Rishikhant

Nov 5, 2018
This is for the applicants who are on implied status and wants to apply for PGWP.
I was also under implied status and my PGWP got approved on 23 April for 3 years
My study permit was expired on 30 dec 2019 and I applied for extension and I was taking forever
Lot of people mislead here in forum without any evidence that we can not apply under implied status.
After your study permit will be approved you may send it to the processing office or else they will have in their system automatically because when officer will process your application he or she will check for sure before making a decision.
I just want to help other applicants who are confused like me like I was few months ago.
Good luck everyone !!!
Congrats Avinash.
Even I had been saying the same. But people here are confusing me as well
Btw did you give your bio metrics?

Rishikhant

Nov 5, 2018
Though I got the biometric letter I'm yet to give it since all the biometric centers are closed now sure if IRCC will process my application.

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Good luck everyone !!!
Thanks.

The policy has been updated to allow application with implied status now so hopefully everyone gets up to date.
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. Did you mention your study permit application in your PGWP LOE?
2. Did you work/not work whilst waiting for the PGWP?

Thanks.

Mila_84

Star Member
Apr 4, 2020
Thanks.

The policy has been updated to allow application with implied status now so hopefully everyone gets up to date.
If you don't mind, I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. Did you mention your study permit application in your PGWP LOE?
2. Did you work/not work whilst waiting for the PGWP?

Thanks.
Exactly, before there was no information on the website. They have updated recently. The most of consultant that I asked said no, I could not apply. But good to know that someone got that even before this updating. Thanks for the information 2Avinash

Reactions: kloppity

2Avinash

Apr 25, 2020
Best source to find all the information is IRCC website . I never called any agent or lawyer as they also refer to IRCC, R or A website and they don’t have any special power to get hidden information.

You can mention your SP Extension application number if you want BUT when officer makes a decision on your application he or she first check in the system that when was your previous status expired and any new application applied to remain in Canada.
You can work full time only after submitting your PGWP application as you will be under implied status. ( as you will be under Study Permit conditions) this is also mentioned on IRCC website regarding conditions that applicant has same conditions under implied status as their previous status (Student/Visitor)

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Thanks for updating us @2Avinash! and congratulations!

That means we really could've applied for PGWP earlier and not stress about things this much lol...but as per the information that was on the website at the time, it clearly said we needed to have a valid study permit to apply for PGWP. or that study permit should've been valid sometime within the 180 day period after receiving final grades. And now that they have updated it, we can apply on implied status. My guess is that your application was approved and luckily it also happened around the time that the new rules were implemented which is really good.

I really regret not applying earlier as I took 3 months off work after I got my final grades because I thought I couldn't apply for PGWP under implied status and we also have to stop working until we apply for it. Just a shitty situation I guess :(

Reactions: kloppity

kloppity

Nov 20, 2019
Thanks for updating us @2Avinash! and congratulations!

That means we really could've applied for PGWP earlier and not stress about things this much lol...but as per the information that was on the website at the time, it clearly said we needed to have a valid study permit to apply for PGWP. or that study permit should've been valid sometime within the 180 day period after receiving final grades. And now that they have updated it, we can apply on implied status. My guess is that your application was approved and luckily it also happened around the time that the new rules were implemented which is really good.

I really regret not applying earlier as I took 3 months off work after I got my final grades because I thought I couldn't apply for PGWP under implied status and we also have to stop working until we apply for it. Just a shitty situation, I guess :(
Yes, it was a shitty situation all around and is due in part to the ridiculously long wait-time for SP extensions in the first place.

Someone on the SP Ext. thread mentioned that an agent said they will process November applications starting from April 29th. If that is true then it will be a bit of a relief for me personally, as it would mean I can work without bothering about eligibility and all since I will have maintained my student status as the last status I had before PGWP.

SaiKrish

Apr 22, 2020
Hello, i have talked to a CIC agent. I have applied for pgwp on implied status on April 23 and my study permit extension got approved on May 11 till 30. I was told that I will be having implied status after may 30 and I am not supposed to WORK (NOT ALLOWED). Hope this helps