Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
Re: How to avoid FSW?

yashiro_j said:
Agree, i received 600 points from BC PNP so i didnt claim any points for my foreign degree or anything away from CA. ECA is a pain such that it takes time and expense.
I'm wondering if I decline one ITA if selected by FSW, can I continue to the next draw and expect a higher chance of CEC?
I dont think they will give you CEC after you've declined FSW. The only way to make sure you get CEC is to make yourself ineligible in FSW

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

I think POF is not required for both FSW and CEC, did someone have a personal experience that setting the POF to 0 will disqualify FSW without any other changes?

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

mf4361 said:
I dont think they will give you CEC after you've declined FSW. The only way to make sure you get CEC is to make yourself ineligible in FSW
You mean I may receive FSW again in the following draws?

mars_xiao

Star Member
Apr 13, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
Agree, i received 600 points from BC PNP so i didnt claim any points for my foreign degree or anything away from CA. ECA is a pain such that it takes time and expense.
I'm wondering if I decline one ITA if selected by FSW, can I continue to the next draw and expect a higher chance of CEC?
I think your lawyer was correct. Changing funds to 0 doesn't work, I tried. You will still be eligible for FSW.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
I think POF is not required for both FSW and CEC, did someone have a personal experience that setting the POF to 0 will disqualify FSW without any other changes?

Yes I do.. But still need to say NO for valid Job offer ...
In his case.., he can says NO.., because he has PNP which will give him 600 points.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
Did you try to skip FSW in the drawing by this way?

I did not get any ITA yet; I am at 424
But I was qualified for both and I made POF to 0 and said NO for valid job offer
I am now qualified for CEC only with same points.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
Not unless there is a CEC-specific draw. Otherwise, if you are eligible for both, it seems from the experience on this board, you will get FSW.

You should either get the ECA (it isn't that hard and doesn't take that long) or, if you have PNP but no job, say that you do not have a job offer and lower your funds to 0. That should do it.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
You mean I may receive FSW again in the following draws?
Yes.

foobar01

Apr 24, 2015
If you have a Canadian degree, do you still need ECA under FSW for your foreign degree even if you aren't claiming points for it?

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

mf4361 said:
Why don't you want to get chosen for FSW over CEC? the major difference is just proof of fund.
No, not really. There is the PoF requirement, and also the ECA, which is a difficulty here and is not required for CEC. And then, because you get FSW points for "foreign experience", you have to document not only your Canadian jobs, but jobs in other countries. For me, that means 6 reference letters for me and 2 for my spouse, 1 job offer, 1 letter of employment, 2 ECAs - one for me and one for spouse, a letter from my bank, 6 months of bank statements, invoices for a freelance job, 2 T4s and 2 NoAs -- in addition to the stuff everyone has to prove about their Canadian experience, education, IELTS, medical exams, passports, and police reports.

Easier - MUCH easier - to prove a year or two of Canadian experience and the general stuff.

And what is really awful is that I qualify for CEC - and yet, if I am denied PR for some small thing in my FSW application, no one will consider that, if I had been given a CEC ITA, it wouldn't have mattered.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
foobar01 said:
If you have a Canadian degree, do you still need ECA under FSW for your foreign degree even if you aren't claiming points for it?
This is the most critical question.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
I've heard that even if a candidate is chosen by FSW under EE, the ECA is not required if 67 points have been met based on a FSW qualification ranking.

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017
@dobes
Thanks. ECA wasn't in my mind

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yashiro_j said:
I've heard that even if a candidate is chosen by FSW under EE, the ECA is not required if 67 points have been met based on a FSW qualification ranking.
Do you mean you heard it isn't necessary if you can reach the 67 points without points for education? That's interesting...