+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applying CEC, how to avoid FSW?

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015
Hi all,
I have a Canadian Bachelor degree and 2+ years Canadian work experience, so I'm applying under CEC in EE system.
Now, my profile is qualified for CEC, FSW and PNP in EE system as it shows.
Can someone help me to figure out if I can avoid being selected under FSW, as this may require ECA for my foreign degree (I didnt claim points for it), thank you.

OMNI

Jan 30, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: How to avoid FSW?

Mention your Proof of funds are less then $12000 and You will be disqualifed from fsw and makes you eligible for CEC.

kakhileshreddy

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
CELPIP-spouse-sept 23- same day submitted
AOR Received.
sept 14
Med's Request
sept 24-passed/recv'd
Med's Done....
sept 24
Passport Req..
FEB 24

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp

go less than this mentioned..

Proof of funds – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

Note: We update these numbers every year based on 50 per cent of the Low Income Cut-Off totals. If you filled out your Express Entry profile before January 27, 2015, you may have received correspondence that your profile has been reassessed. You may want to double-check that you still have enough money, based on the new cut-off, to support your family if you immigrate to Canada. This change is small but there is a chance it could affect your eligibility.

Unless you are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada, you must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you get to Canada.

You cannot borrow this money from another person. You must be able to use this money to pay the costs of living for your family (even if they are not coming with you).

You will need to show proof to the Canadian visa office in your home country that you have enough money when you apply to immigrate.

The amount of money you need to support your family is set by the size of your family. We update these amounts every year.
Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $11,931
2 $14,853
3 $18,260
4 $22,170
5 $25,145
6 $28,359
7 or more $31,574

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

Thanks for advice.
I'm not sure how CIC determines which group of candidates they will pick.
I mean, if I'm qualified for CEC and having 1000 points, is this 100% sure that I will be picked next draw?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017

yashiro_j said:
Thanks for advice.
I'm not sure how CIC determines which group of candidates they will pick.
I mean, if I'm qualified for CEC and having 1000 points, is this 100% sure that I will be picked next draw?
I believe they give FSW if you qualify both FSW and CEC, from experiences of people on this forum.

Unless CIC decided to screw you up and make your life bad for fun, you are pretty much set with 1000 points.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

Thank you.
It sounds bad if I'm chosen by FSW.
Can this case happen?
I reject the ITA if selected by FSW, and the next draw I will be selected under CEC?

mf4361

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Nov 2015
Nomination.....
12 Oct 2015
AOR Received.
25 Feb 2016
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
28 Oct 2016
Med's Done....
14 Nov 2016
Passport Req..
27 Feb 2017
VISA ISSUED...
15 Mar 2017
LANDED..........
16 Mar 2017

yashiro_j said:
Thank you.
It sounds bad if I'm chosen by FSW.
Can this case happen?
I reject the ITA if selected by FSW, and the next draw I will be selected under CEC?
Why don't you want to get chosen for FSW over CEC? the major difference is just proof of fund.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

mf4361 said:
Why don't you want to get chosen for FSW over CEC? the major difference is just proof of fund.
Hmm, the funds isnt an issue, but the ECA is. I dont want to travel back to get my ECA and it takes time (>60 days) too.

ARMANIZ

Star Member
Mar 5, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

NO POF FOR CEC. RELAX, JUST MAKE THE POF $0.00 YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

ARMANIZ said:
NO POF FOR CEC. RELAX, JUST MAKE THE POF $0.00 YOU ARE GOOD TO GO.
Confirmed with my lawyer that POF is not a factor that affecting the qualification of FSW, confused.

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
Confirmed with my lawyer that POF is not a factor that affecting the qualification of FSW, confused.

Its a factor.. make it 0 and u wont be qualified for FSW anymore..
Its my experience

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

yashiro_j said:
Did you try to skip FSW in the drawing by this way?
First, lower your funds and see what happens. But some people have said that even lowering funds to 0 did not disqualify them from FSW. You can't do the next step, which involves saying you don't have a job offer, because apparently you do have a job offer supported by LMIA, which is giving you 600 points. With no funds and no job offer, people report getting FSW eliminated.

Did you clearly say that you do not have an ECA? Is there a reason you can't get one?

As someone qualified for both, but who got an ITA under FSW, I do wish they would let us choose, at least until they reach their caps. FSW is a pain to document, with reference letters from multiple jobs I haven't worked at in years, bank statements attached to the bank letter, etc.

yashiro_j

Star Member
Mar 13, 2015

dobes said:
First, lower your funds and see what happens. But some people have said that even lowering funds to 0 did not disqualify them from FSW. You can't do the next step, which involves saying you don't have a job offer, because apparently you do have a job offer supported by LMIA, which is giving you 600 points. With no funds and no job offer, people report getting FSW eliminated.

Did you clearly say that you do not have an ECA? Is there a reason you can't get one?

As someone qualified for both, but who got an ITA under FSW, I do wish they would let us choose, at least until they reach their caps. FSW is a pain to document, with reference letters from multiple jobs I haven't worked at in years, bank statements attached to the bank letter, etc.
Agree, i received 600 points from BC PNP so i didnt claim any points for my foreign degree or anything away from CA. ECA is a pain such that it takes time and expense.
I'm wondering if I decline one ITA if selected by FSW, can I continue to the next draw and expect a higher chance of CEC?