+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for BOWP with expired PNP nomination

Discussion in 'Provincial Nomination Program Immigration' started by Georgesand, Feb 11, 2018.

  1. Hello.

    In case anyone has experience or can find confirmation on CIC website.

    I am going to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit. But just realized that my PNP nomination already expired. (I already got AOR though). Do I need to contact PNP to give me a new nomination first?

    I remember reading on CIC website that expired nomination is okay as long as we have AOR but I can no longer find that information :(

    Thank you!
  2. You are right seems like I can't find answer on this question either.
    I am in same situation I got AOR and my nomination certificate will expire soon with no restrictions.I am planning to apply for BOWP but I am confused do I need some kind of support latter from the province or AOR is enough to apply?
  3. any news? i asked one lawer, he said it is okey to use the expired PNP nomination letter to applly the BOWP, is that true?
  4. same situation, any suggestions?
  5. My consultant said it is fine as well. Have talked to some people who did the same and they got approved too. As long as you attach AOR it should be okay.
    forsakendiamond likes this.
  6. Thank you very much!!
  7. Keep Updating here. everyone would get right information about expired PNP. I asked from MPNP and they said that's fine because you have AOR. But anyone from all of you guys applied and got approval just let us know.
  8. Did you get approval????
  9. Hopefully, You got approval till today easily ????
  10. Got it approved a long time ago. Don't worry everyone, as long as you attach AOR and everything else they ask for, you should be fine!
  11. Hey guys sorry to reopen this thread but what did you give in the 'Letter of Support from Province or Terroritory' (Letter from the nominating province or territory that supports the issuance of the work permit.) ?
    I understand that in 'Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC) you have to put the Nomination paper (mine is also expired for a year now) but do you have to get another paper from the province for a job?
    ayaz94 likes this.
  12. I am also looking for the same information. May be its the tab where we have to upload AOR. Awaiting for confirmation who already went through the process.
    Further to that, the Come to Canada tool suggests that the fee associated with it is $155 (not showing open work permit fee)? What is the correct Fee?
  13. Can anyone confirm on this:

    While I am answering the Come to Canada tool it gives me two Option
    Option 1: Open Work Permit
    If I select this i get the following supporting documents:
    b)Medical Exam
    c)Digital Photo
    Fee: $255

    Option 2: Work Permit (in Canada)
    If I select this I get the following document
    a) Passport
    b) Medical Exam
    c) Digital Photo
    d) Offer of Employment
    e) Provincial Nominee Certificate
    f) Letter of Support from Province
    g) Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job being offered
    Fee: $155

    Which one do I have to go for BOWP?
    Appreciate all your help.

Share This Page