+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of BOWP under PNP not CEC

Almagaff

Aug 24, 2014
Hi,

I applied for a BOWP after applying for the CEC without recieving my AOR which I read on this forum is okay to do. My CEC app was returned due to being incomplete but no record was made of it, hence why they did not charge me the 550 dollars. I sent back in my CEC app after an immigration consultant rewrote my app for me but in the mean time CIC saw that I had not applied for anything so they denied my BOWP. This is the letter I got. Now should I make a fuss over this as it ws not the PNP I applied for but the CEC.

This letter refers to your application for a work permit.
Your application as requested is refused.
[X] Foreign Nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent
residence (PR) under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and who meet program eligibility
requirements, may be considered for a bridging open work permit (WP) if their current WP will
soon expire. To be eligible for this bridging open WP, the following must be met:
- You must have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months
- You must currently be in Canada and have made an application for an open Work
Permit
- You have received a positive eligibility decision on your PR application
(Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent to you by the Centralized
Intake Office)
- You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible
for a bridging open work permit)
Your status in Canada was valid until October 30,2014.

Thanks in advance..

yixiaop26

Jul 22, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Almagaff said:
Hi,

I applied for a BOWP after applying for the CEC without recieving my AOR which I read on this forum is okay to do. My CEC app was returned due to being incomplete but no record was made of it, hence why they did not charge me the 550 dollars. I sent back in my CEC app after an immigration consultant rewrote my app for me but in the mean time CIC saw that I had not applied for anything so they denied my BOWP. This is the letter I got. Now should I make a fuss over this as it ws not the PNP I applied for but the CEC.

[X] Foreign Nationals currently in Canada who have submitted an application for permanent
residence (PR) under the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) and who meet program eligibility
requirements, may be considered for a bridging open work permit (WP) if their current WP will
soon expire. To be eligible for this bridging open WP, the following must be met:
- You must have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within four months
Permit
(Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent to you by the Centralized
Intake Office)
- You must submit a letter from the province that nominated you under the Provincial
Nominee Program that DOES NOT stipulate conditions or restrictions indicating you
must work for a Specific Employer, or work Under a Specific National Occupational
Classification Code. (If these stipulations exist on your Nomination, you are NOT eligible

Thanks in advance..
return app no charge . reject have charge , sorry for hear the news

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It was the wrong template they used in your refusal email. Regardless, your CEC application was returned and that means you didn't fulfill the BOWP requirement of positive eligibility of CEC PR application (AOR receipt). And that is most likely the ground for your BOWP refusal.

Phil89

Champion Member
Sep 11, 2014
Almagaff said:
Hi,

Permit
Intake Office)

Thanks in advance..
This part scares me a lot actually... So everyone who applied for PNP under employer driven stream are not eligible for BOWP simply because a nomination latter would have my employer's info...so how are we able to extend our work permits if we need to???

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Almagaff said:
I applied for a BOWP after applying for the CEC without recieving my AOR which I read on this forum is okay to do.

OK. You CAN submit an application any time you want, it is not illegal. But if you don't meet the criteria, it is a waste of time and money.

Discussions on this forum have indicated that IN SOME CASES when the BOWP application is submitted before getting the AOR, they have succeeded, because the AOR is issued before the BOWP application is processed. It is a gamble based on timing. I am certain that no one has ever guaranteed it would work, because the basic requirements must be met. With CEC class applicants, that means the AOR must be issued before the BOWP can be approved.

What happened with your CEC application - returned because it was incomplete - is a risk that you face if you decide to apply for the BOWP before getting the AOR.

I sent back in my CEC app after an immigration consultant rewrote my app for me

You can apply again for the BOWP (assuming you meet all the other requirements) when you get the AOR. Or you can gamble again. If you chose to apply for the BOWP "early," we usually advise submitting the BOWP application on paper, since they take longer to process.

redgdon

Star Member
Feb 3, 2014
Phil89 said:
This part scares me a lot actually... So everyone who applied for PNP under employer driven stream are not eligible for BOWP simply because a nomination latter would have my employer's info...so how are we able to extend our work permits if we need to???
With your PNP support letter that you send with your PR application you also get a letter supporting an application for a two year work permit. This will allow you to extend your current WP to beyond the processing time of your PNP PR application

nessjo

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Doc's Request.
17-10-2014
Nomination.....
20-11-2014
AOR Received.
15-04-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
25-04-2015
Med's Done....
07-05-2015
Hey Phil89 - no, on your PNP nomination letter there will be info about your NOC and the employer that nominated you but there will also be a line saying "Restrictions on Employment". If this says "NO", you can apply for BOWP but if it says "YES" then you can't. Hope this helps.

paplubp

Star Member
Jul 6, 2015
Calgary AB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
06-APR-17
AOR Received.
11-MAY-17
Passport Req..
01-OCT-17
VISA ISSUED...
24-OCT-17
nessjo said:
Hey Phil89 - no, on your PNP nomination letter there will be info about your NOC and the employer that nominated you but there will also be a line saying "Restrictions on Employment". If this says "NO", you can apply for BOWP but if it says "YES" then you can't. Hope this helps.
I need suggestions. I have received my nomination. Currently on implied status. Nomination has no work restriction or employer name. Can I apply for a work permit. Do i need a supporting letter from AINP. thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
paplubp said:
I need suggestions. I have received my nomination. Currently on implied status. Nomination has no work restriction or employer name. Can I apply for a work permit. Do i need a supporting letter from AINP. thanks
I don't know the details of what AINP offers. But if you are on "implied status" (meaning, you have already applied for a new work permit while still on a valid work permit, which has since expired), you are not eligible for a BOWP, unfortunately. To be eligible for a BOWP, you have to apply before the old permit expires (among other criteria)...