+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

PB07SIMER

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Congratulations!

Could you please share the following things with us to better understand our case:
  1. Initial Work Permit length?
  2. Any dependant?
  3. Affected by Covid in any way?
  4. When did your eligibility start?
I would highly appreciate it if you respond. Thanks
My work permit was to be expired on 24th July so i applied on 3rd June got approval on 7th July
I was single applicant
I don’t think so COVID affected .

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
My work permit was to be expired on 24th July so i applied on 3rd June got approval on 7th July
I was single applicant
I don’t think so COVID affected .
Thanks for sharing all the info. Do you have a PR application in process too?

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
I applied federal paper based application
Got my file number last week.
No didn’t applied under tr to pr pathway
Why didn't you apply under express entry? Didn’t you have more than one year of experience? I am asking all these to evaluate my case because I had more than one year of experience and may not need to apply for a pgwp extension under this policy if I have applied for PR earlier. It also means I wasn't affected by COVID at all. But everything got delayed in my case because of the English exam.

I am very concerned because this policy was announced since people were affected by COVID and didn't get enough work experience to be eligible for PR. Even I wasn't affected and had enough work experience earlier to apply for PR. I applied under this policy because I couldn't find anything in the eligibility that says only affected people can apply.

My permit is expiring next week, and I haven't heard anything yet for the PGWP extension, worried if IRCC will approve it or not. If not then I will be out of status, which will create a lot of problems.

Last edited:

PB07SIMER

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
Why didn't you apply under express entry? Didn’t you have more than one year of experience? I am asking all these to evaluate my case because I had more than one year of experience and may not need to apply for a pgwp extension under this policy if I have applied for PR earlier. It also means I wasn't affected by COVID at all. But everything got delayed in my case because of the English exam.

I am very concerned because this policy was announced since people were affected by COVID and didn't get enough work experience to be eligible for PR. Even I wasn't affected and had enough work experience earlier to apply for PR. I applied under this policy because I couldn't find anything in the eligibility that says only affected people can apply.

My permit is expiring next week, and I haven't heard anything yet for the PGWP extension, worried if IRCC will approve it or not. If not then I will be out of status, which will create a lot of problems.
Hello
Bro i am working as long haul truck driver and my job is noc c so i am not eligible for express entry.

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hello
Bro i am working as long haul truck driver and my job is noc c so i am not eligible for express entry.
Oh...thanks for understanding and sharing the info. So, did you put your federal PR application late or did you required a certain amount of work experience first before putting federal PR application? because if you have submitted your PR application at right time and you got your AOR so late, it means you were affected by COVID indirectly.

AAANWAR

Jan 17, 2020
Hi,
Just want to ask about the imm5710e. Does anyone know what to choose for section number 3.
I am applying for one or more of the following:(choices are)
Apply for a work permit with the same employer
Restore my status as a worker
Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
Get a new temporary resident permit
I currently have a Valid PGWP looking to extend my permit under public policy. My permit will expire June 2021.
I currently have a full-time job but planning to leave my job. I tried clicking both highlighted but it wont allow me.

Also on the employment section it is asking for END DATE for my employment. What do I put on the end date section?

Thank you for help.
Hi Hannah,

Which option did you choose?

Thanks

Arpit20

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Applied for PGWP { under public policy } today.

Any processing timelines ?

Did anyone got it approved recently ? What are timelines look like ?

threwaway

Jun 17, 2021
Applied for PGWP { under public policy } today.

Any processing timelines ?

Did anyone got it approved recently ? What are timelines look like ?
Times are constantly increasing. 1.5 - 2 months back, it was like 14-20 days. Currently it is around 40 days. Yours should be approved late august or early September imo.

dolphiner

Jul 13, 2021
Got an answer to the question I submitted above.

hi, did you get an answer to your question as to why it’s only 4 months?

Do people who already for PR get a short extension instead of 18 months?
Hi, Vadim26.
Would you mind sharing the answer you received on your question posted on May 7th, "Will I get 18-month extension FROM the date my PGWP expires or from the date my application for extension gets approved", please?