+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Jun 13, 2021
Hi , Got my work permit extension under public policy approved today for me & spouse.
Timelines:
Original work permit was for 18 months for my masters ( 1 year full time).
PGWP Expiry Date: Oct 1, 2021
Applied on June 1, 2021
Webform raised - July 19 ,2021 ( Since 48 days had passed without any updates and the processing time at time of application was 42 days. So, just sent the webform to inquire)
Application approved - July 20 ,2021.
Total processing time for application ( submission to approve) : 50 days
I haven't received any email yet but my application in profile shows approved and it is valid till January 19, 2023 ( 16 months).
Same application includes my spouse work permit as well ( she was also on open WP as dependent ) and got approved for same duration as mine.

All the best !!

monu030

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
Hello Everyone,

My spouse and my work permit extensions under the public policy got approved today.

Here are the details:
  • Applied on June 9, 2021.
  • The original work permit was valid for three years and expired in mid-July, and since then, we were on Maintained status.
  • Eligibility started yesterday (July 28, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Approved today (July 29, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Also, we submitted new medical, which we gave for our permanent residency application and was less than 12 months old. The Officer hasn't reviewed medical for this application.
  • The total processing time was 50 days.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I will try my best to help you all!

Reactions: Micheal737373

Micheal737373

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hello Everyone,

My spouse and my work permit extensions under the public policy got approved today.

Here are the details:
  • Applied on June 9, 2021.
  • The original work permit was valid for three years and expired in mid-July, and since then, we were on Maintained status.
  • Eligibility started yesterday (July 28, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Approved today (July 29, 2021) (no email received, got to know by login into mycic account).
  • Also, we submitted new medical, which we gave for our permanent residency application and was less than 12 months old. The Officer hasn't reviewed medical for this application.
  • The total processing time was 50 days.

If you have questions, feel free to ask me. I will try my best to help you all!
Oh great. It all ended in praise buddy. Did you get any refunds?