+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hello guys,

I applied for the work permit extension on June 8th, got the AOR mail which said i can continue working till October 10 or when they reach a decision on my application, whichever earlier.

It’s been more than 2 months now, I haven’t heard anything yet? Is anyone here who applied for extension in June & got approved?
Your timeline is longer than others in this forum...Did you try sending webform?

asiancanadian

Nov 8, 2020
Ohh ok..As long as you met all those eligibility criteria there shouldn't be any problem, it will be approved.
I do meet all the eligibility criteria & looking at the comments here it seems like even people who applied in July have received their work permits. Worried why it’s taking them so long to do mine!

Also, does the location you’re from in Canada affect the processing times? & how soon do they respond to the webform?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
I do meet all the eligibility criteria & looking at the comments here it seems like even people who applied in July have received their work permits. Worried why it’s taking them so long to do mine!

Also, does the location you’re from in Canada affect the processing times? & how soon do they respond to the webform?
It takes around 7-14 days for them to respond to webforms from my experience.

SAKTHIVEL1995

Star Member
Aug 18, 2021
Hey Guys! Please help...
Applied for Extension under the public policy on July 27th and my PGWP expires on Nov 22nd.

I am worried as per requirements says to apply by July 27th, so just want to get your opinion if I am eligible ?

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
Hey Guys! Please help...
Applied for Extension under the public policy on July 27th and my PGWP expires on Nov 22nd.

I am worried as per requirements says to apply by July 27th, so just want to get your opinion if I am eligible ?
Going by the dates you are eligible, hope you meet the other requirements as well.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
What is the probability of rejection??
If you have more than 4 months remaining on your current PGWP, then it will be refused. That is most common reason I have seen so far.
Another reason for refusal is not attaching the letter explaining that you applying for work permit under public policy.