+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

anuphat206

Jun 9, 2018
Should have selected apply for an open work permit under a new employer and in your letter of explanation why not precise it is for the new public policy released on the 27th of January 2021 that allows former expired PGWP to apply for a new open work permit?
Now I already got approved on April 29, just 5 days when I resubmit on the same day I got a refusal letter.

I think no matter what you choose "same employer or new employer, but another question asked, don't choose PGWP that made me get rejected. you should choose" an open work permit". and don't forget to attach the letter specified "open work permit under new policy"

Reactions: MatEst

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day everyone, can someone please explain what LMIA is? Does every employer here in Canada offers LMIA? Thank you

Mar 22, 2021
I applied on March 28 and still waiting for approval. Can't wait to go back to work while waiting for CEC PR. Tired of the longgg processing time (CEC PR 9 months now and still no updates) and never been lucky. :(

Acamp1410

Apr 7, 2021
ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-04-2021
AOR Received.
08-04-2021
Med's Done....
24-04-2021
Hello everyone,

I need your help and input about my current situation: I recently submitted my PR application and I'm waiting for the final decision. Now, my PGWP will expire on September 25,2021- should I apply for an extension for my PGWP using open work permit under public policy or should I go with Bridging work permit(BOWP)? Also, I'm a little scared to apply for BOWP because I am getting married this by end of this month, and one of the requirements that they are requiring is the marriage certificate and I was informed by the personnel in the City Hall that it would take up to 12 weeks to release it from Thunder bay. Please help me :(

Last edited:

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello dears,

Will I get 18-month extension FROM the date my PGWP expires or from the date my application for extension gets approved?

priya2194

Dec 20, 2019
Hello everyone!
I need some help and thoughts!
I went to USA in November 2020 and came back to Canada in February 2021. I'm not sure whether I'm eligible to get PGWP extension under this public policy, as I was not present in Canada when this policy rolled out. My PGWP will expire on Nov 22, 2021.

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello dears,

Will I get 18-month extension FROM the date my PGWP expires or from the date my application for extension gets approved?

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Hello dears,

Will I get 18-month extension FROM the date my PGWP expires or from the date my application for extension gets approved

Vadim26

Star Member
Sep 12, 2018
Got an answer to the question I submitted above.

Does anyone have any idea of the processing time? I applied for extension on April 10, 2021 and got a WP-Ext only except PGWP until "August 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first" the following day, April 11, 2021. I'm worried my permit will expire first before the decision has been made.

Also, how come it's only 4 months even though they said it'll be 18 months?
hi, did you get an answer to your question as to why it’s only 4 months?

Do people who already for PR get a short extension instead of 18 months?

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Got an answer to the question I submitted above.

hi, did you get an answer to your question as to why it’s only 4 months?

Do people who already for PR get a short extension instead of 18 months?
I think they just adjusted it to 4 months because they don’t have a final decision yet with the application. Maybe they extend it first so we can still work.

poojan26

Jul 18, 2019
hello
I need your help regarding my initial pgwp.
i have recently completed 1 year course and i want to apply for PGWP.
here anyone got 18 months of pgwp?
i have heard initial application for pgwp getting 18 months of work perit.

thank you.....

angelangel

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hello
If a student's PGWP expired in June 2020. She applied for extension which was refused. Then applied for restoration and visitor visa within Canada which was approved. Can she now apply to extend PGWP under this policy?