+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Apply for an open work permit under a public policy (PGWP extension)

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
I got refused today and these my refused letter below, and I got resubmitted again because I choose something wrong on IMM5710e.
I check with my friend that he got approved. I choose the different thing for him like;

I change from "apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer" to "apply for a work permit with the same employer", and
PGWP to Open work permit"

and added letter specified "I am applying for an Open work permit under new policy"

This letter refers to your application for a Post-Graduate Work Permit.

Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused.

Foreign students in Canada are eligible for a work permit for post-graduation employment on a one-time confirmation exemption that cannot be used again following the completion of any subsequent courses of study. You were formerly issued a work permit for post-graduation employment in 25JUN2018 and as such you are not eligible for another work permit in this category.
Should have selected apply for an open work permit under a new employer and in your letter of explanation why not precise it is for the new public policy released on the 27th of January 2021 that allows former expired pgwp to apply for a new open work permit?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Please let me know if you received any help.. I'm in the same situation, I went to USA in November 2020 and came back to Canada in February 2021. I'm not sure whether I'm eligible to get PGWP extension under this public policy, as I was not present in Canada when this policy rolled out. My PGWP will expire on November 22, 2020.

Please anyone advise?
Has it already expired or you meant 2021?

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
When we are uploading the explanation letter for the public policy, are we going to upload it under client information? Thank you

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day, does anyone of you receive this kind of mail from IRCC??

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number (UCI number) as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until August 24, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

will it take longer for the final decision? Thanks

winev

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
Does anyone have any idea of the processing time? I applied for extension on April 10, 2021 and got a WP-Ext only except PGWP until "August 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first" the following day, April 11, 2021. I'm worried my permit will expire first before the decision has been made.

Also, how come it's only 4 months even though they said it'll be 18 months?

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Hi, does a valid job offer only means LMIA jobs? What if I am not under LMIA? is it no considered as job offer? Thanks

Calm123

Feb 5, 2021
Hey guys, I’ve been following this page, and reading all your comments, which helped me a lot. I applied for extension and restoration on April 25th
Approved: April 30th.