+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
MarkCan said:
Honolulu/Pasi

Since you guys have done your medicals, can ya tell me at what address DMP is supposed to send the medical results? Was the address showing somewhere on your medical forms? Will appreciate if you can tell me the address if you know. Thanks

Mark

Mark, I understand it is the Regional Medical Center that is concerned with the applicant's location.
In our case (Buffalo applicants) its Ottawa.

I do not remember the address being on my forms.
Your DMP should have the address and other associated instructions. In any case he/she should only be relying on the DMP handbook prepared by the CIC.

Here's a link to the DMP handbook from the CIC webiste. It tells about the various Regional Med Centers and their addresses across the globe:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/resources/publications/dmp-handbook/appendix-01.asp

PS: If you go back one page on that linked location - hit "Previous" at bottom of page - you will see that there are instructions (paragraph 11.3) to send all the papers after the medical examination to the Regional Medical Center concerned with the applicant's location.

I

igtar

MarkCan said:
Igtar,

At what address did your DMP send the medical results? Is the address mentioned on the medical forms? I presume you did your medicals in the U.S.

Thanks
Mark
I have not done those yet, I'm scheduled for next week. I will share my experience with all of you guys.

AppforCan

Jul 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Buffalo AOR 30JUL2009
File Transfer...
27April2010 to NY
Thanks MarkCan, Garian4u , Pasi , professional1 and all others for providing useful information and posts time to time. It is really very long drawn process for us who have apps in Buffalo but we all should keep the hope alive. I had my application submitted in Jan 2009 (Buffalo AOR july 2009) till now the only update is that they transfered it to NY in 27 April 2009...And to think of it , this is my second application, (My first apps was in Early 2008.(I dont even remember the date now) ..but after Feb 2008 when they changed the rule.(with the category)...they just sat on it from then to Nov 2008 and in early 2009 said that they cannot process according to new rules. (I could have my NOC in either way as our work profile is very broad).

Hope for all of us that the painful efforts that we all are putting in would bear fruits in near future and as MarkCan said we could enjoy and cherish these talks then! :)

- AppforCan

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AppforCan said:
Thanks MarkCan, Garian4u , Pasi , professional1 and all others for providing useful information and posts time to time. It is really very long drawn process for us who have apps in Buffalo but we all should keep the hope alive. I had my application submitted in Jan 2009 (Buffalo AOR july 2009) till now the only update is that they transfered it to NY in 27 April 2009...And to think of it , this is my second application, (My first apps was in Early 2008.(I dont even remember the date now) ..but after Feb 2008 when they changed the rule.(with the category)...they just sat on it from then to Nov 2008 and in early 2009 said that they cannot process according to new rules. (I could have my NOC in either way as our work profile is very broad).

Hope for all of us that the painful efforts that we all are putting in would bear fruits in near future and as MarkCan said we could enjoy and cherish these talks then! :)

- AppforCan
AppforCan, I believe, you meant you submitted your application in June 2009, rather than Jan 2009 :) And I believe your file was transferred to NY on 27 Apr 2010 rather than 2009 ;) Hope and patience is only thing left in our control, rest is with Buffaslow, even though for you it's now with NYslow

I

igtar

Hi guys, just a general thought about medical at Ottawa…

Since Buffalo, Detroit, NY, etc started moving faster and sent out more med requests in a last month or so I would think it would be reasonable to assume that Ottawa got more work to do which is slowing process down and takes longer for them to review results and pass them over back to IOs. Make sense?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
That was a useful thread garian. Here is another one for yall. Just to show ya that until you enter the country with the PPR, it is all still an illusion. Just because you get medicals or they ask you for RPRF or send a passport request can sometimes mean NOTHING.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-in-interviewafter-medicalrprfpassport-requesthelp-t44353.0.html

This guy has been rejected after medicals, RPRF and passport request. It is so VERY UNPREDICTABLE.

Mark
I agree with you, when you say, it is unpredictable, but they have a reason to refuse this guy, and they told him their reason. I know, there is no guaranteed fact in this life except "death", but still Mark, people unfortunatly do not say the truth about their situations. many applicants keep claiming that they were rejected at the last step for no reason, and after a while, you find out by chance that they have not sent documents required by the visa officers, or hid something which was detected by the immigration officers.

Do you really think this is a reason to get refused in the FSW category ! "cannot prove that your marrage is genuine ! unless there is really something wrong" !

I would like you just to track his previous posts on the following link to see that his situation is even unclear. He said that there was a charge pressed against him in the police station and he is afraid that it might affect his application ! :

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/kamaljun009-u43621.html;sa,showPosts;start,0

He said that he missed the letter asking for the passport !

He said that they asked him for an interview, and to bring all of his documents again in the interview, so they do not only have doubts about his marriage, also about everything in his file !

With all respect to him, his situation is not clear, and i personally doubt the reason he claims for his refusal.

In my opinion, with all respect to all people, do not believe all online claims, people sometimes create fake stories for unknown reasons.

Have a look at the following example:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/look-at-that-guy-on-trackitt-t39340.0.html;msg265481#msg265481

Just do your best, and depend on god, you will be always in the safe side.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Honolulu/Pasi

Since you guys have done your medicals, can ya tell me at what address DMP is supposed to send the medical results? Was the address showing somewhere on your medical forms? Will appreciate if you can tell me the address if you know. Thanks

Mark

The address is not written in the medical form, it is written in the attached letter requesting the medical test containing the instructions of doing it.

This is the address:

"Director Health program (RNH), Citizenship and Immigration Canada, Canadian building, 219 Laurier Avenue. West, 3rd floor, Ottawa, Ontario, K1A 1L1"

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igtar said:
Hi guys, just a general thought about medical at Ottawa...

Since Buffalo, Detroit, NY, etc started moving faster and sent out more med requests in a last month or so I would think it would be reasonable to assume that Ottawa got more work to do which is slowing process down and takes longer for them to review results and pass them over back to IOs. Make sense?
I agree.

sidcan

Jun 11, 2010
Hi,

Can someone please help me with my question/confusion... Do you think it will be ok to send the passports for visa stamping to LA office that expires in Oct 2010 if we are planning to do the landing in Aug or Sept or should we get it renewed and then send it

the text from the email says "Passports should be valid for at least the next 6 months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada. "

Please help..

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Hi Sidcan,
Congrats on the PPR!!
What was the date of the request letter from the consulate?
You should count your 6 months from then.
Do renew it if it is less than 6 months, the process should not take much time.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sidcan said:
Hi,

Can someone please help me with my question/confusion... Do you think it will be ok to send the passports for visa stamping to LA office that expires in Oct 2010 if we are planning to do the landing in Aug or Sept or should we get it renewed and then send it

the text from the email says "Passports should be valid for at least the next 6 months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada. "

Please help..

From what i know is that the passport has to be valid for at least 6 months. If you are sure the letter sent to you for the PPR is saying that it is ok to send the passport with less than 6 months validity, it will be the first time for me to hear about it.

My advice, is to renew the passport if you have enough time to do so in order to avoid any unpredictable events.

Anyway, you should have done that long time ago, but you waited so long i do not know why.

Good luck.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
sidcan said:
Hi,

Please help..
There are pro's and con's to renewing the passport at this stage. Let us say you do it and for some reason it takes long to get the passport back, you will then miss the immigration bus. On the other hand, if you don't renew and it takes longer at CIC to get your passports stamped, you end up getting the passport back because CIC won't stamp a visa on an expired passport. This passport should have been renewed sometime back in anticipation of this event. Anyway, the final decision has to be yours. Think thoroughly and go ahead with it.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Thanks Honolulu/Pro1/Igtar for answering my question. I called the DMP and the lady told me she does not know the address where it needs to be send and it is written on the forms. I checked the forms but none is given.

Finally, I checked the DMP handbook that it goes to Ottawa. I will be taking an appointment for medicals next week.

Has anyone heard some horror stories about medicals? Like being asked to strip naked and having your private parts checked? Some posts on canadavisa give that impression.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Also, good luck to you Sidcan. You are the first person on this thread to receive PPR request from Buffalo. Looks like we will be seeing quite a few from now on. Keep us posted on how the whole process ended. Cheers.

Mark

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
LANDED..........
December 29th
Relax Mark,
Most DMPs are pretty cool with the whole process.
Its certainly not a strip search,lol!!!