+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Relax Mark,
Most DMPs are pretty cool with the whole process.
Its certainly not a strip search,lol!!!
Read this post Honolulu. You will laugh your ass out.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/should-be-full-nude-while-medical-check-up-t39495.0.html

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
MarkCan said:
Read this post Honolulu. You will laugh your ass out.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/should-be-full-nude-while-medical-check-up-t39495.0.html
This thread is hilarious!!

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
jattu1980 said:
I just checked my eCas status. The status is now In Process dated June 1st, 2010. Hopefully, meds and rprf soon to follow...I see other people have been progressing nicely from NY...it is great to know that :)
Our status is quite close. My file was transferred on May 11th to NY, NY and on e-cas the status changed to "In process" on May 28th.
Hopefully the files go a faster route!! :D

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
MarkCan said:
Guys,

I had this really weird flash of an idea. This is especially holding good for members who have been a part of this thread since its inception and the new members who contribute regularly -- I mean pro1 (old), honolulu (old), rahmanrahat (old), garian (new member), beauhoe (new), me2land (new), Igtar (new), Anil_Toronto and some more of you (sorry if I have forgotten any names). God willing, if all of us get our visas and if most of us end up in Toronto or nearby areas (Windsor/Mississauga/Brampton etc.), we should catch up one of these days and have a "CanadaVisa Buffalo Forum" party. Pro1 can suggest a good place to catch up and meet for beer/drinks etc (since he lives in Canada) and knows about Toronto) and we can reminisce about our agonizing good ole days on CanadaVisa. Ha! Ha! :) Cheers.

Mark
Hey Mark!!

Great thoughts by you, was away the whole week and i see, i did miss some great details/info on here!!

I wish everyone gets along in this quest on Immigration sooner and we get to share some good times.

God bless us all!!!

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Has anyone heard some horror stories about medicals? Like being asked to strip naked and having your private parts checked? Some posts on canadavisa give that impression.

Mark

In my case, there was no nudity at all.

They might ask the applicant to take off some of his cloths, only if there are any symptoms showing during the general test which need more tests whether by looking at some parts of the body or by asking for more blood tests.

Here is how it goes exactly:

General test "no nudity unless there are some symptoms need to be checked.
Urine test.
Blood test.

For the blood test:

HIV and Syphilis only.

They do not conduct any other kind of blood test unless you mentioned that you have any other disease or have suffered from any one in the past, or the doctor has noticed any symptoms on your body during the general check (red or yellow eyes, or on your skin, or up normal size of the liver "hyperplasia of liver" which can be detected by pressing the liver area by the doctor during the general check on the body...etc) which gives an indicator that you might have a certain kind of infection or disease.

Otherwise, as i mentioned above, only HIV, and Syphilis.

You will see the kind of the blood tests you are going to do in the blood test form which will be given to you by the doctor to give it to the blood lab to conduct the blood test.

By the way, i have done the medical test for Canada twice in two different countries, one for a student visa and the other was for the Permanent residence and both of them were exactly the same.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Guys,

I had this really weird flash of an idea. This is especially holding good for members who have been a part of this thread since its inception and the new members who contribute regularly -- I mean pro1 (old), honolulu (old), rahmanrahat (old), garian (new member), beauhoe (new), me2land (new), Igtar (new), Anil_Toronto and some more of you (sorry if I have forgotten any names). God willing, if all of us get our visas and if most of us end up in Toronto or nearby areas (Windsor/Mississauga/Brampton etc.), we should catch up one of these days and have a "CanadaVisa Buffalo Forum" party. Pro1 can suggest a good place to catch up and meet for beer/drinks etc (since he lives in Canada) and knows about Toronto) and we can reminisce about our agonizing good ole days on CanadaVisa. Ha! Ha! :) Cheers.

Mark
Great idea!

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
MarkCan said:
Thanks Honolulu/Pro1/Igtar for answering my question. I called the DMP and the lady told me she does not know the address where it needs to be send and it is written on the forms. I checked the forms but none is given.

Finally, I checked the DMP handbook that it goes to Ottawa. I will be taking an appointment for medicals next week.

Has anyone heard some horror stories about medicals? Like being asked to strip naked and having your private parts checked? Some posts on canadavisa give that impression.

Mark

MarkCan - DMP will be sending the results to the Ottawa address. I do not have it handy, but if you need I can get it. And about the medicals, yes I had my private parts checked by the doctor. They would check for Hernia. Canada is mainly against few diseases like Hernia, Tuberclosis and AIDS. That is all they would check in the medicals. Blood test to check for HIV, Xray for TB and physical examination for the rest..

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Thanks Honolulu/Pro1/Igtar for answering my question. I called the DMP and the lady told me she does not know the address where it needs to be send and it is written on the forms. I checked the forms but none is given.

Finally, I checked the DMP handbook that it goes to Ottawa. I will be taking an appointment for medicals next week.

Mark
Here is what happens to me at my medical day. My wife decided not to go so I went there with the kids. I promised not to tell my story to anybody but since you guys brought it up, I would like to share my experience even though it wasn't really funny. First I wasn't aware that I was going to expose my private part so mentally I wasn't ready. Everything was going well until I finished my x-ray and went back to the room where my kids were at. Two ladies were in the room with my kids. The one that has been going through the whole procedure with us decided to take my daughters outside of the room and my son and I faced a new lady (35-40). How are you doing today Sir? Would like like that your son wait for you outside too? “Nea” I said. I was asked to lay down on a table and she touched my bally, later she asked me to sit down and she touched my knees and legs. Finally she asked me to stand up and take off my pants. She scrubbed down gently my underwear and before she asked me to turn my head a side and cough, my libido kicks in and my "jaguar" was right there near her nose. She jumped back and exclaimed wow! I looked at her and I could see her looking at my son in the corner of her right eye. I wondered what was going on in her mind. Hard to find an answer to her reaction and exclamation I busted in laugh and I could not complete my cough. She smile at me, pulled my underwear back up and told me that I am really healthy. On our way home, my son asked me why the lady was surprised? We look at each other and we start laughing.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
beauhoe said:
Here is what happens to me at my medical day. My wife decided not to go so I went there with the kids. I promised not to tell my story to anybody but since you guys brought it up, I would like to share my experience even those it wasn't really funny. First I wasn't aware that I was going to expose my private part so mentally I wasn't ready. Everything was going well until I finished my x-ray and went back to the room where my kids were at. Two ladies were in the room with my kids. The one that has been going through the whole procedure with us decided to take my daughters outside the room and my son and I faced a new lady (35-40). How are you doing today Sir? Would like like that your son go wait for you outside too? “Nea” I said. I was asked to lay down on a table and she touched my bally, later she asked me to sit down and she touched my knees and legs. Finally she asked me to stand up and take off my pants. She scrubbed down gently my underwear and before she asked me to turn my head a side and cough, my libido kicks in and my "jaguar" was right there near her nose. She jumped back and exclaimed wow! I looked at her and I could see her looking at my son in the corner of her right eye. I wondered what was going on in her mind. Hard to find an answer to her reaction and exclamation I busted in laugh and I could not complete my cough. She smile at me, pulled my underwear back up and told me that I am really healthy. On our way home, my son asked me why the lady was surprised? We look at each other and we start laughing.
Guess different people are having different experiences in their medical examination. I have read other posts too, and it seems some people are asked to remove clothing while some get lucky and don't need to do the same. Let us see what happens.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Pasi said:
MarkCan - DMP will be sending the results to the Ottawa address. I do not have it handy, but if you need I can get it. And about the medicals, yes I had my private parts checked by the doctor. They would check for Hernia. Canada is mainly against few diseases like Hernia, Tuberclosis and AIDS. That is all they would check in the medicals. Blood test to check for HIV, Xray for TB and physical examination for the rest..
Sure, if you can Pasi. Thanks!

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi beauhoe,

How come your wife did not go with you to do the medical test ! it is mandatory by CIC that all of your dependents must undergo the medical test whether they are accompanying you or not ! how did it work with you this way !

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
Guess different people are having different experiences in their medical examination. I have read other posts too, and it seems some people are asked to remove clothing while some get lucky and don't need to do the same. Let us see what happens.

Mark
Mark you are a lucky man so your medical will not be bad as mine.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Hi beauhoe,

How come your wife did not go with you to do the medical test ! it is mandatory by CIC that all of your dependents must undergo the medical test whether they are accompanying you or not ! how did it work with you this way !
I think that is the reason why my PPR is taking time...

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Is she not accompanying you to canada ?
She made her mind not to go at this stage of the whole thing. It is very difficult to deal with…