+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
She made her mind not to go at this stage of the whole thing. It is very difficult to deal with...

Oh, why at this stage ! do you know that Buffalo is the only canadian visa office recently allows the applicants to make any of their family members not to undergo the medical exam by signing the declaration related to that regard in their document checklist, but they are warning at the same time that if you do so, you will not be able to sponser her under the family class category in the future. Therefore, if she wants to immigrate to canada, she will have to do so on her own, you will have nothing to do for her to make it easier !

I think yes, that is the reason of delaying your PPR. That was a big mistake !

Anyway, wish you both the best of luck.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Oh, why at this stage ! do you know that Buffalo is the only canadian visa office recently allows the applicants to make any of their family members not undergo the medical exam by signing the declaration related to that regard in their document checklist, but they are warning at the same time that if you do so, you will not be able to sponser her under the family class category in the future. Therefore, if she wants to immigrate to canada, she will have to do so on her own, you will have nothing to do for her to make it easier !

Yes and I filed "Clarification of Regulation 117(9)(d) - Exclusion from Membership in the Family Class" to Detroit because the file was already transferred.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Oh, why at this stage ! do you know that Buffalo is the only canadian visa office recently allows the applicants to make any of their family members not undergo the medical exam by signing the declaration related to that regard in their document checklist, but they are warning at the same time that if you do so, you will not be able to sponser her under the family class category in the future. Therefore, if she wants to immigrate to canada, she will have to do so on her own, you will have nothing to do for her to make it easier !

Maybe Detroit sent my file back to Buffalo to get that solved.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
Maybe Detroit sent my file back to Buffalo to get that solved.
Oh no, when i said that Buffalo is the only office allows this issue, i meant Buffalo and its followers, because all of the local visa offices in the USA are followers to Buffalo "the regional proccessing center there". Therefore, if Buffalo allows doing so, all of them will do the same.

I just meant that it is unusual for the canadian visa offices around the world to allow an applicant makes any of his dependents not to undergo the medical test, and even Buffalo, they just updated their document checklist to show this new procedure by the beginning of this year, that is why i am saying this issue might be the reason of delaying your PRR because it is a new procedure to be conducted by the visa office.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Oh no, when i said that Buffalo is the only office allows this issue, i meant Buffalo and its followers, because all of the local visa offices in the USA are followers to Buffalo "the regional proccessing center there". Therefore, if Buffalo allows doing so, all of them will do the same.

I just meant that it is unusual for the canadian visa offices around the world to allow an applicant make any of his dependents not undergo the medical test, and even Buffalo, they just updated their documents checklist to show that new instruction only by the beginning of this year, that is why i am saying this issue might be the reason of delaying your PRR because it is a new procedure to be conducted by the visa office.
Yes, when I was applying that declaration wasn't there. Lucky me...

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
I know of a friend who had to divorce his wife in order to get his Canadian PR. She refused to undergo medicals and then Buffalo told him he can't immigrate unless he divorces his wife or she joins too. He chose the option of "divorce". Strange case, but nevertheless true. It was very agonizing for him. Sigh

Mark

I

igtar

professional 1 said:

I just meant that it is unusual for the canadian visa offices around the world to allow an applicant makes any of his dependents not to undergo the medical test, and even Buffalo, they just updated their document checklist to show this new procedure by the beginning of this year, that is why i am saying this issue might be the reason of delaying your PRR because it is a new procedure to be conducted by the visa office.
Beauhoe,

Respect your mutual decision however completely agree with Professional - things like that complicate your case and possibly slow the process. Good luck!
Igtar

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
I know of a friend who had to divorce his wife in order to get his Canadian PR. She refused to undergo medicals and then Buffalo told him he can't immigrate unless he divorces his wife or she joins too. He chose the option of "divorce". Strange case, but nevertheless true. It was very agonizing for him. Sigh

Mark
At this point my wife told me that Canada is not a good country and friends have been telling her that she should not be listen to me. I think the divorce is the only option that I have on my plate and I am going for it because we both should feel free to do whatever we want to do. For ten good years, I was there for her looking after her. My concern is the kids, unfortunately my wife is not thinking straight.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:

Mark
Which year was that?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
igtar said:
Beauhoe,

Respect your mutual decision however completely agree with Professional - things like that complicate your case and possibly slow the process. Good luck!
Igtar
That explains why my PPR is taking time.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
beauhoe said:
Which year was that?
He got it in 2010. She refused to get fingerprinted or undergo medicals. I think he saw bright future in Canada while she saw it in USA. If two people don't agree, it makes no sense to pretend to be "together" [especially in their case]. In fact, she was more than happy to let him go.

Mark

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe said:
At this point my wife told me that Canada is not a good country and friends have been telling her that she should not be listen to me. I think the divorce is the only option that I have on my plate and I am going for it because we both should feel free to do whatever we want to do. For ten good years, I was there for her looking after her. My concern is the kids, unfortunately my wife is not thinking straight.
I have a question for you that might give you an important indicator about what is going on with your case in the visa office:

Did you receive medical form from the visa office for her with you and the kids ?

If yes, did you send them the signed declartion for not accompanying her to canada before or after you receive the medical forms ?(i am assuming that your answer is yes for the first part of the question and she was included in the medical forms sent to you by the visa office)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MarkCan said:
He got it in 2010. She refused to get fingerprinted or undergo medicals. I think he saw bright future in Canada while she saw it in USA. If two people don't agree, it makes no sense to pretend to be "together" [especially in their case]. In fact, she was more than happy to let him go.

Mark
This is horrible but I have a decision to make here. I think long time ago she made her mind to rule my life and my career; she is asking for everything but never ready to give anything back. My problem is that I do believe in marriage but I am stocked in her attitude. I am afraid that a divorce will not allow me to spend maximum time with my children. Nevertheless, I have to draw a line in the sand. I think she is targeting my house but I am ready to give her whatever she wants to free myself. The problem will be my kids that I love so much.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
I have a question for you that might give you an important indicator about what is going on with your case in the visa office:

Did you receive medical form from the visa office for her with you and the kids ?

If yes, did you send them the signed declartion for not accompanying her to canada before or after you receive the medical forms ?(i am assuming that your answer is yes for the first part of the question and she was included in the medical forms sent to you by the visa office)
Yes, we both got our section A and from that point she becomes radical. I took the kids and we went for the DMP appointment. I tried to explain to her the gravity of her decision and she refused to chage her mind. I then filed Clarification of Regulation 117(9)(d) - Exclusion from Membership in the Family Class two days after medicals. On May 11, 2010 I received email from my VO saying medical results have been received and PPR will be send soon. On May 17th ecas changed to medical results have been received and ever since I have been waiting...

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beauhoe,

It means"100%" that is the reason of delaying your PPR because they need more time to decide whether to accept or refuse your request "the declartion".

I am afraid that they did not notice your declartion, and by mistake confirmed the receipt of your medicals and found out later in the final review of the application that her medical results are not included.

Anyway, my opinion is: wait for more two weeks, and if nothing has happened from there side, contact them again because it will mean that there is a problem related to your wife delaying your application process.