+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am a new member of this website. I got my medical request on 30th April, 2010 and I went through medical test on 25th May. I have applied for immigration under NOC 2282 FSW3. I have one year experience under noc 2282. Recently I got a new job under noc 2281 and I have informed CIC about my new job. I have started my new job in last October. CIC requested my work experience letter. I am wondering whether changing my noc will cause a problem my application.

Thanks in advance.

Pasi

Champion Member
Sep 24, 2009
Toronto
MarkCan said:
Guys,

I had this really weird flash of an idea. This is especially holding good for members who have been a part of this thread since its inception and the new members who contribute regularly -- I mean pro1 (old), honolulu (old), rahmanrahat (old), garian (new member), beauhoe (new), me2land (new), Igtar (new), Anil_Toronto and some more of you (sorry if I have forgotten any names). God willing, if all of us get our visas and if most of us end up in Toronto or nearby areas (Windsor/Mississauga/Brampton etc.), we should catch up one of these days and have a "CanadaVisa Buffalo Forum" party. Pro1 can suggest a good place to catch up and meet for beer/drinks etc (since he lives in Canada) and knows about Toronto) and we can reminisce about our agonizing good ole days on CanadaVisa. Ha! Ha! :) Cheers.

Mark

Great idea dude.. we ll do it once we are in Canada..

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If anyone has time, go through this. It is amazing and has very good details
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/my-landing-experience-and-observations-t41271.0.html

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
That was a useful thread garian. Here is another one for yall. Just to show ya that until you enter the country with the PPR, it is all still an illusion. Just because you get medicals or they ask you for RPRF or send a passport request can sometimes mean NOTHING.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-in-interviewafter-medicalrprfpassport-requesthelp-t44353.0.html

This guy has been rejected after medicals, RPRF and passport request. It is so VERY UNPREDICTABLE.

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
tamkah said:
Hi Guys,

I am a new member of this website. I got my medical request on 30th April, 2010 and I went through medical test on 25th May. I have applied for immigration under NOC 2282 FSW3. I have one year experience under noc 2282. Recently I got a new job under noc 2281 and I have informed CIC about my new job. I have started my new job in last October. CIC requested my work experience letter. I am wondering whether changing my noc will cause a problem my application.

Thanks in advance.
The way I understand it, NO, it won't cause any problems. You have applied under 2282 and have shown the requisite experience of 1 year. That is all that matters to CIC. A new job will not change their selection criterion as long as you meet the basic criteria of at least 1 year experience in the 38 occupations listed and have at least 67 points (calculated properly).

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu said:
Mark, I find yours an absolutely superb idea!!!
Also I see that the forum has crossed 100 information packed pages.

Here's a collective "Hoorrray" to you for bringing us all together by initiating this thread.

Godspeed all, may the best news unfold soon!!
Yeah buddy, seems like yesterday. How time flies by. It has been around 8 months since I started this thread. Some of us have stuck around. Others just faded away into oblivion (one even got the U.S. GC in the process and left the forum). Cheers to us!

Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
garian4u said:
Mark,

That is a great idea. In fact nothing weird about it. I can't recall at this time, but another thread people did just that. I will search and let you guys know about that. It was started by a person who gave a very detailed description of his landing experience and was followed up by people who knew him from filing days. In fact peole who were just nicknames before that including really senior members like pmm, actually called up this guy and helped him come to terms with the initial hardships and also met with him. Sound straight out of a movie, but that's what happened. So, I give a thumbs up to Mark's idea. Hey Mark, look at the thread "FBI Clearance in US" and you will know the latest. If you can't get digital fingerprinting, and have to do the conventional way, then make sure you get at least 2 sets of fingerprints, say expedited request on cover letter and on outside of envelope, use mode of payment only cashier's cheque. I can assure that you will get it in 7-8 weeks.
Thanks garian. That is what I did last time too. I sent them two sets and they returned one back. And yes, I wrote em cashier's check. Good info though! Thank you.

Mark

tamkah

Jun 11, 2010
Thank you, Mark. I appreciate your help.

My timeline:
Applied in Buffalo: Sep, 2009.
AOR: Oct, 2009.
In Process: 28 April, 2010.
Medical request: 30 April, 2010.
Medical Done: 25 May, 2010 (myself) and 29 May, 2010 (my wife).

I have done my education and work from here, so I don't have to worry 38 jobs. Thanks Mark.

sidcan

Jun 11, 2010
Hello to all the wonderful people in this forum and particularly this thread..my first time around on this or any forum for that matter..I have been following this thread right from the beginning and this has helped me on each and every step. You guys are doing a great job !!
My file was transfered from Buffalo to LA on March 17th, received medical request on April 19th and status changed to "In Process", completed medicals on May 17th and the results sent out on May 21st by the DMP- reached Ottawa on May 25th (same as Pro 1). I was pleasantly surprised to see an email yesterday morning from LA office for PPR.. :)

Can you guys please help me understand the meaning of one line in the email.it says " Passports should be valid for at least the next 6 months, or at least until the date of your intended travel to Canada." Me and my husband are interpreting this line in two different ways and would like to hear from you guys. My husband's passport expires in Oct 2010 and we plan to land in August or September so I feel we should be okay but my husband feels that we need to have atleast 6 months of passport validity. We are debating whether to renew the passport or send it as it is..we would appreciate your help and I wish you all the best of luck with your PR applications !!

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu/Pasi

Since you guys have done your medicals, can ya tell me at what address DMP is supposed to send the medical results? Was the address showing somewhere on your medical forms? Will appreciate if you can tell me the address if you know. Thanks

Mark

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Hi Sidcan,

CONGRATUALTIONS

Thats a great news for all of US . Wish you good luck....

I

igtar

MarkCan said:
Guys,

I had this really weird flash of an idea. This is especially holding good for members who have been a part of this thread since its inception and the new members who contribute regularly -- I mean pro1 (old), honolulu (old), rahmanrahat (old), garian (new member), beauhoe (new), me2land (new), Igtar (new), Anil_Toronto and some more of you (sorry if I have forgotten any names). God willing, if all of us get our visas and if most of us end up in Toronto or nearby areas (Windsor/Mississauga/Brampton etc.), we should catch up one of these days and have a "CanadaVisa Buffalo Forum" party. Pro1 can suggest a good place to catch up and meet for beer/drinks etc (since he lives in Canada) and knows about Toronto) and we can reminisce about our agonizing good ole days on CanadaVisa. Ha! Ha! :) Cheers.

Mark
Great idea, by the way, I’m going Canada next week for a few days…

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Igtar,

At what address did your DMP send the medical results? Is the address mentioned on the medical forms? I presume you did your medicals in the U.S.

Thanks
Mark

I

igtar

MarkCan said:
That was a useful thread garian. Here is another one for yall. Just to show ya that until you enter the country with the PPR, it is all still an illusion. Just because you get medicals or they ask you for RPRF or send a passport request can sometimes mean NOTHING.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rejected-in-interviewafter-medicalrprfpassport-requesthelp-t44353.0.html

This guy has been rejected after medicals, RPRF and passport request. It is so VERY UNPREDICTABLE.

Mark
Hi Mark,

I would not worry about it for two reasons. The main one is that it looks like a very specific case – change of family status while in process. Secondly, London, UK visa office works differently, it is not uncommon for them to ask for passports, fees and medical at the same time which I never heard of at US.
Also, I want to stress it out again – I was told last year by immigration lawyer in London, Ontario that once you get medical request while in US your case is pretty much done deal unless there are problems with security check.

Good luck to everyone!

Igtar