+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
enzodino said:
I don't know what an ecas is i'm afraid. what is it?

Go to this link and write all of your information there to see your online status:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

And tell us please what is writen in your e-case

enzodino

Mar 28, 2008
AH! now i know what you mean. I gave up on trying to find info through this route. I have a number that begins with the letter 'B', but whenever i try to enter the info it just says ' we cannot identify you using the info you have provided' so I just gave up. Is the 'B' xxxx-xxxx-x number an immigration file number or reciept number? It's the number i have on the top of my first letter advising me that application has been recieved..

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is an Immigration file number

and make sure that your family name is spelt correctly along with your date of birth same exactly as it is writen in their files

My file number from Buffalo was showing the same last week : we are not able to identify you using.........etc

Today morning they activated the file number and updated my information

enzodino

Mar 28, 2008
ok, it worked this time. the issue was that i was putting birthplace as 'united kingdom' rather than 'ENGLAND'

It just says 'in process' and then when you click on that it says 'we started processing your application on Aug 24th'

Not much info really.... i'm guessing that becasue my doctor told me that he has informed the immigration guys that there are no issues with my medical tests, that it should now just be a matter of time. Unless anyone knows of anything else that could go wrong at this stage?

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyway, i think you will be receiving your passport request within 2 or 3 months or less than that, don't forget that the e-case status does not show the exact situation for your application, it needs mor time to be updated, so your actual progress in the application is away accomplished than the e-case status

Good luck man am very happy for you.

enzodino

Mar 28, 2008
Thanks! I thought that may be the case. It seems as though they only update once more post medical reciept, so I guess I will just wait for them to give me a shout. I have a current positive LMO and work offer from my current employer, so I guess I can just show that when i am coming back across the border and they should just issue me with a work permit until the perm residency comes through. My current work permit has expired, but I am still under 'implied status'

Good luck all...it's worth the wait!

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
@ professional 1:

I have gone through the similar e-case status like u today morning...they r showing the same lines as u wrote.
Do u have any idea that How long does it usually take for this eligibility review to be completed by Buffalo ?
Plz share.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
zoom84:

Don't even bother looking at the timeline. If you look at the bottom of the timeline page, you will notice that they don't even modify that page for months altogether. Anyway, back to your question. Since you already have been issued a file #, now you just need to get the green signal from Buffalo with regard to your application. Your application is pending review. If they find you eligible, they will give you the go-ahead for medicals. Once medicals are over, you send the CIC Buffalo your passport and get the visa stamped. Buffalo is concentrating on applications from provincial and other application, so FSW applications will have a long wait.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
enzodino's case is slightly different because he is already working in Canada. Preference is ALWAYS given to applicants who are already working in Canada and contributing to its economy. Hence he has had his processing work done faster than applicants who applied from USA but are not working in Canada.

shrespn

Sep 15, 2009
Visa Office......
Buffalo (Now Los Angeles)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2009
Doc's Request.
17-07-2009
AOR Received.
21-07-2009
File Transfer...
04-12-2010
zoom.84,
You mentioned "As per the CIC website, the next milestone in the process is “VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE”. " in your post. Can you provide a link in the CIC website where you found this information? I had a hard time finding it.

Thanks in advance.

zoom.84 said:
Thanks Markcan for ur advice.
I have one more question regarding this.
As I mentioned in my last post that I have submitted my application to Buffalo Visa office and they have confirmed receipt of the application & gave me a new file number. The current status of my application is now shown as “RECEIVED BY VISA OFFICE”. As per the CIC website, the next milestone in the process is “VISA OFFICE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW COMPLETE”.
How long does it usually take for this eligibility review to be completed ?

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Go to this link and write all of your information there to see your online status:

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

And plz share with us what is writen in your e-case.

Thanks.

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
Thanks MarkCan for ur reply.
Can u plz share ur case status with us !!! If u don't mind.
Thanks again.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zoom.84,

Are you in canada ?

I hope that they speed up the processing time for applicants who live in canada.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
zoom.84:

Applied in April, completed the Sydney and Buffalo AOR hurdles by May. Waiting for further action.