+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
proffesional 1 ,

But the problem is if I would cross my lawyer and later on buffalo answers my e mail to my lawyer as well then I would be in a real time trouble beacuse then she can do more worse things with my case by thinking that I trying to be smart.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this point, i agree with you, but why did you choose to file your application with a lawyer !! that is what i hate about using representatives, they double the correspondence time, by acting as an intermediate between the applicants and CIC, so instead of getting your letters directly from CIC, you will have to wait until your laywer gets them and re send them to you (actually they don't add that much to the process of the applications).

For me i don't trust anyone to act on behalf of me with CIC.

anyway, there are many ways to get your file number in the future if you don't hear from CIC through your lawyer, such as ordering the CAIPS notes by your name and place of birth and of cours your file number will appear on that document.

However, not to get in any trouble with your "smart" lawyer do not contact CIC directly now but keep asking the lawyer until he/she gets a big headache and decide to find a solution for you just to get ride of the headache

Good luck

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Thanks a lot proffesional 1.

I will wait for next week otherwise i would ask him to contact buffalo. thaks again

AimHigh

Sep 22, 2009
Hey Guys,
I have a question...can someone please answer my doubt

I have applied through lawyer, Big Big Mistake !!,

He says he has sent my application to Buffalo, in August/September
But when I check my status using File Number ( got from Nova Scotia), it say "Sydney Eligibility Review completed".... I am confused

my question is, will I be able to check if Buffalo office got my complete application using Nova Scotia File Number .....
Can someone answer please

fjcv

Oct 27, 2009
Hello, everybody, I'm thinking of filing for federal skill worker and immigrate to Vancouver (either class A or B if it makes any diference) in november. I've got a renewd H1B Visa in USA but under the new rules where do you send the application: to Buffalo,N.Y. USA to Mexico City (where I'm from) or the centralized intake office in Sydney, Nova Scotia (Canada).

Thank You all for helping out!

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AimHigh said:
Hey Guys,
I have a question...can someone please answer my doubt

I have applied through lawyer, Big Big Mistake !!,

He says he has sent my application to Buffalo, in August/September
But when I check my status using File Number ( got from Nova Scotia), it say "Sydney Eligibility Review completed".... I am confused

my question is, will I be able to check if Buffalo office got my complete application using Nova Scotia File Number .....
Can someone answer please
A new File number will be assigned from Buffalo. Nova Scotia file number will not help to find out yr status. Ask yr attorney if he received AOR from Buffalo.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bravo:

If you have gone through a representative, do NOT make any attempt to contact the CIC through an email on your own. Always use the representative. I would suggest that you wait a week and then ask your rep. to contact the CIC. If after a week he still insists that you wait some more, I suggest you pressurize him to do the same. I remember I got my AOR from Sydney after more than a month.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
AimHigh:

With you Sydney file #, you can't really know much about your status. You need the Buffalo file # to check your status online. Once you send all the documents to Buffalo, within 3-4 weeks you should be assigned a file number. With that file #, you can check your online status on a regular basis. You should ask your lawyer for some receipts with regards to your application.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
fjcv:

You need to send your application to CIC Sydney, Nova Scotia for initial assessment. Once they check it, they will send you an acknowledgement (AOR) that you can proceed to send the full documentation to Buffalo for review.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Professional1:

While I agree with you that filing the application on your own is a good idea, I think using a good representative is not a bad idea. It especially helps if your case becomes complicated due to unforeseen circumstances. Having said that, I appreciate guys like you who believe in the mantra - DIY. But, I have seen cases that have gotten complicated and people have been thankful they had "Good lawyers" to bail them out in sticky situations.

djbig

Jun 19, 2009
When did CIC start requiring applicants to first send an initial application to CIO NS?

Reason I ask is, I was looking at the trackitt data (for buffalo) and it seems that people who applied in Oct 2008 (for example) had AOR received after a long time around Mar 2009.
Why was there such a delay?

And people who are receiving medical requests now seems to be those people who got AOR around Mar 2009.

I was just thinking maybe buffalo is trying to process first all applications that were not sent to CIO NS initially and only after finishing those, work on applications that were accepted by CIO NS?

EDIT:
-----
Found this info on http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob089.asp

So for applications  "On or after February 27, 2008 until November 30, 2008" -- people applied to the visa office directly.
Starting "December 1, 2008" -- people had to send to CIO first.

I'm hoping once buffalo is done with applications until Nov 30, 2008 that the speed picks up since the workload was divided and CIO completed its job.

All of this is just my speculation / hope.
Anybody agree /disagree?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
djbig:

We can just speculate as to why there are delays. So far my understanding is that delays have been caused by huge workload at Buffalo. Also, the visa office at Buffalo has to meet its provincial and other targets as well. They have yet to start working on FSW cases. At this rate, my guess would be they will not start until the beginning of 2010. Then again, I am just speculating too based on the cases I have observed and articles I have read by tracking cases being handled by Buffalo.

candin2009

Sep 9, 2009
Please anyone help, its really very urgent...........................

Hi Guys,

I got my AOR in Feb2009, since then no update, pls advice........

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
candin2009:

Did you receive it from Sydney or Buffalo? Clarify