+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
MarkCan said:
I believe it is a little late for that ben4. Best to stick to Buffalo now.
oh is it but i just have begin with inital application.....but also i am concerned about how if suddenly New Delhi becomes slow and Buffalo picks up fast..!! dont know what to do very confused please guide me

zoom.84

Star Member
Sep 18, 2009
@MarkCan

Thank u so much for sharing ur status with us.

@ professional 1

Unfortunately I'm not in Canada now..I'm in USA.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Buffalo seems to have started addressing November 2008 applications for FSW.
Should this be seen as a good sign?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu:

I have posted a link in my earlier posts showing why Buffalo is slow at the moment. They are working on other quotas (provincial etc). If you have any credible evidence suggesting that Buffalo is processing the Nov. 2008 applications, do share the same. If the same is true, guess it won't be too long before they start processing the 2009 applications. Still, judging by how things are in Buffalo right now, you can never predict.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
ben24:

The reason why I said it is a little late is that this decision needs to be made before sending the initial application. You have already mentioned Buffalo as the visa post. If you change it now, you never know how CIC will react. Secondly, like you rightly mentioned, it is possible that in the future CIC ND will be slower than Buffalo. It is hard to predict.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
It is a fact that people who filed in the first or second quarter from ND have gotten their passports stamped or at least have had their medicals done. But it is hard to say if the same will remain true for ND for the entire year. But the fact is that New Delhi is stamping visas at an amazingly fast rate.

ben24

Star Member
Oct 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2009
Doc's Request.
11-01-2010
AOR Received.
13-08-2010
IELTS Request
WAIVED
File Transfer...
26-08-2010
Med's Request
19-09-2011
Med's Done....
25-09-2011
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
10-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2012
LANDED..........
May 2012
guess wha...

I got good news..
I asked my lawyer as he only put visa office as Buffalo he told its better to stick with Buffalo and if you change thn again it will cause delays in processing your application another thing is that Buffalo is picking up and soon ND office will be slow as it depends on quota...!!
so, guys we need to be patience and by end of this year we will see results :))

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thats right MarkCan, it is unpredictable. I was also in a dilemma whether to opt for ND or Buffalo, Buffalo has a track record of processing the applications faster than other Offices since many years...........It is slow for FSW right now but i guess they will maintain the consistency and its track record at the end of the day. Even though its Superfast now, never know ND might slow down in the coming months, so i did not want to take the risk.
I thought for a week and decided to stick with Buffalo......lets hope the speed starts picking up...!!

Good Luck to All..!!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
MarkCan:
My information is from trackitt.com

http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers

[I looked up Federal Skilled workers, under the Canada Immigration tab and then refined the table for Buffalo. I saw three November 2008 applications have their files either moved to local visa office or request for medical)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu:

Thanks for sharing this information. Well, I am hopeful things will be picking up in Buffalo soon. However for a lot of those who filed in late 2008 or early 2009 from Buffalo, it will almost be a year in December 2009. That means the promise of finalizing the applications in 6-12 months won't be a reality for Buffalo as of now. Someone who started the process in January might get the medical request by December mid week if all goes well. I think we all need to remember that most of December will be Christmas month. Hardly any work will be done in that month. That just leaves us with November, and I highly doubt that anything will happen in November either.

From a realistic perspective, we are all looking at 2010 to bring us some good news.

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi MarkCan and others,

Today, Its been 6 weeks since my file is with buffalo office ,Although my status has been changed to " File received by visa office" but still no AOR. Is that normal?? Do you think that I should cotact with the Office Via E mail ?

Secondly, When actually baffulo start processing the files ? I mean, after transferring to the other offices or in buffalo office?

Thanks.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo;

At least send them an email to enquire about your file number, because any future correspondence will depend on that file number. For example, if you have to send any extra documents in the future, you will have to write your file number in their visa office along with your name and date of birth.

secondly, to make sure that they are able to contact you properly, because if they fail to send you the AOR letter with the new file number via email, how come do you think that they will be able to send you any other important letters via email ?

I strongly recomend that you to send them an email message to inform them that you haven't got your AOR with the new file number although, your e-case status shows that your application was received by their visa office.

Am sure they think by mistake that they have sent you the letter, that is why you need to contact them.

Good luck

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
professional 1,,

I wanna e mail them but i have a problem that I applied thu a lawyer. today i spoke with him but he said wait. What do u think should I mail them on my own??? your reply would be highly apprciated.........thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes go for it and email them, sometimes the representatives distroy the entire process by thier negligence, do not listen to your lawyer when it comes to critical issues like this matter.(you don't have to tell him do it your own).

that is your application not his application, therefore, any mistakes will affect you directly not him.

and to be honest with you, i do not see any reason for you not to get the AOR letter till now ! i know that each case is different than the other, but sending an AOR letter is not a big deal for the visa office, in your case they have done the harder part which is creating your online file and entering your information to the file, so how come they are not able to send the the file number !!!!

the AOR letter has the same format for all applicants, they only changes are the applicant name and the file number which do not take more than 10 seconds, and click send to be delivered to your email !

i sent my application after you did, and got AOR before you, that is why am sure that they think that the letter has been sent to you.

and always remeber that no one will care about your things more than you, neither the lawyer nor the visa officers.

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Bravoo,

If you are using representative (attorney/Consultant) - Then the contact info (address and email id) in most cases would be of your attorney/Consultant. Any AOR or communication would be received by them directly.
So there are chances that they might have received it or misplaced it.....Just my guess..!!