+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
One more applicant from ND who filed in April has gotten his visa stamped. That is close to my timeline and Buffalo has yet to even start looking at my file. Guess those of us who filed from Buffalo probably had no clue that we will get stuck so bad. I am not sure whether to laugh this off or resign to the fact that people who filed from Buffalo are ROYALLY screwed.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
I received an Email from CHC-Bufallo yesterday informing me that my documents were transferred to CHC-Seattle for further processing :

application date to Bufallo 2 december 2008
Files number recevied on 23 April 2009
Recevied email informing the transfer of my documents 28 Nov 2009

i am a inter-company transferee from Malaysia to Canada as Manufacturing Manager

Mar

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
MARMAN_27:

We have been seeing a lot of cases being transferred to other locations across the United States. I am beginning to believe it has got to do with the fact that Buffalo is overloaded. That would explain the delay in applications being processed. I almost have the same timeline as yours. Did you get your file # from Buffalo?

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
Markcan,
Yes I recevied my File number from Buffalo...seems that CIC doesnt fulfill the processing time of 6~12 months as posted on the CIC website.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
marman_27:

I believe your case will move faster since you are already working in Canada. It might get a little rough for people who are working outside of Canada, especially USA, but have applied through Buffalo. Most of the applicants who applied in January 2009 still haven't had their documents processed. Judging by the current trend, I would assume it will take at least 6-12 months more (that means the 6-12 months processing time won't be followed in Buffalo as stated on the website). Some might get lucky and get a little earlier.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
MarkCan,
Actually , My employer has temporarily assigned me to our branch in Brazil on May 2009 up to this date . I have send a letter to CHC-Bufallo informing this matter. My Canada working visa is still valid up to July 2010.

My Questions :
Based on your knowledge & experience , is there any negative impact on my PR application regarding my outside Canada assignment?
In the event that interview is required by CHC-Seattle how can I enter USA if i do not have any visa? Is there any cases or any possibility that the interview will be conducted in Canada?

Can any one share your experience please?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
MARMAN_27:

MARMAN_27 said:
MarkCan,
Actually , My employer has temporarily assigned me to our branch in Brazil on May 2009 up to this date . I have send a letter to CHC-Bufallo informing this matter. My Canada working visa is still valid up to July 2010.

My Questions :
Based on your knowledge & experience , is there any negative impact on my PR application regarding my outside Canada assignment?
In the event that interview is required by CHC-Seattle how can I enter USA if i do not have any visa? Is there any cases or any possibility that the interview will be conducted in Canada?

MARMAN_27 said:
MarkCan,

My Questions :

Firstly, since you already have a valid Canadian work visa, you are good. If it had expired and you were sent to Brazil, then it would have been an issue. So, there will be no negative impact at all. I know of a lot of cases who applied through U.S. but are stationed elsewhere due to job requirements.

Secondly, in the event an interview is required, the interview will be conducted as per your stated preference in your application. If you have not selected any city where you would prefer the interview to be conducted, then it is at the discretion of the visa officer.

Thirdly, as per my understanding, you should have applied from "within Canada". That way, they would have processed your application in Canada, and not the United States. That is a separate category from Buffalo. Only people who are working in the U.S. and want to apply for a Canadian PR need to use Buffalo as the visa office.

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, but why did you not choose to apply from within Canada since you already have a valid Canadian visa?

huanhuan19

Feb 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
was in Buffalo, USA, later in NY on Aug11,09
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2008
Doc's Request.
03-12-2009
AOR Received.
26-02-2009
File Transfer...
11-08-2009
Med's Request
03-12-2009
Med's Done....
23-12-2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27-01-2010
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2010
LANDED..........
??-??-2010
Hey I have a question about my case:
Oct 14, 2008 Buffalo received my files
Feb, 26,2009, AOR issued
August 11, 2009 transfer to local NY city
So far, nothing comes new. Question is last year, when I filed my application, I claimed 2 years experience (17) with English Languange for full points (16). So I will have 68 points in total. However, on Sep 06, 2009, I took IELTS with 7, so it turns out I cannot obtain full points (16) for English, but only 14 points, however, by considering passing 1 year, I also gain 2 points for one year extra working experience. So I have 3 years working experience with 19 points, which compensate my language 2 points short. So my lawer recently sent my IELTS report and updated employment letter. However, I am really afraid that the visa office only considers IELTS score, but not aware of working experience. In this case, I will be only 66, 1 point less than pass mark. So right now, I am seriously concerning if I need to refill the application form? or what else I need to do to make sure I can recieve three years experience?

P.S. My lawyer at the beginning said I do not have to take IELTS, instead, I only wrote an English letter to prove my English preficiency. But later, he insisted me to take IELTS as soon as possible even if visa office has not requested. Well, it turns out I did not get enough points I claimed. I tried again but still the same thing, and I do not have time to do it again. So now, my lawyer told me we should send the IELTS report as soon as possible. He said he cannot promise visa officer will grant me 3 years working experience, but IELTS will ensure I get the point I deserve, which is 14. He indicated that if I do not send the IELTS as soon as possible, the visa officer might already decide to grant me even lower points. So, now I am really confused what I need to do. If my IELTS is high enough, I won't evey worry about that. But now, I am so close to pass mark, which makes thing a bit tricky. I am still thinking it might have a chance that officer grant me 16 points as what I initially claimed, without requesting IELTS? But on another hand, as my lawyer said, if visa officer does not request IELTS, he might grant even less point for me. I do not know now~~, it is so hard to make a decision. Any suggestions? Thank you very much
I f
Thank you very much.
Your prompt response is appreciated.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
MarkCan,
Your are right,,, i did choose Seattle to have my interview if needed.

With regards to the CHC location ,based on the requirements, I need to submit my application to CHC-Buffalo not to any CHC elsewhere as I was in Canada last time. This is the requirements to all applicants who are legally residing in Canada and submitting there application on or after Feb 2008.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
huanhuan19 said:
Hey I have a question about my case:
Oct 14, 2008 Buffalo received my files
Feb, 26,2009, AOR issued
August 11, 2009 transfer to local NY city
So far, nothing comes new. Question is last year, when I filed my application, I claimed 2 years experience (17) with English Languange for full points (16). So I will have 68 points in total. However, on Sep 06, 2009, I took IELTS with 7, so it turns out I cannot obtain full points (16) for English, but only 14 points, however, by considering passing 1 year, I also gain 2 points for one year extra working experience. So I have 3 years working experience with 19 points, which compensate my language 2 points short. So my lawer recently sent my IELTS report and updated employment letter. However, I am really afraid that the visa office only considers IELTS score, but not aware of working experience. In this case, I will be only 66, 1 point less than pass mark. So right now, I am seriously concerning if I need to refill the application form? or what else I need to do to make sure I can recieve three years experience?

P.S. My lawyer at the beginning said I do not have to take IELTS, instead, I only wrote an English letter to prove my English preficiency. But later, he insisted me to take IELTS as soon as possible even if visa office has not requested. Well, it turns out I did not get enough points I claimed. I tried again but still the same thing, and I do not have time to do it again. So now, my lawyer told me we should send the IELTS report as soon as possible. He said he cannot promise visa officer will grant me 3 years working experience, but IELTS will ensure I get the point I deserve, which is 14. He indicated that if I do not send the IELTS as soon as possible, the visa officer might already decide to grant me even lower points. So, now I am really confused what I need to do. If my IELTS is high enough, I won't evey worry about that. But now, I am so close to pass mark, which makes thing a bit tricky. I am still thinking it might have a chance that officer grant me 16 points as what I initially claimed, without requesting IELTS? But on another hand, as my lawyer said, if visa officer does not request IELTS, he might grant even less point for me. I do not know now~~, it is so hard to make a decision. Any suggestions? Thank you very much
I f
Thank you very much.
Your prompt response is appreciated.
Huanhuan19:

If you ask me, it is best that you wait for a response from CIC before taking any further action. Your lawyer was right about one thing, albeit a little late - you should have sent the IELTS score the very first time you sent the application. If you chose not to send them the first point, you should have built your case in such a way that the visa officer would have given you all the points (16) for English. I know of a friend personally who presented his research articles and papers to CIC (and did not sit for the IELTS exam) and still managed to get 16 points for the same. But, he was able to prove his case to CIC.

The only tricky issue here is that if they processed your application before receiving the IELTS score, then they might give you language points at their discretion. Your received your first AOR from Buffalo in Feb 2009 and you sent the scores in September 2009. So, we can just hope that they haven't processed your application before the scores were sent.

Since you have already sent your IELTS score and asked them to add 1 more year to your work experience, I would suggest you wait for a response from CIC before filing a counter-response.

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
MarkCan,
I need your help, Do i need to take IELTS considering my details below :
(1) valid canadian working visa ( up to July 2010 )
(2) work experience in Canada for 18 months
(3) 6 years managerial working experience
(4) 36 year old
(5) primary school 6 years + high school 4 years + 4 years degree in accountancy. = 14 years education
(6) Language - english is not my official Language but i sent a letter to CHC-Bufallo before testifying that English is the medium of instruction in teaching in the Philippines and I have work in an International Company for the part 17 years and english is the medium of communication.

Based on my personal assessment, EILTS is not necessary for me as I have enough points to pass the 67 passing points.

Could you mind assess me? No obligation, just to have a reference, of course the IO will decide the actual points.

Thank you .... I appreciate your help.

MarMan

zulkfal

Sep 28, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/10/2009
Doc's Request.
15/12/2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06/05/2010
IELTS Request
Submitted with Doc's
File Transfer...
22/12/2009
Med's Request
04/05/2011 (Dated: 24/04/2011)
Med's Done....
09/05/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08/07/2011
VISA ISSUED...
25/07/2011
LANDED..........
07-08-2011
My friend PhD in English literature from University of Toronto was asked to go for IELTS. he scored 9 and wrote a letter to Buffalo that why they underestimate their on education. I am a PhD student in Canada, with BSc from University college London, Ranked best 5th University in World, above MIT, Stanford. MSc from London School of Economics and I have to go for IETLS am teaching assistant in my Uni and some time conduct classes. I worked with JP Morgan but still have to go for IELTS.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
MARMAN_27 said:
MarkCan,
I need your help, Do i need to take IELTS considering my details below :
(1) valid canadian working visa ( up to July 2010 )
(2) work experience in Canada for 18 months
(3) 6 years managerial working experience
(4) 36 year old
(5) primary school 6 years + high school 4 years + 4 years degree in accountancy. = 14 years education
(6) Language - english is not my official Language but i sent a letter to CHC-Bufallo before testifying that English is the medium of instruction in teaching in the Philippines and I have work in an International Company for the part 17 years and english is the medium of communication.

Based on my personal assessment, EILTS is not necessary for me as I have enough points to pass the 67 passing points.

Could you mind assess me? No obligation, just to have a reference, of course the IO will decide the actual points.

Thank you .... I appreciate your help.

MarMan
Marman_27:

The advantage that IELTS has over your statement is that the CIC officer does not have to think twice before assigning you points. I have had friends who haven't given IELTS and yet managed to get all the points. I guess it is how convincingly you present your case to CIC. It is always advisable to go for IELTS if you are confident you will score well. The flip side is that usually IELTS exams cost anywhere around $200 - $300 and if you score low, you not only have to go through the pain again but still don't know if you can do any better than before (not to mention spending more money and time).

Your case could be slightly different since you already have a Canadian visa, and this might soften the visa officer. If you have presented your case convincingly to the CIC, you should get all the needed points. However, in such a scenario always take into account the worst scenario too. What if instead of 16, the visa officer gives you 14? Can you still qualify? If the answer is YES, then you are safe.

Your work experience, age, and education may play some role in helping the visa officer decide how many points to assign to you, but it will be totally at his/her discretion. So, you have to have that "Safety margin" just in case....

MARMAN_27

May 5, 2009
MarkCan,

Thank you very much for your comments...... I really appreciate. I will take IELTS to be safe.

Keep in touch Buddy!!!

MarMan

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Marman_27:

A pleasure. Yes, we can keep in touch via this forum and topic thread. Cheers. Mark