+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Sonu81:

Nice to see your ebullient enthusiasm. Let us hope something works to push Buffalo to process the applications faster (or at least as fast as New Delhi where applicants these days are getting their passports stamped in 4-6 months). Cheers. Mark

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Anyone here whose status has changed to "In Process" yet? At least that would be one step ahead of "Received the application".

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Ah the wait time. Lord, give me the strength to bear this agony with glee.

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Just an afterthought, if any of you folks had any experience of changing visa offices, do share it here. Buffalo seems to take forever.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Mark, I can relate to your sense of anxiety.LOL!
Do remember that there are several cases who applied even before most of us did - and have not had their clearances.
Our time will come buddy - and hopefully with good news!!!

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi guys,

No AOR yet from buffalo. File reached there on 15th Sep 2009. Online status changed to "File received by Visa office" on 13th oct.2009

But No AOR yet....... Is there somthing to worry about that??? plz share...................plz........

Thanks.........

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Hi rahmanrahat ,,

I guess you and me were on the same boat , I mean online status got changed but no AOR from buffalo yet .

just wondering if you already got your AOR from buffalo. As for me , I have not got anything yet. Just getting worried now ,,WHY,,,,???

Thanks

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bravoo, what has your lawyer said about the situation ? i remember that she suggested to wait for a couple of weeks, and they are already elapsed !

bravoo

Star Member
Apr 29, 2009
Yes,

He e-mailed to buffalo on wednesday regarding my AOR . so let s see what they reply .

My question is what are the things buffalo office consider before issuing the AOR. Do they go thru the whole file or as soon as they get it they issue the AOR ??? Because one of my friends got email from buffalo that your this document is missing. so when he sent that document he got AOR within a week or so but in my case i didn t get any document request from buffalo so then why they taking so long.....what do you think???? thanks...............

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Honolulu:

I hope it is worth the wait buddy. Just wondering, are you thinking about changing the visa office to India?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
bravoo said:
Yes,

He e-mailed to buffalo on wednesday regarding my AOR . so let s see what they reply .

My question is what are the things buffalo office consider before issuing the AOR. Do they go thru the whole file or as soon as they get it they issue the AOR ??? Because one of my friends got email from buffalo that your this document is missing. so when he sent that document he got AOR within a week or so but in my case i didn t get any document request from buffalo so then why they taking so long.....what do you think???? thanks...............
Bravoo, Buffalo does not look at your file before issuing the AOR. AOR is just an acknowledgement that they have received your documents. Once Buffalo receives your file, it goes into the long queue of applications that have been received over a period of time.

reachmenow

May 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Family PGP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Jan-2015
Doc's Request.
07-JULY-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-06-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
24-June-2016
Med's Request
07-July-2016
Med's Done....
08-Aug-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
21-March-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-March-2017
LANDED..........
Sometime Before August 2017
Hi Markcan,

I would slightly disagree here, buffalo does go through the file to ensure completeness and then issues the AOR else they send docs back.
Of cource they dont go in details but they certainly give it a look before issuing AOR.

Regards

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
reachmenow:

The cases I have personally known have had the documents checked by CIO - Sydney and not Buffalo. It is my understanding that the initial screening is done by CIO, Sydney. If you think about it logically, that is what CIO is for. If Buffalo starts checking every document for every application that reaches them, they will never be able to complete finishing off the old applications. CIO, Sydney checks to see if the documents are in order and also encashes the DD's or MO's. Then the documents are sent to Buffalo and put in the queue. However, once the documents reach Buffalo, they are entered in the system and an AOR issued to let the applicant know that Buffalo has received the documents. I guess I am saying all this from my personal experience. Maybe some other applicants have had other experiences regarding the process.

Mark

mpapdp.1984

Oct 27, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2008
AOR Received.
18-03-2009
File Transfer...
27-10-2009
Med's Request
16-04-2010
Med's Done....
29-04-2010 (Reached Ottawa May 4 2010)
Interview........
waived
My application was received on 14th November 2008 by BUFFALO consulate and they sent me an AOR on 18th March 2009. I received an email last month (October 28th) that my application was being transferred to Detroit consulate for "expedited processing". Anyone got similar emails? Seems like Buffalo consulate is moving real slow (like a buffalo!!).

Just trying to add some humor amongst all this suffering.

Cheers

Sonu81

Star Member
May 20, 2009
mpapdp.1984 said:
My application was received on 14th November 2008 by BUFFALO consulate and they sent me an AOR on 18th March 2009. I received an email last month (October 28th) that my application was being transferred to Detroit consulate for "expedited processing". Anyone got similar emails? Seems like Buffalo consulate is moving real slow (like a buffalo!!).

Just trying to add some humor amongst all this suffering.

Cheers
ur case makes it so clear that all the 12 month deal by conservative minister jason kenney is a sham...you should have got complete PR by now in November 2009...

anyways congrats...ur file is moving, like a "Buffalo"..lol..