+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jattu1980 said:
Hi Garian,
In my case I had sent both the RPRF and medicals together. Ihad checked with my bank and they told me that he cashiers cheque has not yet been encashed. So I contacted the NY office asking them if everything was oka and were there any issues with the cheque and is that why things are getting delayed? So they responded back by saying that the medicals and fee has been received and made no further indications; so, I assume, everything would be okay on the cheque front.
Just hang in there, these things take time...lately, it has started taking a longer time...hopefully we will get good news soon.
Well technically, you can't send the medicals :D They are directly sent by the DMP. So, I understand your point, and I did the same, that is sent the medical receipts and RPRF together. They reached Buffalo on 21st July, check was encashed 26th July. Medicals reached Ottawa from the DMP on 3rd Aug. The e-mail communication which I recently initiated with Buffalo, was not helpful , but I persisted and asked the question twice. On the 2nd attempt, here's the reply that I got:

Yes, we have received the results of your medical exam.
Your application is in process. We are unable to provide a date when the processing of your application will be complete.

My understanding is that Ottawa sent Buffalo the results after their medical board reviewed it (standard process). However, looking at the reply, it looks like more background checks are on for me. So, can't say when the process will get over.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WaitingForPR_09 said:
I got my PPR yesterday i.e 13-Sep. I am relieved now. I will send the Passports tomorrow as I need to get 2 additional sets of photographs.
In my case the e-Cas was updated on 10-Aug. It seems that yours and my timelines are quite similar.
Congrats WaitingForPR_09, keep the ball rolling ;D Looks good, if we have some movement every week. Wish, Buffalo could pick up a bit, and match NY timelines

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
loveucanada said:
1. me2land Done
2. canadacanada Done
3. beauhoe Done, Landed
4. nn000 Done, Landed
5. Pasi Done
6. Honolulu Passport Received
7. Professional1 Medical Done
8. MarkCan Medical Done
9. cathy2381 Medical Done
10. jattu1980 Medical Done
11. garian4u Medical Request
12. anjay Medical Request
13. canada001 Medical Done
14. torontonian2010 Received by Visa office
15. Loveucanada PPR (Updated)
16. Sazid Medical Done
loveucanada, Congrats!!! Can you please update your sidebar with your timelines for the long journey ;D

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roopa82 said:
@ garian....stop worrying.....sometimes they dont want to respond.....
acc 2 me...it doesnt matter...like in your case they received medical so fast.....they will take their time for BCs.....in my case dmp told me that they will send after 4 weeks.... ..you can crosscheck from your dmp and can get the tracking number to confirm if your package is delivered......
i was so worried also....but in my case they encashed my draft after all BCs ...i mean when they were going to finalize my application......
relax...wait for ppr...will be soon
roopa82, thanks. I had requested my DMP for a FedEx courier to Ottawa, and paid extra 57 bucks for it. So, I have the tracking number, that's how I know for sure that my package was delivered to Ottawa on 3rd Aug. I want to confirm if the results (after verification by Ottawa's medical board) have reached Buffalo or not. If I go by the fact that, draft is encashed after BCs, then mine should have completed before July 26th ;D However, the latest reply from Buffalo shows that BC is still on, as there is no PPR although they have received medical results from Ottawa. :'(

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
torontonian2010 said:
It's kindda strange,when i did my medicals the dmp didn't give me any tracking no.
when i asked for it he said they don't give any,they send bunch of files all together like 20 some...
so iam not sure if anybody ever had the same experience..or is it little unusual...
torontonian2010, not unusual. All DMPs are different and have their own rules. You can't do much about it, apart from trying.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sazid said:
1. me2land Done
2. canadacanada Done
3. beauhoe Done, Landed
4. nn000 Done, Landed
5. Pasi Done
6. Honolulu done
7. Professional1 Medical Done
8. MarkCan Medical Done
9. cathy2381 Medical Done
10. jattu1980 Medical Done
11. garian4u Medical Request
12. anjay Medical Request
13. canada001 Medical Done
14. torontonian2010 Received by Visa office
15. Loveucanada PPR (Updated)
16. Sazid Medical Done

Hi,

How much time does it take for the ecan status to chnage as medical received after the medicals are done. I completed my medicals on AUG 31 st.

Thanks
Will tell you, if anything changes for me. I did my medicals on 19th July, still no change to "medicals received", although they have confirmed that they have received medicals.

garian4u

Nov 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Hi guys,

Sorry for the long absence, i was really busy and a little frustrated.

I just received my passport request from Buffalo office via email today, i am very happy, i cannot express my feelings. it took 4 months after medicals to get the PPR.

wish you all the best of luck.
Woohhooooooo, pro1 is back, and look how the thread sprang back to life immediately. So glad for you. I just hope, mine goes a bit faster than you. My US visa expires in 2 months. If my PPR doesn't come by then, this will become complicated for me.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:
Woohhooooooo, pro1 is back, and look how the thread sprang back to life immediately. So glad for you. I just hope, mine goes a bit faster than you. My US visa expires in 2 months. If my PPR doesn't come by then, this will become complicated for me.
Hey! Do not worry, is going to be just on time my friend.
Cheers,

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
Hahaha, yes buy me the beggiest size of the burger please ;D

By the way, i was the only one who is landing, my couisn is a canadian citizen, and was only accopmanying me by his car, he chose voluntarily to wait with me for 2 hours. When we both got irritated from waiting, he walked to one of the USA immigration counters and asked why we are being kept for that long, they asnwered hime the following:

" Sir, you are Canadain, and you can go right away to the USA or Canada, but he cannot until we call his name and finish his procedure".

He said, no i am waiting for him to turn back together to canada, i brought him by my car, and will take him back by my car, then they said, well, you will have to wait with him until we finish his procedures.
I'm gonna give you a coke with French fries also ;)....
I have a feeling that you're taken care of more than it needed. If you look at the incident differently, for example: "Wow US custom finished the security check in for non-US-related person only in 2 hours, and they gave me the refusal letter right away with their lovely smile :p" you might not be frustrated anymore ;). The most important thing is to get "your thing" done. Get THE status -> it's what you want.
Congrats again, long way for me from Med Done here ;)....

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
garian4u said:

Thanks garian4u,

Do not worry, based on the message you received from them, you will get your PPR so soon. I got the same message exactly from Buffalo, and after 5 days of that message, i got the PPR via email.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
I'm gonna give you a coke with French fries also ;)....
I have a feeling that you're taken care of more than it needed. If you look at the incident differently, for example: "Wow US custom finished the security check in for non-US-related person only in 2 hours, and they gave me the refusal letter right away with their lovely smile :p" you might not be frustrated anymore ;). The most important thing is to get "your thing" done. Get THE status -> it's what you want.
Congrats again, long way for me from Med Done here ;)....

Thanks again, and wish you the best of luck in the rest of your application process.

WaitingForPR_09

Star Member
Mar 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
January 2011
Thanks Garian4U. What is the status you are seeing in e-Cas?

garian4u said:
Congrats WaitingForPR_09, keep the ball rolling ;D Looks good, if we have some movement every week. Wish, Buffalo could pick up a bit, and match NY timelines

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Today my e-case was updated to show "Complete" as a main link, when i click on that link i see the following:

We received your application for permanent residence on June 8, 2009.

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on August 19, 2009. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Your application and supporting documents were received by the Buffalo office. They are pending review.

We transferred your application to the Buffalo office on August 25, 2009. The Buffalo office may contact you.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 30, 2010.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

Medical results have been received.

You entered Canada at the Fort Erie Peace Bridge office on September 17, 2010 and became a Permanent Resident.

The last three lines were just added today "all of them together", they jumped immediately from "In Process" to "Complete"

Today as well, i applied for the permanent SIN card, and number at service canada, and got the number in their conformation letter, and the card will be sent to my mail box within 15 working days.

Tomorrow god willing, i will apply for the OHIP card "the medical insurance card"

Good luck to everyone.