+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications filed through NS --> Buffalo (Filed from USA)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jits1000 said:
congrats professional1
Really nice to hear good news from u bro, have gr8 time man :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Medical Request --Medical Done---Visa Office --- PPR------VISA
1. me2land Done
2. canadacanada Done
3. beauhoe Done, Landed
4. nn000 Done, Landed
5. Pasi Done 05/12-------------05/20----------- Buffalo--------06/30-----07/15
6. Honolulu done 03/03------------03/23------------Buffalo--------06/25-----07/20
7. jits1000 ---------------------10/5-------------25/5-------------buffalo---------30/8------waiting
9. professional1 Done
10. MarkCan Medical Done
11. cathy2381 Medical Done
12. jattu1980 Medical Done 06/16------------06/23----------New York---------
13. garian4u Medical Request 06/30------------07/19----------Buffalo-----------
14. anjay Medical Request
15. canada001 Medical Done ------------05/03----------
16. torontonian2010 Medical done08/09---------09/09-----------Buffalo-----------
17. Loveucanada PPR (Updated) ---------06/04-----------------------------09/13------
18. Sazid Medical Done 08/05-------------08/31----------Buffalo ------------
19. smallduck 08/24--------------09/15----------NY
20. nmat PPR request 06/15 ----------06/26--------NY----- 09/13----waiting for stamped visa
21. canadadream1 06/15 -------------07/14-----------Detroit-----------------
22. AvayaLenovo 08/25 -------------09/02-----------Buffalo---------

Thank you so much jits1000, and wish you the very best of luck bro :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
By the way guys,

Although I landed already today and became a permanent resident, my e-case is still showing "In Process" without even showing the receipt of my medical results. so do not rely on the e-case that much.

I know that i finished my steps very fast after the PPR (only 1 day to land after the PPR), and that might be the reason for the e-case not being updated yet.

rajanpaudel

Sep 13, 2010
I sent the complete document packet to Buffalo office on August 22nd,2010. Now, I am waiting for the AOR.

My case is FSW2 type and currently in USA.

It is very critical to get the decision within 6 -8 months( will have some immigration problems after that).

SO, I want you all to share your experience about the total processing time from buffalo office ?

Also, once it get approved, how long it will take to get the visa on hand ?

I am new to this forum, so any feedback from your personal experience will be highly helpful.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
New York, NY (In Process)
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
Dec 10 2009 and Apr 21 2010
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Sep 15 2010 - and Med RCVD (Nov 16)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Apr 04 2011, Decision made Apr 25 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
rajanpaudel said:
I sent the complete document packet to Buffalo office on August 22nd,2010. Now, I am waiting for the AOR.

My case is FSW2 type and currently in USA.

It is very critical to get the decision within 6 -8 months( will have some immigration problems after that).

SO, I want you all to share your experience about the total processing time from buffalo office ?

Also, once it get approved, how long it will take to get the visa on hand ?

I am new to this forum, so any feedback from your personal experience will be highly helpful.
I don't think that you'll be able to get it done in 6-8 months. Te luckiest guy I knew of in this forum take 10 months to finish thing up. You can always go back to your own country and finish application. I don't think there will be any problem with that options.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
beauhoe, Honolulu, smallduck, jang, and everyone else:

Thank you so much guys, i have just arrived from the USA borders between Buffalo and canada.

I landed today with my cousin by his car, the USA officers were so rude, they made me wait in thier offices for 2 hours to give me the refusal letter !!!!

After i got it, i turned back to Canada "[size=10pt][size=10pt]my lovely country[/size][/size]" and landed within only 5 mins. the immigration officer only asked me about the proof of funds, the visa, and the COPR, and that was it.

She granted me the PR status right away and stamped my passport, and stapled the third copy of the COPR on my passport, and told me that the PR card will be sent to my mailing address within 4 to 6 weeks.

She told me you are a permanent residnet now, and you can apply for the permanent SIN card and the OHIP rightaway without any need to wait for the PR card.

Thank god, i am now a PR, no more international student fees or work restrictions or anything else.

Wish you all the best of luck guys.
You did it!

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
Cheers Pro! Hope to see you in Toronto in December!
I know you were restless but all is well that ends well!!

As for the ecas status give it a few more weeks.
My took about 4 weeks after the actual issue of Visa etc.
I havent landed but it does say "Decision Made"

canadianhope

Jun 21, 2009
professional 1 said:
Hi again guys,

I have a new update from my side today.

I just got the visa stamped in my passport with the conformation of permanent residance letter, i sent my cousin to Buffalo today morning with my passport, a written auothorization, 3 photographs, and he got the visa stamped within an hour (he is a canadian citizen, so he did not have to get visa to the United States).

I will land as soon as possible, it might be tomorrow god willing.

By the way, my e-case still does not even show the receipt of my medicals.
Hi Pro1,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Why the US officer was rude with you? Did you try to enter US? Or you had to go to US to complete the landing process? Do they allwow to enter US only to return Canada for the sake of completing the landing process?

canadacanada

Jun 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buff
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NS:May,09
Doc's Request.
Buff:June, 09
AOR Received.
Sept, 09 From Buffalo
File Transfer...
April, 2010
Med's Request
May,2010
Med's Done....
May 25, 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
June 22, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 28,2010
LANDED..........
July 23, 2010
Great Pro1 Bro,

Nice to hear from you and Congratulations!!!!!

Really glad to know you got it.....

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Honolulu said:
Cheers Pro! Hope to see you in Toronto in December!
I know you were restless but all is well that ends well!!

As for the ecas status give it a few more weeks.
My took about 4 weeks after the actual issue of Visa etc.
I havent landed but it does say "Decision Made"

Honolulu,

Thank you so much man, and it will be my pleasure to see you in Canada when you land. I think when they update my e-case, they will jump directly from "In Process" to Complete as i already landed in Canada.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadianhope said:
Hi Pro1,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
Thank you.

canadianhope said:
Why the US officer was rude with you?
They were doing their job, but i considered that rudeness just because they made me wait for 2 hours to give me the refusal letter, which does not actually need to take more than 10 Mins.

canadianhope said:
Did you try to enter US?
No, i told the US immigration officer when i arrived that i am just turning back to Canada to do my landing, and he asked me to see my landing documents which i did, after that they asked us to park the car and go to bulding number 2 which has a waiting room and 16 counters for the immigration officers, they told us to wait until they call our names, and then they made me wait for 2 hours. After they called my name, the immigration officer asked me some questions about my status in canada before i get the PR status, and she asked me how long i have been living in canada, and where. Finally she said you know that you are not allowed to enter the united states without visa, i said yes i just need your refusal letter to trurn back to canada and land. then she gave me the refusal letter and i turned back and landed in the canadian borders.

canadianhope said:
Or you had to go to US to complete the landing process? Do they allwow to enter US only to return Canada for the sake of completing the landing process?
If you live in canada,You have 2 choices after getteing the PR visa from Buffalo, either to call the call center in the immigration department inside canada to do the landing there, after getting an appointment which takes up to 6 weeks just for the appointment, or you go directly to any port of entry between canada and the united states and reach the USA side to get their refusal letter, and turn back to canada to land immidiatly which is faster, that is why i chose this option.

canadianhope said:
Do they allwow to enter US only to return Canada for the sake of completing the landing process?
Most probably no, if you do not have a US visa, they will give you a refusal letter in the borders and let you turn back without entering their country, and that is enough to be landed in canada, the canadian immigration officers will ask you only to show them the refusal letter from the USA and that is it.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canadacanada said:
Great Pro1 Bro,

Nice to hear from you and Congratulations!!!!!

Really glad to know you got it.....

Thank you so much man, and wish you the best of luck in Canada.

By the way guys, did you know that i was able to see the HSBC center in Buffalo from the beorders, even before you reach the borders you can see it. it is a very high building which has the Buffalo visa office in it. I kept looking at it from the borders imagining how was all of my correcpondence going to that place.

Inside the USA borders, you can even see some parts of Buffalo city, and a very big sign written on it "Downtown Buffalo" !

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
beauhoe, Honolulu, smallduck, jang, and everyone else:

Thank you so much guys, i have just arrived from the USA borders between Buffalo and canada.

I landed today with my cousin by his car, the USA officers were so rude, they made me wait in thier offices for 2 hours to give me the refusal letter !!!!

After i got it, i turned back to Canada "[size=10pt][size=10pt]my lovely country[/size][/size]" and landed within only 5 mins. the immigration officer only asked me about the proof of funds, the visa, and the COPR, and that was it.

She granted me the PR status right away and stamped my passport, and stapled the third copy of the COPR on my passport, and told me that the PR card will be sent to my mailing address within 4 to 6 weeks.

She told me you are a permanent residnet now, and you can apply for the permanent SIN card and the OHIP rightaway without any need to wait for the PR card.

Thank god, i am now a PR, no more international student fees or work restrictions or anything else.

Wish you all the best of luck guys.
Wow such a difficult trip for you:D. But the trade off is much greater ;). I'm still confused why you will need the refusal letter from US Custom. I guess even with expired US Visa, you can go to Canada for less than 30 days and reenter US without any problems. I just make sure to keep the I-94 attached in the passport. I will probably landing by car too, so thanks for sharing any information man :)

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
I'm still confused why you will need the refusal letter from US Custom. I guess even with expired US Visa, you can go to Canada for less than 30 days and reenter US without any problems. I just make sure to keep the I-94 attached in the passport. I will probably landing by car too, so thanks for sharing any information man :)

Hi smallduck,

Because i live in canada not in the united states, and i chose to land in the port of entry not in the immigration department offices inside canada, i had to reach the borders of the USA as a proof that i left canada and re entered. The refusal letter from the USA side was the only proof that i left canada, otherwise, they would have let me enter canada but without landing, that is why i had to get the USA refusal letter. (that is their instructions in the canadian borders)

Wish you the best of luck when you land.

smallduck

Jul 21, 2010
NYC
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
9xxx
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 05 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 02 2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
waived
File Transfer...
Jul 14 2010 to NYVO
Med's Request
Aug 24 2010
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 18 2011
professional 1 said:
Hi smallduck,

Because i live in canada not in the united states, and i chose to land in the port of entry not in the immigration department offices inside canada, i had to reach the borders of the USA as a proof that i left canada and re entered. The refusal letter from the USA side was the only proof that i left canada, otherwise, they would have let me enter canada but without landing, that is why i had to get the USA refusal letter. (that is their instructions in the canadian borders)

Wish you the best of luck when you land.
great man, I see clear why you were treated that way (you're not paying tax here in US) J/K. I've been driving to Montreal from NY and I-87 border costume are really really nice ;). I'm planing to land at Buffalo, so we'll see. I will buy you a Burger King (opposite to Believe it or not) on the side belong to Niagara Falls while we're both PR status. And I'm gonna give you a close-up picture of HSBC building too :D.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallduck said:
great man, I see clear why you were treated that way (you're not paying tax here in US) J/K. I've been driving to Montreal from NY and I-87 border costume are really really nice ;). I'm planing to land at Buffalo, so we'll see. I will buy you a Burger King (opposite to Believe it or not) on the side belong to Niagara Falls while we're both PR status. And I'm gonna give you a close-up picture of HSBC building too :D.

Hahaha, yes buy me the beggiest size of the burger please ;D

By the way, i was the only one who is landing, my couisn is a canadian citizen, and was only accopmanying me by his car, he chose voluntarily to wait with me for 2 hours. When we both got irritated from waiting, he walked to one of the USA immigration counters and asked why we are being kept for that long, they asnwered hime the following:

" Sir, you are Canadain, and you can go right away to the USA or Canada, but he cannot until we call his name and finish his procedure".

He said, no i am waiting for him to turn back together to canada, i brought him by my car, and will take him back by my car, then they said, well, you will have to wait with him until we finish his procedures.