+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status tracker changed to closed but background check still in progress

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
So are you eligible for a PGWP? When did you graduate? Were you full time? Are you in Canada? Need details. Reconsideration is not a formal process so they don’t have to acknowledge it, only if they re-open your file.
while applying for visa they asked me questions and they said your are eligible and we will give you port entry. i am graduated in november 2021.now what i do i also apply for refund the web form said one of our office is still working on your application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
while applying for visa they asked me questions and they said your are eligible and we will give you port entry. i am graduated in november 2021.now what i do i also apply for refund the web form said one of our office is still working on your application.
So if you graduated over 2 years ago, did you apply for a PGWP in 2021? How were you eligible? Under what extension? Were you full time?

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
you know a wanted to apply just after my graduation but here documentation and getting degree from university take time also i am not a consultant i am from a remote village i dont know much about the process that why i applied for a PGWP and then pay exta more CAD100 for open work permit.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
you know a wanted to apply just after my graduation but here documentation and getting degree from university take time also i am not a consultant i am from a remote village i dont know much about the process that why i applied for a PGWP and then pay exta more CAD100 for open work permit.
What university because they know about PGWP guidelines so would have gotten it to you within the time frame. So to get PGWP, you had to apply within 150 days of graduation. If you didn’t do this then I do not know how you were eligible. When did you leave Canada after graduation?

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
totally i paid CAD 340.100CAD for open work permit,155CAD for a PGWP and 85CAD for biomateric verification

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
What university because they know about PGWP guidelines so would have gotten it to you within the time frame. So to get PGWP, you had to apply within 150 days of graduation. If you didn’t do this then I do not know how you were eligible. When did you leave Canada after graduation?
I applied outside from Canada for port entry and the IRCC asked me all question and gave them all my valid information and they you are eligible.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
totally i paid CAD 340.100CAD for open work permit,155CAD for a PGWP and 85CAD for biomateric verification
But what Canadian university/college did you attend to apply for PGWP. You graduated over 2 years ago and must apply within 150 days of graduation.

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
one more thing I can apply for PGWP outside Canada and they will give port entry according to the IRCC website.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
one more thing I can apply for PGWP outside Canada and they will give port entry according to the IRCC website.
No. You cannot get a PGWP. You had to have graduated from a Canadian university or college. You can apply from outside if you graduated from a Canadian school. You never went to school in Canada, so no sense in continuing with application.

You may be eligible for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) if you graduated from a designated learning institution (DLI) and want to stay in Canada temporarily to work.