+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status tracker changed to closed but background check still in progress

nouman076

Nov 8, 2023
my ircc tracker shows that my Application closed,

We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary

Biometrics
Completed

Medical exam
Not started ( I don't need it )

Eligibility
Completed

Background verification
In progress

Study Permit details

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Study Permit. Your document details will be listed below.

Study Permit Document number:
Not available yet
Expiry date:
Not available yet
Travel document number:
Not available yet
Issuing country:
Not available yet

what does it mean? am i rejected or what?

nouman076

Nov 8, 2023
my ircc tracker shows that my Application closed,

Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary

Biometrics
Completed

Medical exam
Not started ( I don't need it )

Eligibility
Completed

Background verification
In progress

Study Permit details

Once we approve you for temporary residence in Canada, you’ll get a Study Permit. Your document details will be listed below.

Study Permit Document number:
Not available yet
Expiry date:
Not available yet
Travel document number:
Not available yet
Issuing country:
Not available yet

what does it mean? am i rejected or what?

saman.nj62

Dec 6, 2023
Hi everyone i received this message (
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.)
and i dont know my visitor visa approved or rejected!my status changed to closed and eligibility change complete byt background check still in progress!im full of stress and i dont have my username and password to check account now!please help me
finally approved or rejected ? same situation for me now!

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
hello.my application was refused then i apply for reconsideration after the reconsideration the application tracker said that my application status is closed and the activities show that we received you documents if we need more information we will ask you.and two months passed but still i did not received any message from IRCC.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hello.my application was refused then i apply for reconsideration after the reconsideration the application tracker said that my application status is closed and the activities show that we received you documents if we need more information we will ask you.and two months passed but still i did not received any message from IRCC.
What did you apply for? If file still closed then nothing has been done.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
i applied for post graduation work permit.
If refused what were errors in law for reconsideration? Why refused? Why not reapply because reconsideration is not a formal process so IRCC doesn’t have to re-open your file. Quicker to reapply if eligible.

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
they said the purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
If refused what were errors in law for reconsideration? Why refused? Why not reapply because reconsideration is not a formal process so IRCC doesn’t have to re-open your file. Quicker to reapply if eligible.
OKAY but why IRCC not reply me about my reconsideration and my purpose of going to canada is working i fill all the necessary file and submitted all my documents.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OKAY but why IRCC not reply me about my reconsideration and my purpose of going to canada is working i fill all the necessary file and submitted all my documents.
So are you eligible for a PGWP? When did you graduate? Were you full time? Are you in Canada? Need details. Reconsideration is not a formal process so they don’t have to acknowledge it, only if they re-open your file.