+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application status tracker changed to closed but background check still in progress

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
application tracker shows the above sentence so what is this sentence for?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.
application tracker shows the above sentence so what is this sentence for?
General email to say they got your reconsideration request. It will not be approved.

Roytoy

Jan 24, 2024
okay than how i can get my refund they said we can not refund while one of our office is still working on your application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
if again my application is refuse then i will get my refund?
No. Did you read the link. You don’t get money back if application is refused. Officers spent time reviewing and processing your files. You should have never applied in the first place

After we start processing your application, only these fees can be refunded

• the right of permanent residence fee (RPRF)
  • the right of citizenship fee
  • the open work permit holder fee (for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exempt workers only)
  • the employer compliance fee (refunded to the employer)

Maire

Mar 2, 2024
Hi everyone i received this message (
We sent you a message about your application
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.)
and i dont know my visitor visa approved or rejected!my status changed to closed and eligibility change complete byt background check still in progress!im full of stress and i dont have my username and password to check account now!please help me
Bro did you got your visa or any answer bcz i have totally same conditions happened but i don't have log in with me, my application closed but background check in progress.

Kingblink

Oct 18, 2019
Hi everyone i received this message (
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary.)
and i dont know my visitor visa approved or rejected!my status changed to closed and eligibility change complete byt background check still in progress!im full of stress and i dont have my username and password to check account now!please help me
I also have thesame thing for my closed work permit application and my wife open work permit

Biometric completed
Medical not started
Eligibility completed
Application status closed
And a message that states
Read the message carefully and take appropriate action as necessary

I don't know know what this means
Did you get approved ?