+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Reopened After Refusal

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

my PR application under CEC was refused last month. I'm no longer allowed to work as my work permit expired too and it's really being tough for these past few weeks.

I thought it wise to tell you these first to give proper context to my story as I seek your advice

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work expereonce, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even with the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we are doing it this week.

Pls what do you think are my chances?

Is there any time frame for submitting reconsideration after receiving the refusal letter.

Pls someokne help me...

harryguns

Sep 27, 2019
Hi, my AOR was
May 17,
CEC , on Work permit, LIMA exempted
Medical passed on 2nd July.
Edmonton office

I had called agent yesterday to ask about the progress of my application and was told that criminality was passed and eligibility and security were in progress.

Today i got a refusal letter straight away stating that i did not meet the eligibility. Just to let you know , i had claimed 50 points for arranged employment and as a proof, had attached employment proof letter from employer stating my salary, designation, NOC, and a statement that i am required to work in the organisation for 2 years. It did mention my duration of stay here, however, not word to word as per the CIC guidelines.
The refusal letter stated that -“ none of the employment letters provided by me, established that i will be employed for at least 1 year after receiving PR”.

Moreover, i am not the 1st employee in my organisation to have used this letter. I know at least 10 colleagues who have claimed 50 points and used the same letter as proof and have got PR too.

Any kind of help/ suggestions will be highly appreciated.

@legalfalon your suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Hi There, did they considered your case ? I am in the same situation

Reactions: Victor02

Diamond42

Star Member
Nov 26, 2019
Hi guys,

my PR application under CEC was refused last month. I'm no longer allowed to work as my work permit expired too and it's really being tough for these past few weeks.

I thought it wise to tell you these first to give proper context to my story as I seek your advice

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work experience, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even without the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we have done it yesterday.

Does IRCC send a confirmation of submission after submitting with a webform?

Is there any time frame for submitting reconsideration after receiving the refusal letter.

Pls someone help me... @legalfalcon @sg02

Last edited:

rraj.k.das

Sep 18, 2019
Hi Folks..

I have been a silent reader of this forum and now, I can share my Journey from AOR to PPR including a Refusal.

AOR - Review Required - REFUSAL - APPLICATION REOPEN - PPR

Aug 06 2019AOR - CEC Inland (Points for Offer not claimed) - Noc 2171 - Edmonton
Aug 27 2019 - Med Passed
Nov 22 2019 - Ghost Update (No email)
Dec 05 2019 - Came to know about Review Required on my case by calling IRCC
Dec 06 2019 - Raised GCMS notes request through ATIP as am in Canada
Dec 17 2019 - Work Permit Extension (LMIA exempt) offer letter submitted through Webform
Jan 06 2020 Morning - Received GCMS Notes
Jan 06 2020 Afternoon - REFUSAL (Letter in CIC Profile and message update through email)
Jan 06 2020 Night - Webform for Reconsideration and Reconsideration email Edmonton VO
Jan 31 2020 - Application Reopened and re-RPRF request
Feb 06 2020 - PPR

Reason for Refusal: Unable to determine NOC for CEC as Roles and Responsibilities (RnR) not on company letter head.
I had submitted Managers Refrence Letter, HR's refusal to provide RnR and Affidavit.

Also submitted snapshot LMIA exempt offer letter post WP extension application in December, and hence requested to reconsider as NOC was present in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Miracle2018

Tamiswift

Star Member
Feb 27, 2019
Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever had or known anyone who has had a cancelled application reopened due an error on the applicants part?

chixy26

Feb 1, 2020
Hi,

Please I just got an email that my application was refused based on the following-

2012-07 to 2015-07 - Operations and Maintenance Engineer (NOC: 2141) - at -------- The submitted information with your application for permanent residence did not adequately demonstrate that, for the declared period of skilled work experience, you performed duties at the level set out in the occupational description of NOC 2141 Industrial and manufacturing engineers. This includes the lead statement as well as a substantial number of the main duties of NOC 2141, per Ministerial Instructions 25(2)(b).

What I want to do is ask for an update reference letter that matches the exact description on the CIC website even tho i know that the previous one had responsibilities that matched.

Please once I get the letter can i ask that the file be reopened? Any suggestion. please i really need help.

Thank you

CG7

Star Member
Nov 20, 2019
Hi guys,

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work expereonce, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even with the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we are doing it this week.

Pls someokne help me...

Did you submit a letter of explanation stating they didn't award you the 15 points when you submitted your application?

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Thanks for your suggestion. For sure today i will call CIC to know the reason in detail. Actually i already ordered GCMS notes on that same day when i got refusal 05-Apr
Hopefully for sure i will get good news very soon. Because i waited long time for 280 days approx and then i got refusal.
This is not worth to release refusal at that time. I totally shattered.
Did you reopen the case or applied for new one?

S@r@b

Feb 26, 2020
Did you submit a letter of explanation stating they didn't award you the 15 points when you submitted your application?
Do know whats the time period in which we can reopen the refused application?
I got refusal in jan 2020..!
Stating you didn’t provide the experience letter with duties

Twashe

Feb 13, 2016
Hi guys,

The reason for refusal was my foreign work experience. They said they don't believe I did all I claimed I did in the letter of reference I submitted. When they deducted the 50 points for the work experience, I then fell below the lowest crs points for my round of invitation, and then subsequently refused. However, they didn't give me 15 points for my Canadian education (a lawyer pointed this out to me last week) and if they had done so, I would still have qualified even without the 50 points Because the letter stated that when they deducted it, I fell below the minimum crs points. So the lawyer representing me for this is saying that we should do a reconsideration for this and we have done it yesterday.

Does IRCC send a confirmation of submission after submitting with a webform?

Pls someone help me... @legalfalcon @sg02
Hi there. I’m not sure if you issue was fixed, my husband and I were in the exact same situation and our application was refused in February 2020 we then appealed for judicial review and it was settled out of court given the pandemic it was only updated today in our CIC account to submitted from’refused’. If yours is done how long did it take to get a decision?

User2323

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi there. I’m not sure if you issue was fixed, my husband and I were in the exact same situation and our application was refused in February 2020 we then appealed for judicial review and it was settled out of court given the pandemic it was only updated today in our CIC account to submitted from’refused’. If yours is done how long did it take to get a decision?
Hi there, i top had a settlement out of court from ircc lawyers. Does it state in settlement that you'd have a chance to submit additional information?
Because my application top went from refused to submitted last week but no email from IRCC asking for additional information as stated in settlement letter. So i am not sure if our applications were manually reopened or it was and they will later look at them and ask for additional documents

Sep 7, 2016
Hi
I have a similar situation as yours. May I know, did you receive any update post the email stating that your documents have been sent to the responsible officer for review?
My situation -
AOR- 27th Sept 2019
Refusal - 9th Oct
Refund of complete fees (paid upfront) - 16th Oct
Case re-open (without my request) - 17th Oct
Sent the requested PCC thru webform - 9th Nov
Acknowledgement email - 15th Nov
There hasnt been any change in my profile since i sent the documents.
Any insights on my situation any1?

Hi

I am in same situation like you. Can you please tell what happens next.

Sep 7, 2016
Hi there, i top had a settlement out of court from ircc lawyers. Does it state in settlement that you'd have a chance to submit additional information?
Because my application top went from refused to submitted last week but no email from IRCC asking for additional information as stated in settlement letter. So i am not sure if our applications were manually reopened or it was and they will later look at them and ask for additional documents
I am alos in similar situation. can you please tell whats your status now

Angeltemmy

Star Member
Jul 19, 2018
Dear All,

I helped my brother in applying for his family's Express Entry application but it was rejected earlier. Please check below timeline and provide your suggestions accordingly:

August 1st week (2018):
  1. Submitted the Express Entry Application (E1).
  2. Paid Application Fees + Right to Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF) in the beginning itself for E1.
October 3rd Week (2018):
  1. E1 got refused because of a typo in Experience letter. Joining year was mis-typed as 2018 instead of 2012.
  2. Refund for RPRF of E1 started right away.
November 2nd Week (2018):
  1. Submitted a fresh EE application - E2 (all documents are same as E1 expect the new experience letter).
  2. But this time he didn't pay the RPRF upfront.
  3. However on the same day of E2 submission, we created a CSE request for E1 re-assessment by attaching the updated Employment Reference Letter.
December Last Week (2018):
  1. Got the request letter for RPRF for E2. It was paid and the proof was submitted next day itself.
January Third Week (2019):
  1. Didn't receive the refund for RPRF for E1, so contacted IRCC team to send a new cheque to my canadian address (and cancel the cheque which they had sent to my brother in India as it might be lost already)
  2. IRCC team replied that they will have to wait for 6 months before they cancel the old cheque and send a new one.
February First Week (2019):
  1. Surprise: Got an update on first application E1.
  2. There is a request letter for E1 which says that in order to proceed with the application, they need RPRF and New PCC's.
  3. Both E1 and E2 status messages are same i.e. still at IP1 (except E1 which needs additional documents now)

To be honest, we had no idea that IRCC may re-open the previous application. Now we don’t know if its a good news or a bad news because now there are two Active EE applications. Please help me with below.
  1. Submitting New PCCs is not a problem for E1 as it can be done in a week or so, but paying RPRF fees for the third time is bit of a concern.
  2. RPRF was already paid for both E1 and E2. And Refund cheque for RPRF of E1 is still not received.
  3. I can understand that different visa officers may be working on two applications, so two application fees are understandable. But if any application is approved, then a person gets the PR only once as the second application is generally closed by the same visa officer who approves first one. So ideally we shouldn’t be paying RPRF multiple times.
  4. We do have the proof for RPRF of E2 as it was paid separately. Should we attach the same E2-RPRF as proof for E1 request as well, and put an explanation on second page regarding the two active EE applications issue.
  5. Or should we can create a new CSE? But given the heavy workload of IRCC agents, it may again cause the delay in response by almost 3 months like for the first CSE. It will be too late by then as only 30 days are given to submit PCC and RPRF for E1 within 30 days. Moreover Medicals will get expired in Mid of June 2019, which can be a problem in traveling if everything is delayed.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.
@sg02 Please I’m in same situation as you, my application was just reopened after the fees had been refunded, but I already opened another application and paid the fees again, now IRCC is requesting for receipt of the old application i.e they want me to repay and attach receipt . Should I attach The receipt of the second (new) application and write a letter that they should close it. Kindly assist. Thanks.