+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application Reopened After Refusal

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Dear All,

I helped my brother in applying for his family's Express Entry application but it was rejected earlier. Please check below timeline and provide your suggestions accordingly:

August 1st week (2018):
  1. Submitted the Express Entry Application (E1).
  2. Paid Application Fees + Right to Permanent Residence Fees (RPRF) in the beginning itself for E1.
October 3rd Week (2018):
  1. E1 got refused because of a typo in Experience letter. Joining year was mis-typed as 2018 instead of 2012.
  2. Refund for RPRF of E1 started right away.
November 2nd Week (2018):
  1. Submitted a fresh EE application - E2 (all documents are same as E1 expect the new experience letter).
  2. But this time he didn't pay the RPRF upfront.
  3. However on the same day of E2 submission, we created a CSE request for E1 re-assessment by attaching the updated Employment Reference Letter.
December Last Week (2018):
  1. Got the request letter for RPRF for E2. It was paid and the proof was submitted next day itself.
January Third Week (2019):
  1. Didn't receive the refund for RPRF for E1, so contacted IRCC team to send a new cheque to my canadian address (and cancel the cheque which they had sent to my brother in India as it might be lost already)
  2. IRCC team replied that they will have to wait for 6 months before they cancel the old cheque and send a new one.
February First Week (2019):
  1. Surprise: Got an update on first application E1.
  2. There is a request letter for E1 which says that in order to proceed with the application, they need RPRF and New PCC's.
  3. Both E1 and E2 status messages are same i.e. still at IP1 (except E1 which needs additional documents now)

To be honest, we had no idea that IRCC may re-open the previous application. Now we don’t know if its a good news or a bad news because now there are two Active EE applications. Please help me with below.
  1. Submitting New PCCs is not a problem for E1 as it can be done in a week or so, but paying RPRF fees for the third time is bit of a concern.
  2. RPRF was already paid for both E1 and E2. And Refund cheque for RPRF of E1 is still not received.
  3. I can understand that different visa officers may be working on two applications, so two application fees are understandable. But if any application is approved, then a person gets the PR only once as the second application is generally closed by the same visa officer who approves first one. So ideally we shouldn’t be paying RPRF multiple times.
  4. We do have the proof for RPRF of E2 as it was paid separately. Should we attach the same E2-RPRF as proof for E1 request as well, and put an explanation on second page regarding the two active EE applications issue.
  5. Or should we can create a new CSE? But given the heavy workload of IRCC agents, it may again cause the delay in response by almost 3 months like for the first CSE. It will be too late by then as only 30 days are given to submit PCC and RPRF for E1 within 30 days. Moreover Medicals will get expired in Mid of June 2019, which can be a problem in traveling if everything is delayed.

Please suggest. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
An update to above:

Called IRCC regarding above and the agent suggested to attach the new PCC's and RPRF for E1.

I asked if both applications are at similar stage, then he said that since E2 is getting processed at NDVO, he has no idea about it. For E1 (which is getting processed at Ottawa), he said background check is not started because of pending New PCC's and RPRF.

Moreover as per him, in this situation the E2 (NDVO) application will get cancelled.

Please feel free to provide suggestions.
1) Not sure if Ottawa is faster or NDVO.
2) Or is it the case that some processing is done in Ottawa and then for final check the application is send to local visa office (in this case NDVO)? Because that will mean E2 is going faster.

RenanDantas

Mar 4, 2019
Hey @sg02

What happened with your reopened application? Got approved? And if yes, how long did it take?

I'm on similar situation, they reopened my application that was previous refused due to a mistake from CIC. I'm waiting for a month already with no news. They even refund the application fees and haven't asked to pay it once again. Now I'm wondering how long it may take.

NZ_ozzie

Sep 4, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
10-11-2018
Doc's Request.
11-12-2018
AOR Received.
10-11-2018
Med's Done....
11-12-2018
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2019
This seems like a positive thread for people with refusals...I wish they re-open for all with genuine refusals...
All the best to you anyways!!!

Reactions: sg02

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Hey @sg02

What happened with your reopened application? Got approved? And if yes, how long did it take?

I'm on similar situation, they reopened my application that was previous refused due to a mistake from CIC. I'm waiting for a month already with no news. They even refund the application fees and haven't asked to pay it once again. Now I'm wondering how long it may take.
Yes, got PPR within first 2 weeks of re-opening. And another week or so for passport stamping and approval.

Now I have requested IRCC to withdraw the second application. Lets see if they refund the RPRF only or the application fees as well.

RenanDantas

Mar 4, 2019
Good for you! And thanks for the prompt response @sg02.

One last question, if you don't mind. Did you receive any letter or updates on your account when they reopened your application?

Just asking cause I received an email saying that they have received my request for reconsideration on Feb 4 and that I would be informed of any decision. One day later my account was updated from "Decision made" to "Submitted" showing same application steps status as it was before being refused + "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided". Since that anything happened.

My only concern is that my case was really simple. Long story short, my application was refused stating that the course I took in Canada was offered online only, what is not true and I provided a letter from school among other documents to prove it. (Basically the school is now offering this course online only since this year, 2019, but when I took it was full-time in classroom and I can easily prove it).

So, to sum up, with the additional documents that I provided I was expecting to receive a request to pay the fee that was refunded right away and a decision in a few weeks, but I had no updates so far. For this reason I would like to know if you had any kind of update from the time they reopened your application.

In the meantime I created another EE profile and received the ITA. I haven't applied this second time yet and I'm hoping I'll not need to, but I'm running out of time since I have only a few more days to decline or apply again.

Reactions: 1993lbs

sg02

Star Member
Jan 7, 2017
Good for you! And thanks for the prompt response @sg02.

One last question, if you don't mind. Did you receive any letter or updates on your account when they reopened your application?

Just asking cause I received an email saying that they have received my request for reconsideration on Feb 4 and that I would be informed of any decision. One day later my account was updated from "Decision made" to "Submitted" showing same application steps status as it was before being refused + "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided". Since that anything happened.

My only concern is that my case was really simple. Long story short, my application was refused stating that the course I took in Canada was offered online only, what is not true and I provided a letter from school among other documents to prove it. (Basically the school is now offering this course online only since this year, 2019, but when I took it was full-time in classroom and I can easily prove it).

So, to sum up, with the additional documents that I provided I was expecting to receive a request to pay the fee that was refunded right away and a decision in a few weeks, but I had no updates so far. For this reason I would like to know if you had any kind of update from the time they reopened your application.

In the meantime I created another EE profile and received the ITA. I haven't applied this second time yet and I'm hoping I'll not need to, but I'm running out of time since I have only a few more days to decline or apply again.
Really sorry for the late response as I didn't check CanadaVisa forum for sometime.

1) I did get one auto-generated email in Nov, 2018 but there was no separate email that they are reconsidering my case. In Feb 2019, there was a direct update on the application (from refused to submitted) with the request for RPRF Fees and New PCCs.

2) Moreover the application fees was never refunded in my case (only RPRF Fees was refunded), that's why I had to pay RPRF again. But since in your case application fees has also been refunded, you can actually submit the fresh application and ignore the payment requests for older application if its taking too much time.

3) It also depends upon how much overall time was spent and stages you reached: a) before rejection b) between re-opening request till application gets updated c) after application is updated.

In my case, I had ordered the GCMS notes as soon as the application got updated (b). After reading the GCMS notes, I noticed that most of the checks were already completed before rejection itself (almost 75 days). Then after my re-opening request, they starting reviewing it again within first week itself on backend, even though I got application updated message after 2.5 months.

So in reality, my application was re-opened 2.5 months ago before I saw the profile update but its just that we cannot see what is happening on the back-end. Now since they wanted to go ahead with it, they requested for RPRF + PCCs otherwise there would have been no update at all on the application.

That could be one reason why PPR request came within 2 weeks after that update, since my application had already gone through for over 150 days of processing (75 days before rejection + 75 days after reopening)

4) I would recommend you to call CIC to check the exact status of your profile and which stage you are in because I believe they have access to the notes / updates by visa officers. However it doesn't work all the time, depends on the person you get connected to. Ordering GCMS notes will be the next best bet but it takes almost a month to receive them.

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Hey @sg02

What is your AOR?
How much will take by IRCC to reopen the application?
Did you any Reconsideration request to IRCC with LOE?

Please suggest me because i am in same boat?

RenanDantas

Mar 4, 2019
What is your AOR?
How much will take by IRCC to reopen the application?
Did you any Reconsideration request to IRCC with LOE?

Please suggest me because i am in same boat?
AOR - Sept 18, 2018
Decision Made - Jan 9, 2019 - Application Refused due to a misunderstanding (I explained on a msg above)

I requested a reconsideration at the same date (Jan 9) using the Web Form and attached some documents to prove my statement. I also emailed the office that were processing my application 2-3 days later with same documents attached.

About a month later, at first week of February, my application was reopened - just noticed a change on the status on my account from "decision made" back to "submitted" stage NA2. First week of April, after long time without any update, I noticed an update on my account showing IP2 status - non of those updates was informed by email. On April 15, however, I finally received the gold email.

So, just to update my timeline:
back to NA2 satege - First week of Feb, 2019 (don't remember the exact date)
CoPR - Apr 15, 2019
Landing Interview scheduled for May 7, 2019

PS: Sometime after having my application reopened without any updates, at first week of April I ordered the GCMS which I haven't received yet since it was supposed to be done by May only. Just telling you that cause I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but the update on my account (from NA2 to IP2) happened 2-3 days after this. I've read at a few places that same thingo happened with other people - hard to say if there is any relationship with the act of order the GCMS notes, but there's at least a small possibility that my application was forgotten aside somehow and suddenly someone had to take a look on the progress of it to generate the GCMS note and because of that I had some progress. Again, it's hard to say, but since first week of February I had no updates at all and considering that a decision had been made about my application previously and the mistake that leaded to a refusal was explained and was easy for them to crosscheck the info provided I truly believe the GCMS note helped me somehow.

Back to your last question asking for suggestions, I've been told by the agents by phone and also on the refusal letter to use the Webform to request them to reconsider my application. As I've said before, I also emailed the office that was processing my application just in case. I received an answer by email from the office about 40 days later saying that the would check my additional documents, however at that time my account was already back to "submitted" status, what make me think that the Webform was quicker.

Just be in mind that on my case it was clearly a mistake/misunderstanding from CIC side. I provided all documents required at the beginning and when assessing my documents they somehow ignored some evidences. Not sure if they would reopen if it was my mistake.

Reactions: sg02

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
AOR - Sept 18, 2018
Decision Made - Jan 9, 2019 - Application Refused due to a misunderstanding (I explained on a msg above)

I requested a reconsideration at the same date (Jan 9) using the Web Form and attached some documents to prove my statement. I also emailed the office that were processing my application 2-3 days later with same documents attached.

About a month later, at first week of February, my application was reopened - just noticed a change on the status on my account from "decision made" back to "submitted" stage NA2. First week of April, after long time without any update, I noticed an update on my account showing IP2 status - non of those updates was informed by email. On April 15, however, I finally received the gold email.

So, just to update my timeline:
back to NA2 satege - First week of Feb, 2019 (don't remember the exact date)
CoPR - Apr 15, 2019
Landing Interview scheduled for May 7, 2019

PS: Sometime after having my application reopened without any updates, at first week of April I ordered the GCMS which I haven't received yet since it was supposed to be done by May only. Just telling you that cause I'm not sure if it's coincidence or not but the update on my account (from NA2 to IP2) happened 2-3 days after this. I've read at a few places that same thingo happened with other people - hard to say if there is any relationship with the act of order the GCMS notes, but there's at least a small possibility that my application was forgotten aside somehow and suddenly someone had to take a look on the progress of it to generate the GCMS note and because of that I had some progress. Again, it's hard to say, but since first week of February I had no updates at all and considering that a decision had been made about my application previously and the mistake that leaded to a refusal was explained and was easy for them to crosscheck the info provided I truly believe the GCMS note helped me somehow.

Back to your last question asking for suggestions, I've been told by the agents by phone and also on the refusal letter to use the Webform to request them to reconsider my application. As I've said before, I also emailed the office that was processing my application just in case. I received an answer by email from the office about 40 days later saying that the would check my additional documents, however at that time my account was already back to "submitted" status, what make me think that the Webform was quicker.

Just be in mind that on my case it was clearly a mistake/misunderstanding from CIC side. I provided all documents required at the beginning and when assessing my documents they somehow ignored some evidences. Not sure if they would reopen if it was my mistake.
Thanks for the details.
Actually i also raised Webform on same day of Refusal 5-Apr-19.
But i received reply from webform that please contact to LVO for this. I already sent mail to LVO 2-3 times with all required explanation and required documents.
But still no reply, that is the reason i am little bit worried.

In my case, IRCC gave me clearance before for Job Duties but now gave refusal me for the same.
From 1st & 2nd GCMS notes shows that all required job duties matched with the NOC code and work experience. Ok

RenanDantas

Mar 4, 2019
Thanks for the details.
Actually i also raised Webform on same day of Refusal 5-Apr-19.
But i received reply from webform that please contact to LVO for this. I already sent mail to LVO 2-3 times with all required explanation and required documents.
But still no reply, that is the reason i am little bit worried.

In my case, IRCC gave me clearance before for Job Duties but now gave refusal me for the same.
From 1st & 2nd GCMS notes shows that all required job duties matched with the NOC code and work experience. Ok
My office was Ottawa. As I've said, they took about 40 days to reply, so hopefully your reply is coming sooner or later. I raised webform twice, one at the same day of refusal and a second time when I got some further documents to support my statement. Both webforms reply were saying that my message would be forward to the office responsable for my application, although I sent an email straight to the office as well just in case.

Did you call CIC to ask for guidance or understand what happened? I know the agents that answer the phone cannot make any decisions, but at least when I called the agent had access to a detailed reason why my application was refused (apparently the "investigator" checked my course on the college website and noticed that the course was being offered online only, however he totally ignored the documents that I provided that clearly showed that the course was taken in classroom) and after my explanation that the course was previously offered in-class bases the agent recommended me to use the webform to explain.

I hope you'll have this solved soon, I know how hard is to wait without knowing what's happening next specially if it's not your fault.

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
My office was Ottawa. As I've said, they took about 40 days to reply, so hopefully your reply is coming sooner or later. I raised webform twice, one at the same day of refusal and a second time when I got some further documents to support my statement. Both webforms reply were saying that my message would be forward to the office responsable for my application, although I sent an email straight to the office as well just in case.

Did you call CIC to ask for guidance or understand what happened? I know the agents that answer the phone cannot make any decisions, but at least when I called the agent had access to a detailed reason why my application was refused (apparently the "investigator" checked my course on the college website and noticed that the course was being offered online only, however he totally ignored the documents that I provided that clearly showed that the course was taken in classroom) and after my explanation that the course was previously offered in-class bases the agent recommended me to use the webform to explain.

I hope you'll have this solved soon, I know how hard is to wait without knowing what's happening next specially if it's not your fault.
Thanks for your suggestion. For sure today i will call CIC to know the reason in detail. Actually i already ordered GCMS notes on that same day when i got refusal 05-Apr
Hopefully for sure i will get good news very soon. Because i waited long time for 280 days approx and then i got refusal.
This is not worth to release refusal at that time. I totally shattered.

Tmm15

Sep 28, 2016
Hello everyone,
Pls I was refused on Monday. The officer stated he/she couldn’t verify my employment based on my employment letter. After sending numerous updated letters from my 9th month till my 13th month. I stopped because I was told the new letter has been received and been reviewed.
Pls do you think I can

Torresma

Apr 15, 2019
Good eve everyone.. i just want to ask last may 3 i won an appeal. They said they are going to reopen my application but up to now no update. Anybody experience this and they returned mg payment already

Hemusharma51

May 19, 2017
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
Nomination.....
May-18
AOR Received.
14-06-2018
Good eve everyone.. i just want to ask last may 3 i won an appeal. They said they are going to reopen my application but up to now no update. Anybody experience this and they returned mg payment already
Are u Inland or Outland