+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Temporary Resident Permit (TRP)

Anna828

Feb 21, 2018
Hi everyone,

I do also have good news. I got my TRP and study permit approved! Just have to figure out whether I can exit and re-enter since it's valid for 2 years, and I think it says that I can, but once again, I contacted my lawyer for that. Good luck to everyone else! It seems easier than all the websites say it is (that they only approve it in really rare circumstances...)

Coffeeaddict

Jul 4, 2018
Hi everyone,

I do also have good news. I got my TRP and study permit approved! Just have to figure out whether I can exit and re-enter since it's valid for 2 years, and I think it says that I can, but once again, I contacted my lawyer for that. Good luck to everyone else! It seems easier than all the websites say it is (that they only approve it in really rare circumstances...)
Oh my gosh congrats!!!!!!!!

Coffeeaddict

Jul 4, 2018
I also got a email saying mine was in queue for review on the 14th, haven't heard anything since then...Im hoping its soon! let me know if you hear anything back
Oh yay!!! I wasn't sure if we would get an email because I saw some people said they never received a confirmation email to acknowledge receipt of their application. Best of luck!!! We want to travel to Canada in 4 weeks so the timeline is getting tight.

Just an update: I entered Canada yesterday and no issues at all. I wasn’t ask a single question. I had to ask him whether he needed to put my passport picture on the document. That’s it!
Yay congrats!!!!!! Have a great time in Canada.

Bseneo

Sep 10, 2018
Dear all,

I hope you are well. I am writing in hopes of getting some clarity. I spoke to a number of lawyers and they offered different, very expensive alternatives. The background for my case is below:

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the US. I want to apply for a Canadian visitor visa for tourism. To that end, I wanted to get some more information on the admissibility.
I have an arrest record for a misdemeanor, disorderly conduct from 2015. The case was dismissed and there was no conviction. I didn’t have to pay any penalty or do community service.

Can you please let me know if I can apply for the visitor visa or would I have to apply for a Temporary Resident permit?

I couldn’t find any relevant information on the website.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Coffeeaddict

Jul 4, 2018
Dear all,

I hope you are well. I am writing in hopes of getting some clarity. I spoke to a number of lawyers and they offered different, very expensive alternatives. The background for my case is below:

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the US. I want to apply for a Canadian visitor visa for tourism. To that end, I wanted to get some more information on the admissibility.
I have an arrest record for a misdemeanor, disorderly conduct from 2015. The case was dismissed and there was no conviction. I didn’t have to pay any penalty or do community service.

Can you please let me know if I can apply for the visitor visa or would I have to apply for a Temporary Resident permit?

I couldn’t find any relevant information on the website.

I appreciate your help.

Thanks.
https://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/can-i-go-to-canada-with-a--disorderly-conduct--on--551099.html

That was from a 2-second Google search. Looks like disorderly conduct does not make you inadmissible to Canada. I'm NOT a lawyer though. Perhaps you should consult with a lawyer from Canada to get a third opinion.

Dclark1215

Aug 11, 2016
Okay I was thinking of emailing them at the end of the week too. Our travel dates are in 2 weeks!!!
Ok! Wow, I hope you get approved i'm starting to get worried. Let me know what they say...Is there a number we could possibly call? I found nothing and searched pretty hard.

Coffeeaddict

Jul 4, 2018
Ok! Wow, I hope you get approved i'm starting to get worried. Let me know what they say...Is there a number we could possibly call? I found nothing and searched pretty hard.
Oh man, thanks for the support. I hope you hear good news soon!!! We sent an email to LNGLSQUESTIONS@INTERNATIONAL.GC.CA today. Another poster on page 5 said she got a reply from that email after inquiring. I Googled the email address too and it came up on the consulate's Twitter and Facebook pages. Both were in response to other people asking how to inquire about their applications. We didn't expect a reply right away but I hope we get one early next week. Will update as things develop...

Dclark1215

Aug 11, 2016
Oh man, thanks for the support. I hope you hear good news soon!!! We sent an email to LNGLSQUESTIONS@INTERNATIONAL.GC.CA today. Another poster on page 5 said she got a reply from that email after inquiring. I Googled the email address too and it came up on the consulate's Twitter and Facebook pages. Both were in response to other people asking how to inquire about their applications. We didn't expect a reply right away but I hope we get one early next week. Will update as things develop...
Ok, sounds good yeah I know thats basically the only way to contact them but was just making sure. Keep me updated if you hear anything!