+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

cherfs

Sep 12, 2017
Hi everyone! I just want to ask your opinion about our case. My son was diagnosed with mild autism, presently enrolled in a regular class as kindergarten student. Our medical was done on september 9, 2017 and the additional documents was already forwarded to mvo on October 27,2017. Since then we haven't receive any updates from IRCC thru my gckey account and ecas but no fairness letter receive as of this moment. Are all applicants with this kind of case will receive a fairness letter? Thank you and God bless us all!

Reactions: Javeline

Peta

May 10, 2016
Hi everyone! I just want to ask your opinion about our case. My son was diagnosed with mild autism, presently enrolled in a regular class as kindergarten student. Our medical was done on september 9, 2017 and the additional documents was already forwarded to mvo on October 27,2017. Since then we haven't receive any updates from IRCC thru my gckey account and ecas but no fairness letter receive as of this moment. Are all applicants with this kind of case will receive a fairness letter? Thank you and God bless us all!
I haven't received one either. We submitted in August 2017 and uploaded all documents pertaining to his diagnosis. We have received 2 request for additional documents; none of which are related to my son. We are simply waiting now.

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I haven't received one either. We submitted in August 2017 and uploaded all documents pertaining to his diagnosis. We have received 2 request for additional documents; none of which are related to my son. We are simply waiting now.
shouldn't you be exempted from such investigation after the new amended rule regarding medical inadvisability? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2018/04/government-of-canada-brings-medical-inadmissibility-policyin-line-with-inclusivity-for-persons-with-disabilities.html

Reactions: wsongco

Peta

May 10, 2016
Our application has been in the system for almost 9 months now with no updates. I'm hoping this will speed it up. Additionally, we were nominated by Ontario; which apparently has a longer wait time too. Will call for an update.

Reactions: frew

frew

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
hi just want an opinion, my son was recently diagnosed with autism he is canadian born approaching 3 years old i also have a canadian born daughter 1 1/2 years old my wife and i are failed refugee applicants we didnt appeal cause we knew no better so now we are trying H&C app based on our sons diagnosis
You may have a good chance to get accepted as the inadmissability rule is now relaxed. The exessive demand level is increased (3 times the previous amount ) to about 19,000 CAD and amending the definition of social services. Good luck for you!

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi Guys,
I am a refugee applicant. Hopefully, I will be accepted this month after my hearing.
I have a son who has the speech delay and might have Autism (He is in the waiting list for diagnosis), I hope he does not have it but if his test be positive how it would affect out PR application?
I appreciate any information you share with me.
Best

rishikappor

May 22, 2015
Any more success stories? ??We were asked for kids medical again as it was more then a year our application had no activity.

farhan1412

Jan 7, 2016
guys I have the same issue can u plz guide me the correct path:

My daughter will be 6 years old next Year Jan, I have done all her test and her reports are all ok, but still she is not able to talk n walk (Crawling only) so what are the chances for me for her medical

Jalalcananda

May 24, 2018
Hi guys
Is still autism is a problem for pr application?
I am an accepted refugee and my son is in waiting list for autism check.
I am very worried.
Please share your information
Best regards
Jalal