+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

application for canadian visa (PR) - child with mild autism

tanmirt

Apr 20, 2015
Hello all.

Any news with your application in respect of your kids?? as we are in the same boat! my son is 3 years old, diagnosed with ASD, and 10 days back we submitted the requested documents such as psychological report including assessment for IQ and adaptive skills. till today no reply from CIC. Please let me have your reply.

PrincessIrene02

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-05-2015
hi all, hope you alll now have your PR....

i havent received any ITA yet, but my 3 year old son has an ADHD.... will this be a problem? thanks.....

Appleyip

May 12, 2015
PrincessIrene02 said:
hi all, hope you alll now have your PR....

i havent received any ITA yet, but my 3 year old son has an ADHD.... will this be a problem? thanks.....
ADHD is not an excessive burden on the health system. Don't worry. Only Autistic or ASD CIC will refuse the PR application. This is a chronic health problem and will cost a lot of on the social and health system in Canada. So far I have not seen any applicants with ASD or autism child received their PR. Those similar cases will fail even the applicants appeal in the federal court. The latest appeal case failed too regarding to the African doctor who has a autistic child too...just check online..

SN1930

Apr 9, 2015
Hi my son was diagnosed with autism after seeing a neuro devped referred by the doctor on our medical assessment. We are still waiting for the report from the devped to complete his medical requirement. Actually Im not satisfied with the result so we wanted to have a 2nd opinion from another devped. Is this ok? I want to prepare all medical supporting documents needed for the fairness letter and i don't know how to start. All our relatives (Canadian Citizens) are willing to give financial support for all the services my child needs.

zafrulbd

Jun 21, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore now change to Manila(07-05-2015)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03 -06-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
Nomination.....
30-09-2014
AOR Received.
16 April 2015
IELTS Request
23-11-2013
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-5-2015 Received 23 May 2015 Decision made-29.May 2015
Interview........
23-12-2013
Passport Req..
09-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Delivery 26 August (Visa issue 27 july 2015 thanks to ALLAHA)
LANDED..........
22 October 2015
I hope everyone have got positive result

SN1930

Apr 9, 2015
tanmirt said:
Hello all.

Any news with your application in respect of your kids?? as we are in the same boat! my son is 3 years old, diagnosed with ASD, and 10 days back we submitted the requested documents such as psychological report including assessment for IQ and adaptive skills. till today no reply from CIC. Please let me have your reply.
hi did you received a fairness letter for the supporting documents you submitted? did CIC already replied to your application? TIA

dckcrz

May 7, 2014
SN1930 said:
Hi my son was diagnosed with autism after seeing a neuro devped referred by the doctor on our medical assessment. We are still waiting for the report from the devped to complete his medical requirement. Actually Im not satisfied with the result so we wanted to have a 2nd opinion from another devped. Is this ok? I want to prepare all medical supporting documents needed for the fairness letter and i don't know how to start. All our relatives (Canadian Citizens) are willing to give financial support for all the services my child needs.
yes, you can ask for second opinion besides, the immigration will consider the documents you have submitted regardless to whom devped you have consulted for as long as the dmp will allow you to consult other devped..as to your fairness letter, this is very tricky so be careful on your reply..i suggest that you consult a lawyer, perhaps, immigration lawyer...God bless and Good luck to your application....

dckcrz

May 7, 2014
tanmirt said:
Hello all.

hi, reply from CIC will take time..usually for months..btw, have you already received a fairness letter? if not, better be prepare for this..in some cases, after psycho and other tests, fairness letter from immigration will follow..Good luck and God bless!

QQQ

Sep 24, 2013
hi dckcrz,

I am in a similar situation we sent additional medical documents 6th July after the initial medical to show my child has mild/moderate autism and is fully functioning going to normal school. So far we have not heard back that we have passed the medical stage.

I can see your siutation is going on for over 2 years, did you eventually hear back to are you still waiting?

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Odd enough, most ppl who have been in process for a long time stopped responding here. That does not appear to be a very positive sign.

boggz

Star Member
May 9, 2012
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Manila (as of 20 Nov 13 from SGVO) (Manitoba PNP)
Doc's Request.
15-08-2014 Answer to Fairness Letter submitted
Nomination.....
06-12-2011
AOR Received.
18-05-2012 (CIC)
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
23-07-2012 (SGVO), 20-11-2013 Transfered SGVO to Manila
Med's Request
17-12-2013 / Further MR for daughter (GDD) 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
03-02-2014
Hello guys, It's been a year and a month now since I sent my reply to CIC for our fairness letter. But still no update on our case. :(

Apirant

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-June-2010
Med's Request
27-Aug-2013; Received Fairness letter : 21-Aug-2014
Med's Done....
2-Oct-2013;
Passport Req..
27-Aug-2013
VISA ISSUED...
???????
LANDED..........
????????
Hi Guys,

I applied under MI1 and I responded to fairness letter Oct 2014 and still waiting for a decision. As per the GCMS notes the visa officer has written notes saying "waiting for feedback from Medical officer". Not sure when the Medical officer would respond back. Looks like they are intentionally delaying the file so that few of the applicants might withdraw due to change in situation. When we can gather and send all the details in a month not sure how long would it take to review the file that was prepared and sent in a month. The VO seen the file in Mar 2015 (file sent on Oct 2014), he sent it to Medical officer in Apr 2015 and from then awaiting feedback from medical officer. Not sure if the file is lost in the transit with in the same office ( from VO desk to Medical officer desk). Really frustated and happy to hear any decision (positive or negative). Since I waited for 5 years wanted to wait for few more months(hoping) to see the VO final decision rather than withdrawing the application. The sad part is my passport is with VO for the past 2 years as NDVO used to get the passport along with medicals in 2013 but now they have changed the process to receive the passport after medical and security goes fine.