+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi friends,

We have a question about the physical presence calculation - my spouse held an open work permit from September 2016 to August 2017, and became a PR in Aug 2017. But he was in Canada only briefly in September 2016 for a couple of days, and he was working in India, and eventually moved here on OWP in June 2017. Now since, his time as a temporary worker from June-Aug 2017 will count towards the physical presence, we are trying to figure out the most accurate way to answer the question of his temporary residence status i.e. "Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between 2016-12-06 and 2017-08-02 and select Add Entry. Select Calculate when you have finished listing all periods of temporary residence."

Now, although he did have a temporary residence status between Dec 2016 and Aug 2017, he was not in Canada for the majority of this time. So we are planning on giving these dates as 2017-06-07 to 2017-08-02, and just adding an explanation that he actually held the OWP from Sept 2016 to Aug 2017 along with the OWP, but since he was not physically present in Canada from 2016-12-06 to 2017-06-06, the dates in the physical presence calculator are mentioned as 2017-06-07 to 2017-08-02.
So based on the info and some assumptions of the dates I tried to play around with the PPC.. Please see some screenshots

It will prompt you that some dates are beyond the eligibility dates (which is fine and you further continue)

You can then select Yes or No depending on the travels from Canada between the eligibility dates

The information you enter will be displayed at the end with something like this which you then need to print and attach to your application (no signature required) (i have not included the travels from Canada for this excercise)

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi all, does bachelors degree B.E from university sufficient enough to satisfy English language proof?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0002-application-canadian-citizenship-under-subsection-5-1-adults-18-years-older.html

Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:
  1. You attended or are currently attending a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad, including:
    1. A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    2. If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with (including an official translation of the original document, if needed)
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Question:

I gave my landing in 2016 and went back to my home country and came back again in 2018, filled taxes as ZERO for the year 2016 and 2017 and 2018 as i was not living here so i didnt paid the tax, now its time to file the citizenship so i have to mention where i was in the year 2016 to 2018 so question is that will I have to show my earnings as well that where i was working and if i have to mention that can they reject my application or they will ask me to pay the taxes on the earning what i have made in 2016 till 2018?
You are overthinking it. You were not required to pay taxes in Canada since you were not living here. I have situation and filed $0 taxes for 2017 and 2018.

khushit

Nov 6, 2021
So based on the info and some assumptions of the dates I tried to play around with the PPC.. Please see some screenshots

It will prompt you that some dates are beyond the eligibility dates (which is fine and you further continue)

You can then select Yes or No depending on the travels from Canada between the eligibility dates

The information you enter will be displayed at the end with something like this which you then need to print and attach to your application (no signature required) (i have not included the travels from Canada for this excercise)
thank you so much!

Reactions: abbas.pasha

Ilaha

Star Member
Jan 10, 2020
Hi, I hope everyone is doing well.. I just want to know that time when I can be eligible to apply for citizenship. I came to Canada in 2016 and after that I extended my visitor visa then I was like temporary residen. FTER TWO YEARS APPLY FOR REFUGEE AND Was accepted. This year in May I become permanent resident. I don't know how to count my days and don't know when I can be eligible for apply for citizenship Canada. Thanks

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Hello,
I have a question regarding my cotizenship application,
Employment history :
I have a contract job so which company name and address should i put ?
1) The agency name who paid me or the company i worked for
2) the address of agency who paid me or the company i worked for ?
3) also the agency x was sold to agency y and their address was changed ?
please guide
Thanks

mattjp1

Jul 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I just passed my test and am going for a four weeks end of year vacation outside Canada. CIC website asks to let them know (web form) if we are leaving Canada for more than two weeks in a row. Probably so that they don't schedule tests/oath when we are away. CIC website also says that if we receive a test/oath invite and we can't attend, we let them know and they will re-schedule. As I just passed my test today, the oath will probably be 3+ months down the line. Should I send the webform anyway? I just wouldn't want a web form to delay the progress of the application.

Jodyjack20

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,
- I have been a PR since may 2019 and had PGWP since 2016…
-I now qualify for citizenship application
- the last time I left the country was August 2018 for 10 days…
-do i need to submit police clearance since the only place iv been for 183 days is Canada??

Thanks for all your information help great work.

Jodyjack20

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,
- I have been a PR since may 2019 and had PGWP since 2016…
-do i need to submit police clearance since the only place iv been for 183 days is Canada??

Jodyjack20

Dec 5, 2021
Hello,
- I have been a PR since may 2019 and had PGWP previously.

itzparth

Mar 29, 2018
Hi ! I will be finishing my 1095 days in Canada in Jan 2022. Planning to goto India, come back in March and then apply for citizenship. Question, if I were to get a job in USA and move there right after I send my application or at most until I get AOR, will it cause any issues later ? I have a relative here whose residential address will be my mailing address.
I checked this [https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=911&top=5] and it says it should be okay but just wanted to confirm if anyone has knowledge of something gone wrong with a case like mine. Thanks :)

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello, As i am going through the required documents to be submitted, just realized they havent asked for our copy of PR cards, which is surprising. Am I missing something?

wink

May 25, 2021
Hello, As i am going through the required documents to be submitted, just realized they havent asked for our copy of PR cards, which is surprising. Am I missing something?
Maybe because only they sent it to us, so they have all the info about it (UCI?) and don't need a copy of it from us?

Reactions: fswaspirant