+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Application for Canadian Citizenship - A Comprehensive Guide

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hi, question about Date when we sign the application.
Can I use two different dates on my kid (minor 7yrs) form and my form. I am sending both application in one envelope
My form - 2021-11-26
Kid form - 2021-11-28

Please advise
Suggest you to keep the same dates...
Guide CIT 0003 - Application for Canadian Citizenship - Minors (under 18 years of age)
This form and guide is for permanent residents, under 18 years of age, who have one parent who is a Canadian citizen or one parent who is applying for their Canadian citizenship at the same time.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html

Reactions: Ahv

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Suggest you to keep the same dates...
Guide CIT 0003 - Application for Canadian Citizenship - Minors (under 18 years of age)
This form and guide is for permanent residents, under 18 years of age, who have one parent who is a Canadian citizen or one parent who is applying for their Canadian citizenship at the same time.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html
Thanks!

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello, I am prepping my app and had couple of questions on the checklist:
1. "Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date. " - Should the photocopy include empty pages as well OR only the bio pages and once with visa / immigration stamps?

2. Photocopy of proof that demonstrates knowledge of English or French (if you are 18 to 54 years of age). - Does the IELTS from ~7 years back ok, the one I used for PR? Any suggestions of using a 7 year old IELTS vs graduation certification (which is in english)?

Cheers

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello, I am prepping my app and had couple of questions on the checklist:
1. "Colour photocopy of all pages in your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your five (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date. " - Should the photocopy include empty pages as well OR only the bio pages and once with visa / immigration stamps?

2. Photocopy of proof that demonstrates knowledge of English or French (if you are 18 to 54 years of age). - Does the IELTS from ~7 years back ok, the one I used for PR? Any suggestions of using a 7 year old IELTS vs graduation certification (which is in english)?

Cheers
1. All pages = All pages which include empty pages.

2. You can use the IELTS-General test report you used for PR, even if it has expired.

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
1. All pages = All pages which include empty pages.

2. You can use the IELTS-General test report you used for PR, even if it has expired.
Thanks!. Wow all pages of passports : thats a lot of photocopies. Does anyone have suggestions , where to get the photocopies in Vancouver/lower mainland?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks!. Wow all pages of passports : thats a lot of photocopies. Does anyone have suggestions , where to get the photocopies in Vancouver/lower mainland?
Honestly, you'll be better of buying a multi-function printer (which has at least printer + scanner) at a reasonable price instead of paying for prints every time. It also allows you to do all this at the comfort of your home.

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Best way to organize documents in envelope for mail?

Hi All, I am sending application for family (3 members) and its lot of pages. Can you suggest how to arrange all in one envelope from your experience.
1] Can I use separate envelope for each and put all 3 in one envelope
2] Can I use stapler
3] Can I use Paperclip
3] Can I use Blinder clips
4] How to separate form and supporting documents if we can't use stapler

Any better idea to prepare documents for courier? Please advise @abbas.pasha @rajkamalmohanram

Last edited:

ankul

Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Has anyone listed their transit visa in the online citizenship application ?

Ahv

Mar 13, 2016
Hi, do we need to provide colour copies of all supporting documents? or only Passport

Below mentioned in Guide. Please advise
  • included high quality colour copies of two (2) pieces of personal identification one of which must have your photo on it
  • included high quality colour copies of requested documents, their translation(s) and an affidavit by the translator for any documents that are not in English or French
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-0003-application-canadian-citizenship-minors-under-18-years.html#step7

Last edited: